CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    Zebra Ballpoint
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What is NDKDump?

I have many folders I've discovered showing up at the root directory of my memory card that are labeled NDKDump- followed by a string of numbers and containing a file called coredump.bin that is exactly 98mb in size. I bet there's almost a gig wasted in the number of these. Am I safe to delete these and why are they showing up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Moderator

NCDUMP

ncdump generates a text representation of a specified netCDF file on standard output. The text representation is in a form called CDL (‘‘network Common Data form Language’’) that can be viewed, edited, or serve as input to ncgen. ncgen is a companion program that can generate a binary netCDF file from a CDL file. Hence ncgen and ncdump can be used as inverses to transform the data representation between binary and text representations. See ncgen for a description of CDL and netCDF representations.

The question is, what is creating those files?

Banned

Global Posts
    3,088 Global Posts
    PIN
    32E87D6D

Quote Originally Posted by Reed McLay View Post
    NCDUMP

The question is, what is creating those files?

Wht does all that mean in layman's terms??? Is it something sinister?

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BitPusher2600 View Post
    I have many folders I've discovered showing up at the root directory of my memory card that are labeled NDKDump- followed by a string of numbers and containing a file called coredump.bin that is exactly 98mb in size. I bet there's almost a gig wasted in the number of these. Am I safe to delete these and why are they showing up?

That's the Blackberry making a "coredump" of its memory whenever the Webkit browser crashes