After just reading pretty bad news about , I'm having to come to realize I might actually have to make a choice soon on what company we will all have to switch too next.

One report, that was a supposed leak from TMOBILE that stated 94% of people that came in and took advantage of the $200 trade-in on Blackberry devices, ended up switching to a rival company's device. That's bad. And it seems to link coincide with the reports of big losses for BB's latest earnings/losses report. It makes me think even "IF" the Priv has average success, it's still a means to an end on the hardware side, since it just puts current BB users one foot out the door by using Android OS.

If, BB stops making handsets all together, it's probably safe to assume they will stop updating and improving BB10. IMO, if that happens, I would think it would make sense to put alot more effort into making all the "baked-in" perks we are used too, available as add-ons or apps via Google play. Then it would be ok to switch to a different device, as long as I can download all my BB perks as apps, to taylor my experience.

All of that being said..which device will you choose when the inevitable happens?

PS: I am absolutely NOT rooting for BB to fail..I just want them to stop riding the fence. If they are going to be a software company, then do that. But I don't think they can live up to their "software potential " if they are trying to invent apps while trying to maintain their struggling hardware department. One or the other.. There are tons of cool phones..phones even better than BB(minus the PKB), but it's not the looks that make the phone.. Its the OS and what's included!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    anon(1723145) likes this.
    12-09-15 02:32 PM
    I am not sure which way to. Go I might try windows phone though with no really exposure I don't want to. I hate bot android and ios. And REALLY don't want to use either.

What is the most frustrating part is see all the mistake BlackBerry made. People wanted a flagship All touch And they never delivered. You can say Ya we got the passport niche phone. Classic only legacy users wanted but the majority of people wanted a flagship. Something people would over look the apps for. And we never got it. And when they do its android?!?! Wtf. It would have been interesting to see if they had released both a bb10 and Droid which would have sold more.

Sadly if BlackBerry goes all in on Android. I am out cause I can't stand it.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and acovey like this.
    12-09-15 03:58 PM
    I'm using 2 Dixie cups with a string in between them. Very secure.
    12-09-15 04:40 PM
    I am not sure which way to. Go I might try windows phone though with no really exposure I don't want to. I hate bot android and ios. And REALLY don't want to use either.

What is the most frustrating part is see all the mistake BlackBerry made. People wanted a flagship All touch And they never delivered. You can say Ya we got the passport niche phone. Classic only legacy users wanted but the majority of people wanted a flagship. Something people would over look the apps for. And we never got it. And when they do its android?!?! Wtf. It would have been interesting to see if they had released both a bb10 and Droid which would have sold more.

Sadly if BlackBerry goes all in on Android. I am out cause I can't stand it.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, they def weren't going to release 2 versions. Especially since Chen already damn near put the nail in the coffin by saying if the Priv didn't sell they were out of the handset biz! It's all about Apps and how cool your phone looks these days. Our BB phones can be the coolest thing out..but without apps it might as well be a phone from the 90s that is obsolete. Yea there are some of use that don't have to use the mainstream apps, but as a businessman, all it takes is for one of my banking apps to stop supporting BB and I am FORCED TO LEAVE! I love my Classic and the rest of my BBs, but the second I can't do business on my phone, I have to go elsewhere!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    12-09-15 04:41 PM
    Nice post jmo712. I've been thinking a lot about my next device. It definitely won't be running Android. BlackBerry isn't perfect when it comes to security, but it's still better than Google which wants you to share everything with everyone. I think Apple phones are too fragile and too expensive, but I'm used to iOS from using my iPad Mini. Right now I'm leaning towards a Windows phone. The Lumia 950 looks OK.

Posted via CB10
    lift and Q10Bold like this.
    12-09-15 04:42 PM
    If BlackBerry goes full android, I will be moving on to Windows.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    12-09-15 04:50 PM
    Another nausea inducing pessimistic doom and gloom fatalistic thread.

Just use whatever phone you want. Right now, bb10 is working great for me. If it's not working great for you, go elsewhere. Your current bb10 phone isn't going to instantly dissolve if BlackBerry announces that they are out of the hardware or bb10 business. If you have to switch, it may take you all of 10 minutes to learn the basics of the android or ios operating system. No need for an advance 12 month contingency preparation period.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 05:18 PM
    I think that the "smartphone era" will end a lot sooner than many people think. I am using a 2-in-1 PC (Surface Pro) with a VOIP service (Skype for Business) which gives me a full telephone line for $20 a month with unlimited calling pretty much anywhere. That, plus a data service for the few times I don't have WiFi, pretty much gets the job done, and I don't have to carry two devices or fuss with ANY mobile apps.

I know that carrying a tablet everywhere isn't viable for everyone, but I also think that within a couple of years, some mobile devices will be running "real" operating systems like Windows, Mac OS, Ubuntu, etc. instead of these silly little gimped mobile OSes.

At that point we won't need dedicated "mobile apps" anymore, so the choice of platform/ecosystem won't matter nearly as much.

For diehard BB10 users, that means you might not have to switch to either iOS or Android if you can get through the next couple of years on your current device.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 12-10-15 at 07:30 AM.
    12-09-15 05:21 PM
    Another nausea inducing pessimistic doom and gloom fatalistic thread.

Just use whatever phone you want. Right now, bb10 is working great for me. If it's not working great for you, go elsewhere. Your current bb10 phone isn't going to instantly dissolve if BlackBerry announces that they are out of the hardware or bb10 business. If you have to switch, it may take you all of 10 minutes to learn the basics of the android or ios operating system. No need for an advance 12 month contingency preparation period.

