iOS.
    It's not like there is a lot of choice when you really liked BB10.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:14 AM
    Enough of these threads, please close?
    06-25-14 05:24 AM
    Enough of these threads, please close?
    It's pretty clear, that BlackBerry is not making phones for consumers anymore. At least not in "developed" countries.

So threads like this one, even though formulated a little bit too extreme, haven't gotten a better raison d'etre since T.Heins wanted to sell the company.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:28 AM
    I have a question to everyone who said Android as a response:

BB10 is faaaaaaar more close to iOS and Android, in terms of "OS philosophy".

Why would anyone who truly enjoyed BB10, go to Android over iOS?
    Apart from a reactionary thought along the lines of : "damn the iToy!!!!! I'm not giving Crapple my money!!!!!"

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:32 AM
    I keep my Note 3 on standby. I've got it set how I like it with the apps I need. I use Mac but not keen on the latest changes to the phone and pad.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:53 AM
    If that day would sadly come, hopefully Ubuntu has something legit out.

If no Ubuntu, id probably go with Windows.

Posted via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    06-25-14 06:29 AM
    Assuming I could no longer use BlackBerry I would switch to my iPhone 5s (or iPhone 6) or a SGV (or Note 4) or finally get that Lumia 1520. I would want an established platform that has time and history behind it; a communication tool is far too important for me to take chances in what ii consider startups.

In other words, I would adapt.

But...since a Passport is on its way and since BIS is no longer a necessity, I will be using a Passport after September.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    06-25-14 06:32 AM
    Assuming I could no longer use BlackBerry I would switch to my iPhone 5s (or iPhone 6) or a SGV (or Note 4) or finally get that Lumia 1520. I would want an established platform that has time and history behind it; a communication tool is far too important for me to take chances in what ii consider startups.

In other words, I would adapt.

But...since a Passport is on its way and since BIS is no longer a necessity, I will be using a Passport after September.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    My company sadly made the switch to the iPhone. Or rather we will do, when the 6 hits (for the higher ranking employees. 5S for the rest).

Nobody from the decision makers wanted a PKB phone and apparently there are some apps on iOS I never heard of, but which we absolutely need....

As a tech aficionado, I kinda want that Passport though.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 07:03 AM
    Iphone 6.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 08:09 AM
    The point is that BlackBerry is burning money and if the next 3-4 Quarterly reports aren't showing some good numbers... BlackBerry will go down... and I'm curious who is switching to what OS if that happens... any questions dude?

C00121417
    3.1 b cash at 100-200m burn means 20 quarters or five years at current burn rates, assuming they can't even borrow money, sell any more assets, or do any additional bought deals. All the free BES licenses will have expired by then. BlackBerry isn't going down folks. It is possible that they get taken over though, and the new owner decides to kill bb10.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 08:22 AM
    Probably just grab an android, although I'd try and do more research into Tizen, or maybe even the Ubuntu phone when it launches (who knows when that is). I'd be majorly sad though if BlackBerry dies, but I don't think that will happen.

My thoughts on the other platforms Based solely on using them for a bit:

Iphone-toy.
    Android-disorganized, segmented flow on the phone.
    Windows-dont have much more experience then playing with a friends...can't say much.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 09:34 AM
    I'm a grab the blackberry code make it open source and develop on it and keep it a pirate anti-NSA OS designed to get on the nerves of our corrupt fuking government.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    flyingsolid likes this.
    06-25-14 09:51 AM
    Ubuntu.

I avoid everything Google like the plague.

iWon't.

I'd sooner hold on to my Z10 (would keep a few new batteries around for the future) and Passport (if/when I get one) and use them over WIFI only, while making calls over Skype from home than switch to either of the other two.

I like leaving my phone at home sometimes, and remember the days when cell phones weren't all pervasive. My previous phone was an LG slider used primarily for texting and rarely for the occasional phone call. I waited for BlackBerry to make a touch phone before migrating to such a platform.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 10:02 AM
    I would have to say Windows Phone would be my next choice if BlackBerry disappears.

Since I already use a Windows PC, it would be a good compliment to each other.

I just do not like the Nokia hardware as there is no option for physical keyboard and having a removable battery.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    06-25-14 10:03 AM
    I would have to say Windows Phone would be my next choice if BlackBerry disappears.

I just do not like the Nokia hardware as there is no option for physical keyboard and having a removable battery.

Well the physical KB is dead, so if BlackBerry stops, it'll be gone for good.

What I don't get is, why would you go to WP which also doesn't have apps, coming from BB10?
    It's like going from smoke to smother, in all honesty.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 10:18 AM

There are some Nokia with removable batteries. Other OEMs like Samsung and HTC also make Windows Phones if the Nokia hardware doesn't appeal to you.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk
    06-25-14 10:23 AM
    Well the physical KB is dead, so if BlackBerry stops, it'll be gone for good.

What I don't get is, why would you go to WP which also doesn't have apps, coming from BB10?
    It's like going from smoke to smother, in all honesty.

Posted via CB10
    Why WP? Security (gives BlackBerry a run for its money, there). Nokia cameras. More native apps than BB10. It's not Android or iOS. Integration with MS products and services. Nokia apps. More variety of devices at different price points.

I can think of lots of reasons.

flyingsolid and Witmen like this.
    06-25-14 10:27 AM
    Why WP? Security (gives BlackBerry a run for its money, there). Nokia cameras. More native apps than BB10. It's not Android or iOS. Integration with MS products and services. Nokia apps. More variety of devices at different price points.

I can think of lots of reasons.

Those reasons wouldn't nearly be enough for me, to go from one botched ecosystem to another, that's why I asked.

Seems as though I have different demands than you in that case.
    No way in hell I'd go from BB10 to WP, to just have the same problems again.

When you think that what MS provides is enough though, I do get your points.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 10:42 AM
    I'd go back to my Nokia 8890. Just a better all around phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 10:54 AM
    Waste of time. BlackBerry is hardly dead!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 12:15 PM
    I'd go back to Nokia/Windows. All my phones used to be Nokia, prior to buying my first BlackBerry (the Bold 9900).
    06-25-14 01:06 PM
    Waste of time. BlackBerry is hardly dead!

Posted via CB10
    They're also barely alive so it's a fair question.

I still enjoy Android so it wouldn't be a big deal to be.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-25-14 01:20 PM
    If money weren't an issue, then I'd go iOS. If money were an issue, I'd stay with windows phone or android

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    06-26-14 04:15 PM
    Ubuntu of course. Seems new OS and different from android and ios

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 04:29 PM
    Most likely go to a Windows phone
    06-26-14 10:16 PM
295 ... 9101112