Love the entusiasm of research in motion lately, it is so great to see the company working so hard to create such a valuable product. I have had my Iphone 3gs for about a year now and upon researching every bit of what is going into the Blackberry 10 it has come to the top of my list of phones to replace my iphone. I loved my iphone at first but there are so many things about it that really annoy me. One thing that I do like about the iphone is it's stable system, i haven't had any software problems with it since I have had it aside from when I jail broke it for a little while but I have had to fix software problems on a few of my friends blackberries that took several hours to correct for them to happen again a few weeks later. Things I don't like about it is mainly the battery life of it andit's tendancy to hang when on the internet, it has me running for a charge point after playing games for even a short time as well as it's screen rotation and the inability to run most web based java and applications. I'm sure if apple had taken time on their phone in the first place that they could have made everything in the iphone 5 in the first place.

What would make me want to buy the new blackberry would be great battery life, a very stable system and all the glitches ironed out, fast connectivity and easibilty of use. I don't care about whether it comes out at christmas time, in fact it would be better if it didn't because I have so much other stuff to buy for people that the estimated launch of march would be much better. I would rather wait a few months to buy the phone than to have it rushed just because it "needs to be out by christmas", I want a mobile device that is a masterpiece by every sense of the word and it seems as if the new blackberry is heading that way.

Keep up the good work and design the phone of my dreams and I will be in line at launch waiting for it.

I believe in you
    10-14-12 01:06 AM
    Firstly, welcome to the CrackBerry community.

I like you was an iPhone user for years. The thing i like the most is the same as yours, that its just a solid OS that doesn't require much care when using it. Whereas BBOS's Java base seems a little fragile? But when everything is as they should be, they do run quite well. Other than OS updates, I rarely have to reboot OS 7 devices. At least much less often than OS 5 devices.

I also have a PlayBook which was pretty robust. I have no recollection of it freezing and requiring a reboot. It feels like an OS that can take plenty of abuse. I think this is a testament to how robust BB10 might be. So far the leaks seems to be ticking all my boxes from what I need from a mobile device.

I would most likely get one at launch as well.

10-14-12 01:56 AM
    For me it will be having the pb issues gone in BB10 and the functionality of old BBOS including working great as a phone yet.
    10-14-12 05:56 AM
    i want everything on my BB6 plus some more.

Sent from my torchy Torch 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-14-12 06:04 AM
    Agreed, the iPhone and WP7 have set a high standard for OS stability that RIM HAS to meet in BB10. I think this is an issue that has drove people away from BlackBerry in the past, and a crash-tastic BB10 will kill RIM.
    10-14-12 06:17 AM
    I just want something modern. I so ready for a new experience from BB. BB10 can't come quick enough
    10-14-12 03:01 PM
    It is important to have a stable OS and good quality apps, not game apps, I don't really care for game apps. But they sure bring some good game app for those who like their game apps.
    10-14-12 04:54 PM
    Stable functioning little more beefy than OS7 and tight security. Like you would want for business and personal security. Please don't make BB10 a carbon copy of an apple.
    10-14-12 05:14 PM
    stable is important! but i think this hasbeen a priority for RIM also which is good to hear! in an interview didnt thor say he had a bb10 phone with him for months and it hadnt crashed the whole time!! (without turning it off or anything like that!! ) .. although we dont need thor to proove it tbh.. anyone with a playbook will know how good qnx is.. i literally dont turn mine off.. no problems at all.. no crashing nothing.. also, each application running in its own memory is really good!.. i think RIM has this sorted! cant wait for bb10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-14-12 05:27 PM
    I think if BB10 can deliver everything an Android phone can offer while maintaining BIS features, the whole market will turn upside down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-15-12 11:09 AM
    First and foremost, it needs to be stable. I don't want the OS to need to 'think about it' while I tell it to do something. It needs to happen right away, and it needs to be smooth, crisp and fast. Game apps will always be there, so I'm not concerned with them. I'm more interested in Apps that help me do things, give me information I need (be it GPS maps, finding something near by etc...) I don't care if I can do pottery on my BB10 like my brother does on his iphone4. I just need a good quality OS that is stable, smooth, with lots of built in toys. I want the OS itself to be fun to use, not just the apps that you can buy. From what I've seen, BB10 seems to have this. I will be one of the first in line to get a BB10.
    10-15-12 02:23 PM