Posted via CB10
    This thread is about if people are forced to look elsewhere for whatever reason, where will they look. Not if BB10 is great for z10Jobe! Pay attention next time!

12-09-15 05:29 PM
    Jolla is having problems. Sad story. I was gonna go there next. Hope they'll stick around! :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    S Valmont likes this.
    12-09-15 05:33 PM
    Probably Android. Not a fan of iOS or Windows.

Posted via Classic
    12-09-15 05:40 PM
    Jolla is having problems. Sad story. I was gonna go there next. Hope they'll stick around! :-)

I haven't really studied them at all. I figured if they ever came close to getting off the ground we'd hear, and I never did. Many people said they had potential though.
    12-09-15 05:45 PM
    Probably Android. Not a fan of iOS or Windows.

Posted via Classic
    I'd say probably Windows. Not a fan of iOS or Android.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2813 CB10 
    12-09-15 05:58 PM
    I've always wanted to try Windows. So that will likely be where I go. If the iPhone goes back to a nicer looking form factor I would consider iOS too.

But I am happy with my BB10 devices at the moment and see no need to switch anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    Jay Wright2 likes this.
    12-09-15 06:00 PM
    IPhone. No other option for me. If I'm moving I'm going for apps and if I want apps, I want the best quality apps. That only comes with iPhone. That's a while of though since my Z10 is running fine an my Sony is still sitting there collecting dust.

Though just want to point out how skewed those results were. When T-MOBILE did that promotion it was to get Legacy owners out of their BlackBerry so they could get rid of BIS fees and when initially offered it was not allowed to be used for the purchase of a BlackBerry product.

Further when they did open it to BlackBerry they didn't have a recently released model, no Z30 and no in store products available for people to see and touch before they bought.

This caused a lot of walk ins to go with what they had sitting in front of them.

Posted via CB10
    lift and techvisor like this.
    12-09-15 06:01 PM
    After my Z30 stops working because BlackBerry closes down BlackBerry services, then Windows phone.
    12-09-15 06:15 PM
    I haven't really studied them at all. I figured if they ever came close to getting off the ground we'd hear, and I never did. Many people said they had potential though.
    No significant market share in % was ever to be expected, but a sizeable number of users to sustain the company and its open-source OS development would certainly be desirable. It's always great to have a place to go and get an independent phone OS or "boutique option" instead of a mass-market product (that might be too bland for connoisseurs).

Linux keeps Microsoft honest, at least to a degree, I guess... :-)

12-09-15 09:08 PM
    It isn't just Jolla. Firefox OS has been discontinued, UbuntuPhone is going nowhere, and Tizen has only sold as an entry-level device in countries where most people are still buying their first smartphone ever and don't understand the app limitations. Not many people will buy a second Tizen phone. The same market forces that killed BB10 due to lack of an ecosystem are killing the others as well. It's the same reason we don't have dozens of desktop OSs either. Devs will mostly only support 2 OSs, with a few who will support a third. There really is no 4th Place or lower - they don't survive.
    12-09-15 09:16 PM
    Probably Windows Phone. Though most likely I'll keep my Z30 for a while longer and see what happens.
    12-09-15 09:34 PM
    This thread is about if people are forced to look elsewhere for whatever reason, where will they look. Not if BB10 is great for z10Jobe! Pay attention next time!

You said inevitable. Nothing has been formalized by BlackBerry. Pay attention to your own post.

There has been numerous threads on here about switching operating systems as though it is a long drawn out process. It really isn't, nor more so than any other consumer product. Your BlackBerry will continue to work if bb10 shuts down tomorrow which will provide anybody enough time to buy another phone. With the changing landscape of technology one would presumably see what the market has to offer at the time if they choose to switch. I only mentioned bb10 working great for me now is to make the point that there is no need for me to switch phones when mine is currently working well. I.e. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Posted via CB10
    Tony Edwards10 likes this.
    12-10-15 12:11 PM
    I only mentioned bb10 working great for me now is to make the point that there is no need for me to switch phones when mine is currently working well. I.e. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Posted via CB10
    And if there was no need for YOU to ever switch. Then this post was obviously not directed to you. Therefore, no need to comment.

MikeX74 and techvisor like this.
    12-10-15 03:16 PM
    Probably go apple, android would be second best and I've tried windows phone it was horrible, slow, apps poor and hopeless at multitasking. Will keep the passport for as long as I can though.

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    12-10-15 03:19 PM
    Most probably something Android. After I really tried to like the Priv, I think it's not the device I want. Windows Phone has potential but it doesn't quite offer what I want yet, plus I don't want to jump from one niche to another.

Apple does indeed build quite beautiful devices but there are just too many reasons not to go iOS for me. First of all I don't like the OS at all, then I don't want to buy into their ecosystem which forces all their other stuff onto you, and last but not least I dislike their brand image.

This brings me back to my first statement...

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 03:35 PM
    I'm using the iPhone 6. I'm also updating my Lumia 830 to Windows phone 10 as we speak.
    lift and techvisor like this.
    12-10-15 03:37 PM
    I'm using the iPhone 6. I'm also updating my Lumia 830 to Windows phone 10 as we speak.
    How are you liking Windows 10 on a mobile device?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 03:40 PM
245 123 ...