hey so im a big fan of CSI and ive watched all the series of miami, ive noticed that every single phone the csi's and the cops use are blackberry pearls and blackberries but in the latest series theyve been using a new phone that looks really stylish and i was wondering if anyone knows what it is? ive googled and cant find anything. here is a printscreen i took during an episode i watched earlier as one of the csi's dialed a number

05-19-12 12:23 PM
    Stage prop? Most companies pay money to the movie industry to have there products in movies and TV shows. Maybe RIM quit paying or canceled the series and no one else has picked it up so they used a stage prop. It's called Embedded Marketing. I can guarantee BBs weren't used because the producer likes them. They actually have "brokerage" companies that you goto to get your products featured, complex payment system based on visibility, length of time on the screen, ect.
    Last edited by Mr.Willie; 05-19-12 at 12:40 PM.
    05-19-12 12:38 PM
    The bottom are android buttons,but the top/side looks like the wp7 titan 2
    05-19-12 01:05 PM
    hey so im a big fan of CSI and ive watched all the series of miami, ive noticed that every single phone the csi's and the cops use are blackberry pearls and blackberries but in the latest series theyve been using a new phone that looks really stylish and i was wondering if anyone knows what it is? ive googled and cant find anything. here is a printscreen i took during an episode i watched earlier as one of the csi's dialed a number
    Was that a static shot or can you see the screen change as he is pushing buttons ?

The bottom are android buttons,but the top/side looks like the wp7 titan 2
    What is he using to display text messaging text like that ?
    05-19-12 01:10 PM
    Looks like a cross between an HTC Titan II and and HTC Evo.
    05-19-12 01:23 PM
    the screen changes as she types but i thought it wasnt too relevant as im sure they enhance mobile and computer screens on tv shows? (i might be wrong i just heard it somewhere)

its a shame if it is a prop as it looks quite nice and even has a charger port on the side of it. i thought was a lot of effort to go to designing a phone if its just a prop, they dont seem to have dropped blackberry as they had an 8900 in the episode too
    05-19-12 01:42 PM
    Most screens like cellphone screens are added in post-filming so you really can't go by the images you see there.

Did a little digging around over at Android Central, and as far as I can tell I think it's the HTC EVO 3D - based on charging port location and the buttons on the bottom. In the picture above, it looks kind of like it has a shell or case on it...

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d
    05-19-12 01:46 PM
    HTC EVO 3D with a simulated screen image. just like on TV commercials.....i mean look how big the screen is. its meant so you, as the viewer, can see it. computer generated....not real.
    05-19-12 07:45 PM
    yep signature HTC buttons on the bottom like mentioned
    05-19-12 07:58 PM
    Yeah, Evo 3D.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-20-12 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD