Just a simple question I want to be answered with your help, thanks forum

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 02:26 PM
    Thats a very subjective question.

using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive.
    What you find most intuitive someone else may find difficult to manage.
    kbz1960 and MasterOfBinary like this.
    08-30-13 02:56 PM
    Its a word that people can throw in smartphone reviews.

Love this phone! Its so intuitive!

That phone is horrible, not at all intuitive.

Its based on the reviewers opinion of what is intuitive.
    campbecw and FinancialP like this.
    08-30-13 03:30 PM
    If people weren't already so used to the way iOS works, then bb10 would seem very 'intuitive' but since people are now used to the 'home button' and fewer gestures, bb10 seems the opposite.

I think an intuitive OS is one where we end up navigating and doing things naturally instead of thinking bout our next step.

After using every OS significantly I think bb10 is definitely as intuitive as iOS if not more. However to an average customer iOS is still ahead by a lot.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 03:39 PM
    Thanks for the various answers, well swiping up and down going to point A to point B in the most natural/fast way without thinking to much is what makes an OS more intuitive. My date base is updated.

PS: So bb10 may be considered a very INTUITIVE OS right?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 04:11 PM
    Just a simple question I want to be answered with your help, thanks forum

Posted via CB10
    In the case of iOS, they label what the buttons do. No guess work.
    08-30-13 05:51 PM
    in�tu�i�tive
    /inˈt(y)o͞oitiv/
    adjective
    adjective: intuitive
    using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive.
    When someone says an OS is intuitive, it means the OS is easy to understand/use. It means you could use the device to its utmost capacity without ever looking at a video or an instruction manual.

Buttons are intuitive for the reason that the function is clearly visible and often labeled. A new user to iOS may not know what the Home button does; but, they will at least press it to try it out. Gestures are inherently unintuitive since they are often arbitrarily assigned and have nothing to do with their functions as well as not being labeled or visible.

Apple's "pinch to zoom" and Window's "swipe right" to go back are two rare examples of non-arbitrary gestures. Even then I would not consider either very intuitive.

P.S. A pet peeve of mine are all the OSes implementing "hold button for x milliseconds" for secondary function. People assume by default a button has 1 function! Not two! Not only is that; but it's slow. Also, swiping away to close something is annoying me too. It actually takes less effort just pressing a giant "X" button.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 08-30-13 at 06:29 PM.
    08-30-13 06:02 PM
    I do have to admit that BlackBerry 10 gestures are not as intuitive as they could be. It takes a little time to learn them. But once I did, I found myself trying to swipe around on my Nexus 7 and Note 2 (they don't wake up that way). I've seen several people state the same thing on other devices.

Once you learn how to use the gestures, it becomes second nature. I now prefer using my Z10, especially the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 10:35 PM
    No home button! I love that super unique OS, swiping up and right, up and down and left and right No other platforms can do that!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 11:13 PM
    No home button! I love that super unique OS, swiping up and right, up and down and left and right No other platforms can do that!!!

Posted via CB10
    Not entirely correct.
    08-30-13 11:21 PM
    If you don't have to read the user manual, it's intuitive.
    08-31-13 02:19 AM
    The phone is intuitive because of the flow. Just the way you flow between apps so elegantly is what makes it amazing. As with the iPhone you have a homebutton, there's no button for BB10. All it takes is a swipe left to right between the app grids. Turn it on and you're on the home screen, swipe left for the hub and right for the apps; Swipe down for the settings menu and flick it back up; select an app, swipe up to keep it active, and swipe right for another selection. BlackBerry Flow is what makes the phone intuitive. You really don't need a manual to work BB10 (just my opinion so back up with the bashing).

Posted via CB10
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    08-31-13 05:42 AM
    What's makes the bb10 experience intuitive for me is the fact that phone adapts to me as I to it, example I share pics from websites I browse with mates and as soon as I tap the share button it's already got my most used contacts (and sharing methods- some on BBM some on whatsapp) in a neat little grid, it's intuitive that the keyboard adapts and learns the way I type and the words I use (south African slangs - don't ask) and it's intuitive that every phone I happen to provide assistance to friends with I find myself swiping up to unlock. It just feels natural to me now.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 05:56 AM
    I would say what makes one more intuitive than another is ease of use and consistency of interface. I am not sure I would call BB10 intuitive per se, but I would call it very efficient at getting things done, and with a little learning it is very customisable. I think it is more sophisticated rather than more intuitive.
    08-31-13 06:31 AM
    Well first have a look at a dictionary definition of the word because I'm coming to the realisation that people don't really understand the word.

intuitive
    [in-too-i-tiv, -tyoo-]
    - adjective 1.perceiving by immediate insight, without deliberate analysis 2.perceived by, resulting from, or involving such insight 3.having or possessing such insight 4.able to be known or used effortlessly

Bearing that in mind, I would say something that you would think of doing naturally, as opposed to teaching yourself thats the way you have to do it.
    For example for me personally, I would say, swiping back across your screen is a natural way to want to go back to where you were before

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    raggdoll likes this.
    08-31-13 06:39 AM
    How many steps it takes to do simple things.

There will always be someone who can't or doesn't have the will to learn the basics. But overall, if most people can quickly grasp a mobile OS and continue to pick up new tricks and functionality with reasonable ease, then it is intuitive as far as I am concerned.
    08-31-13 06:43 AM
    What i found a killer feature: no need to swipe 10+ apps screens to find where is the app i need, i just type the first letters of it and it appears on the search screen that just popped up!
    That's really what i use every minute i have my Q10 in hands.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 06:43 AM
    If people weren't already so used to the way iOS works, then bb10 would seem very 'intuitive' but since people are now used to the 'home button' and fewer gestures, bb10 seems the opposite.

I think an intuitive OS is one where we end up navigating and doing things naturally instead of thinking bout our next step.

After using every OS significantly I think bb10 is definitely as uintuitive as iOS if not more. However to an average customer iOS is still ahead by a lot.

Posted via CB10
    basically if it takes you 5mins to find something that it takes most people 2mins to find on a normal phone your phone isnt intuitive

Crackbery with an outdated interface that has buried menus and limited control vs an android with full control and most things can be found in seconds and 2 or 3 clicks I can limit and control my data and background etc
    only way to control it on a z10 turn off data yes on older bb you can set limits on data usage but only with Bis but even then your talking about the server not the phone
    sorry buried menus and outdated interface = not very intuitive
    calling something as intuitive isnt going to get bbry anymore sales bbry must learn that they cant be the evil empire ala empire from starwars they cant tell the customer what they can or cannot do their sales have proved that many times over
    you cant tell your customers they must upgrade their software to support us the many versions of bbos like os 6 and os7 and bb10 now = fragmentation and even bes or you must use our phones to communicate with others
    not only did fb messenger and sskype and many other platforms proved that a im should never be limited to one platform but they can make a killing on being multiplatform

people dont want to spend time on an os that limits what they can do
    if buried menus = more control great but bbry doesnt but I can pick up an andriod or an iphone and just use it without learning the os
    thats the mindset that bbry must embrace in order to survive
    even a quick messenging phone has that ease of use why cant bbry?
    Last edited by Phi Nguyen; 08-31-13 at 08:06 AM.
    08-31-13 07:47 AM
    basically if it takes you 5mins to find something that it takes most people 2mins to find on a normal phone your phone isnt intuitive

Crackbery with an outdated interface that has buried menus and limited control vs an android with full control and most things can be found in seconds and 2 or 3 clicks I can limit and control my data and background etc
    only way to control it on a z10 turn off data yes on older bb you can set limits on data usage but only with Bis but even then your talking about the server not the phone
    sorry buried menus and outdated interface = not very intuitive
    calling something as intuitive isnt going to get bbry anymore sales bbry must learn that they cant be the evil empire ala empire from starwars they cant tell the customer what they can or cannot do their sales have proved that many times over

people dont want to spend time on an os that limits what they can do
    if buried menus = more control great but bbry doesnt but I can pick up an andriod or an iphone and just use it without learning the os
    thats the mindset that bbry must embrace in order to survive
    even a quick messenging phone has that ease of use why cant bbry?
    Like I said, it's all subjective. For me running a Z and rooted nook on Jellybean, I find navigating my Z much faster and more intuitive.
    08-31-13 08:05 AM
    Like I said, it's all subjective. For me running a Z and rooted nook on Jellybean, I find navigating my Z much faster and more intuitive.
    Did you pick up the phone and use it or did you have to spend 10mins watching a video to learn how?
    See what I mean?
    Ease of use has to be on thr first impression not 20mins later after the customer walks out with another phone and scratching their head wondering why bbry created such an aweful phone

their sales per quarter and current resale value of thrir "high end" phones are testament to that I returned my z10ne after using the arciac iinterface after 1 week I couldnt get my s4 on 2year contract fast enough after that
    Tell that to the seven thousand poor workers how intuitive their phones were
    08-31-13 08:08 AM
    Less steps to do the same things. Isn't that the direct definition of intuitive interfaces. I think personally the BB10 is definitely the most intuitive operating system just on the mere pros of the swipe into the hub and swipe to maneuver dynamics.

The Clo video is a must watch if you want to see how the BB10 platform is just more efficient, as it just describes in 10 minutes what I can't write in a short passage. Things like that do come through better in visual mediums. You need to see it to believe.
    08-31-13 08:11 AM
    Intuitive in this case I think refers to familiar. How many times has any OS made changes and everyone is all up in arms that it doesn't work like it use to? Most people hate change but change is what makes advances.
    Tre Lawrence and BigBadWulf like this.
    08-31-13 08:14 AM
    Less steps to do the same things. Isn't that the direct definition of intuitive interfaces. I think personally the BB10 is definitely the most intuitive operating system just on the mere pros of the swipe into the hub and swipe to maneuver dynamics.

The Clo video is a must watch if you want to see how the BB10 platform is just more efficient, as it just describes in 10 minutes what I can't write in a short passage. Things like that do come through better in visual mediums. You need to see it to believe.
    Already seen and so hss millions of others henc le why bbry sales are down I couldnt return my z10 fast enough and I still waited 2 werks for my s4 and im flying on it
    @the guy above me
    what changes has bbry done though?
    Othrr then unnatural controls? They are more akin to palm like writting then natural controls

They havent changed the interface you still have buried menus you still need to click multiple times to get into anything

on s4 I hear a beep I swipe down to see what it is
    hmm ok a msg I click on it voila I see the full msgand I can reply to it too
    08-31-13 08:17 AM
    Did you pick up the phone and use it or did you have to spend 10mins watching a video to learn how?
    See what I mean?
    Ease of use has to be on thr first impression not 20mins later after the customer walks out with another phone and scratching their head wondering why bbry created such an aweful phone

their sales per quarter and current resale value of thrir "high end" phones are testament to that I returned my z10ne after using the arciac iinterface after 1 week I couldnt get my s4 on 2year contract fast enough after that
    Tell that to the seven thousand poor workers how intuitive their phones were
    Never looked at the video. To me it was an instant match. You don't like it, and others don't either. That's cool. Stick with what's intuitive to you, but don't try and convince me this OS isn't a breeze to learn for many.
    kbz1960 and MasterOfBinary like this.
    08-31-13 09:30 AM
    My way of thinking about the intuitiveness of a device is ease of use by people of different ages and tech ability. To that end, a device that a six (6) year old grade schooler, a teen age high school student, an adult AND a grandmother using it for the first time can use effectively without too much difficulty or tutoring is intuitive. On that front, the iPhone wins the battle of pure intuitiveness out of the box.

Bear in mind this is in the immediate. What becomes intuitive after long term use is a different matter completely and that is where it become subjective for me.
    08-31-13 09:40 AM
31 12