I currently use Neutron Music Player to handle the audio on my phone, but not extremely happy with. I find that it doesn't import songs over often and can be confusing to use. I would like to find one that also keeps the screen on when running so it's easy to use while driving. What do you guys use?
    11-25-14 01:24 PM
    I use Neutron, on my Z30 and my last remaining working Playbook.
    Yes, there is a learning curve to it, and the screen does stay on whilst playing the music.
    11-25-14 01:30 PM
    I currently use Neutron Music Player to handle the audio on my phone, but not extremely happy with. I find that it doesn't import songs over often and can be confusing to use. I would like to find one that also keeps the screen on when running so it's easy to use while driving. What do you guys use?
    I was thinking of getting Neutron but now feel a little dissuaded. The native player is stable and functional at a basic level but needs serious upgrading - I can't believe it hasn't been upgraded at all.
    11-25-14 01:37 PM
    and the screen does stay on whilst playing the music.
    You can turn that off in the settings, go to user interface, turn off wake lock.

I use neutron too
    11-25-14 01:47 PM
    Using it on my Z30 as well. Just don't find it to be so user friendly. And like i mentioned, I'm having trouble getting the songs from my native player onto Neutron...Besides Neutron, are there any other decent ones that you guys are aware of?
    11-25-14 01:56 PM
    Native

? Z10
    11-25-14 01:56 PM
    Neutron is awesome. I can't imagine not being happy with it (except maybe on the Passport due to the squish factor).

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 02:06 PM
    I used neutron but have gone back to the native as it's easier to use. Spent hours fiddling with the settings and never happy because what was right for one type of music wasn't right for another

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 02:11 PM
    Agree! That's my problem. I find myself spending way too much time with it and still can't fully figure it out...Is there a way to keep the screen open with the native player?
    11-25-14 02:29 PM
    Check out shuttle it is a free android one on snap. Pretty good

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 02:33 PM
    What are some other options besides the stock player and Neutron?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 05:38 PM
    I use the default player. That teamed with the volume rocker controls works really well in my car - I use the car's stereo settings for the equalizer.

I tried Neutron but keep coming back to the default because I don't want to spend the time messing with all the settings and adjustments. Just not worth it.

10.3 brings equalizer presets to the default music player.

I have 15gbs of music and 123 playlists and find the default music player works just fine for me.

emPowered by ?
    11-25-14 05:51 PM
    Do you have a way of keeping your screen on while the player is running? I can't seem to figure it out with the native player and that's very important to me when I'm listening to music on the road.
    11-25-14 05:55 PM
    Sadly, BlackBerry rushed things with BB10 and some basic features did not make it to the OS.

Case in point, a visualizer (that keeps the screen on while music is playing) or lockscreen controls while music is playing.

For now, you could try an app that keeps your screen on while the music app is on. I know it's not the ideal way but it could work until BlackBerry catches up. I've seen them in the app store.

The above features have been requested in the Beta Zone for awhile now. Personally I would like to see a visualizer added which offers a cool display while giving easy access to change the music up when needed. That, or at least the option to manually lock the device with a simple gesture or command - again keeping the device open for easy music changes, etc. at our choosing.

emPowered by ?
    11-25-14 06:08 PM
    Native and loving it.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    11-25-14 06:25 PM
    So i just discovered Meridian Player. You can get it on Snap. It's totally free and so far seems to be working very smooth...That option to keep the phone on is in their settings so it works for me. Will be using this one until something better presents itself.
    11-25-14 06:37 PM
    The one that came with my z10 works just fine for me

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    11-25-14 06:54 PM
    Yes. The one with the Z10 was great, I didn't even bother looking for another. But... the passport one is different and I didn't like it that much

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 06:57 PM
    Neutron is very good. I actually like the UI overall of the BB10 music player. I think it's well laid out and easy to use

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 07:11 PM
    Neutron here...
    And the default player occasionally.

No need for me to look any further, my needs are basic in that respect any pretty much covered. :-)

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    11-25-14 08:03 PM
    So maybe some of you that use Neutron can give me a hand...I installed the app. Now, what is the simplest method of getting my songs + playlists that i have on my native player into Neutron? When i first install it, it asks me if i want to find files "Automatic" or "Manual." If i select Automatic, it scans every possible file on my phone and doesn't work well. If i select Manual, then go to File System - SD - Music, it says "No directories inside." What am i doing wrong? All i want is my music and playlists from my native player to transfer over, simple!
    11-26-14 12:06 PM
    Stock.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 12:20 PM
    I use the native one but I hate it. I didn't care for neutron either. I really miss the bb6/bb7 music player. I loved how I could shuffle songs and if I come across an album I wanted to hear in full I could just hit the title and be on my way.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 12:55 PM
    ^ 1 +

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 01:07 PM
    Neutron player. Can't stand the native player. All my song s a re bundles together, there is no order. With Neutron the way you save it to your phone that's way you play them. I hit a particular folder and it will play all those songs on there. Native can't do that. It needs a major overhaul and update. Also Neutron sounds better and crisper. 64bit rendering.

Posted via CB10
    SethDove likes this.
    11-26-14 01:12 PM
36 12