This is from my girlfriend's phone - and given she has some weird apps/themes/add-ons installed on her phone...but I've checked pretty much everything and can't seem to be able to get rid of this notification icon - it kind of looks like a little e-mail icon, with a globe over the envelope etc -

But anyways, does anyone know what this is so I can get rid of it?

Battery has been dropped multiple times and other notifications cleared - nothing has worked thus far. It's on a Curve 9300.

My Bold 9900 doesn't have any phantom notifications though
    09-06-11 04:00 PM
    Here try this. Go to the first day in your messages folder and click "delete prior" also please show me screenshot too if it doesn't work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 04:12 PM
    I've seen that icon before and figured that was the icon you were going to be talking about when I read the title of the thread. I found out what it was for, but I forgot! HAHAHA sorry, im no help at all.
    09-06-11 04:26 PM
    You may want to just Mark All Prior read, instead of deleting them...
    09-06-11 04:30 PM
    os update? i know today i had an icon show up on my rogers 9800 to do an ota update to os 6.0.0.600
    09-06-11 04:32 PM
    You may want to just Mark All Prior read, instead of deleting them...
    Yea that's looks better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 04:35 PM
    Indeed, was a message from a long time ago - an automated thing from App World advertising the free app of the week or something. Marking all opened did the trick.

Weird, never seen that icon before! Thanks for the help guys.
    09-06-11 04:57 PM
    I just press "u" to see what it is exactly :P
    09-06-11 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD