Well first have a look at a dictionary definition of the word because I'm coming to the realisation that people don't really understand the word.

intuitive
    [in-too-i-tiv, -tyoo-]
    - adjective 1.perceiving by immediate insight, without deliberate analysis 2.perceived by, resulting from, or involving such insight 3.having or possessing such insight 4.able to be known or used effortlessly

Bearing that in mind, I would say something that you would think of doing naturally, as opposed to teaching yourself thats the way you have to do it.
    For example for me personally, I would say, swiping back across your screen is a natural way to want to go back to where you were before

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Doesn't get anymore intuitive than that
    08-31-13 09:57 AM
    Intuitive for a smartphone interface means you could grab 100 random people off the street, some of whom have used several smartphones before, others who may have only ever used one, and some who can barely manage a feature phone or don't even own a phone or computer, and when you hand them a device, they can figure out how to use it, with no instruction, in 60 seconds or less.

If "average" people need instructions of some kind in order to use your product, it isn't intuitive.

I remember back in 1984, playing with a brand new Macintosh computer. These were being sold to consumers (rather than business people, like most computers at the time), and for nearly all consumers, a mouse was a brand-new concept, as was a GUI, and Apple understood that this was NOT intuitive, so when you first turned on the Mac, it took you through an on-screen tutorial that explained what the mouse was, how it worked, and even explained what to do when you get to the edge of your table/mousepad and you still need the pointer to go further in that direction (you pick it up, move it over, and set it back down, then continue sliding the mouse). Without that tutorial, most people would have been lost, because, at that time, a mouse was NOT intuitive in a world where very computer was text-based and where the keyboard reigned supreme.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    08-31-13 01:44 PM
    Well.. more intuitive than typing 'localisation' (yes i'm french) to open gps settings it'd be difficult i think.
    But then again it works only with the greatest of all BB10 devices: the Q10 !!!
    More seriously, the instant actions are really fantastic! It would be even more awesome if we could create personal shortcuts to open directly an app or a setting!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 01:55 PM
    Never looked at the video. To me it was an instant match. You don't like it, and others don't either. That's cool. Stick with what's intuitive to you, but don't try and convince me this OS isn't a breeze to learn for many.
    I found BB10 a cinch to learn.
    08-31-13 03:01 PM
    Less steps or taps is not intuitive. Efficient maybe, but that doesn't equate to being intuitive. Take a PoS system in a bar or restaurant as an example. I've seen PoS systems designed to be used with the least amount of touches for placing food/drink orders. The servers and bartenders don't become fluent with it until over time they have memorized where every button and/or feature is located. However, PoS systems that are designed with organization in mind are much easier to use. Mainly because you don't have to memorize where to find everything. As long as you know the starting points, visual clues or a system of organization will guide the user to find anything he or she needs. More touches? Sure, but those added touches are nothing compared to time wasted looking for something of which the user has not memorized.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-31-13 04:43 PM
    Try attaching multiple pdfs to an email natively on iOS....Yea, not possible. Intuitively simple on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 02:47 AM
31 12