I've just bought a New Blackberry 8520 'Curve' today and moving up from a Palm Treo 680.
    I am a bit confused and thought that the BB Desktop Software would somehow open up a Calendar/Organiser onto my PC Desktop like my Palm does.

Can anyone know whether it is possible to get a desktop Calendar/Organiser like Palm's to use with the BB please ?
    08-31-10 12:54 PM
    your BB is suppose to Sync to your existing Calendar Application

I use Outlook personally, but I think Thunderbird by Mozilla is a free supported Calendar/Contact manager, if you don't have Outlook
    08-31-10 01:04 PM
    I ran into the same problem and have not found a satisfactory solution. I have been using Palm's desktop for my calendar for years. First I synced it to a Palm Pilot, and more recently to a Centro.

I can't find a way to import my old calendar into one that will sync with BB.

If I had used Outlook all along I would have no issues whatsoever. Unfortunately, I liked the Palm calendar and used it exclusively.
    08-31-10 01:07 PM
    down load Google Sync, Google Sync for your phone to your phone & log in

log into your google account online and when you edit/add stuff on there it will show up on your phone wirelessly. and when you edit/add on your phone it will show up online wirelessly

and you can add /view only/ multiple G-Calendar accounts to keep in touch with friends and family

and since palm and Research in Motion are head to head competitors i doubt you'll find software to make the two mesh well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 01:09 PM
    down load Google Sync, Google Sync for your phone to your phone & log in

log into your google account online and when you edit/add stuff on there it will show up on your phone wirelessly. and when you edit/add on your phone it will show up online wirelessly

and you can add /view only/ multiple G-Calendar accounts to keep in touch with friends and family

and since palm and Research in Motion are head to head competitors i doubt you'll find software to make the two mesh well.

Has google Perfected the desktop solution for Google Calendar?
    as a desktop user GCal is pretty useless for major management because of the need to be connected all the time I might as well just use the BB for that. a Good Desktop Solution is an Offline solution for use on planes, and in no service area's when your phone can't do it.
    08-31-10 01:21 PM
    Has google Perfected the desktop solution for Google Calendar?
    as a desktop user GCal is pretty useless for major management because of the need to be connected all the time I might as well just use the BB for that. a Good Desktop Solution is an Offline solution for use on planes, and in no service area's when your phone can't do it.
    Personally i use G-Cal exclusively, on all of my blackberries, my Android and my iPod Touch.. . But also keep in mind that when the phone is set to Auto Sync, as soon as you get signal back the information that was either created or edit on the phone or the web will automatically sync with one another.

08-31-10 01:25 PM
    Personally i use G-Cal exclusively, on all of my blackberries, my Android and my iPod Touch.. . But also keep in mind that when the phone is set to Auto Sync, as soon as you get signal back the information that was either created or edit on the phone or the web will automatically sync with one another.

But what about on the desktop? you ONLY have access to G-Cal when connect to the Internet then correct? that is my question, as a Multi Device Sync G-Cal is pretty good, I have minor complaints, but I do pay for Google Apps service because I do like what they have to offer me, but they still can't provide me with a Desktop product.
    08-31-10 01:29 PM
    But what about on the desktop? you ONLY have access to G-Cal when connect to the Internet then correct? that is my question, as a Multi Device Sync G-Cal is pretty good, I have minor complaints, but I do pay for Google Apps service because I do like what they have to offer me, but they still can't provide me with a Desktop product.
    I've yet to see an offline G-Cal Client.

08-31-10 01:30 PM
    I've yet to see an offline G-Cal Client.

I googled it
    View Google Calendar offline - Official Gmail Blog

no advancements since last time I looked in 2009 only able to VIEW G-Cal off line, can't Edit it.
    08-31-10 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD