I've always encountered and prompted by this question every time i want to get a new phone.
    jayesh_31 likes this.
    08-10-12 02:28 AM
    the name itself "Blackberry" makes it cool over other brands..
    08-10-12 03:09 AM
    I've honestly never been asked this question. :P
    I get asked "why use a BlackBerry?", or "Oh, a BlackBerry? Company phone?".

Oh, and by the way, it's "BlackBerry", not "Blackberry".

Welcome to CrackBerry!
    08-10-12 04:25 AM
    I've honestly never been asked this question. :P
    I get asked "why use a BlackBerry?", or "Oh, a BlackBerry? Company phone?".

Oh, and by the way, it's "BlackBerry", not "Blackberry".

Welcome to CrackBerry!
    It angers me when people say"Blackberry" instead of "BlackBerry" haha but yea the name is cool. They have sleek designs that aren't cheap cookie cutters like Android devices.
    08-10-12 07:03 AM
    The subjective perception of the person who owns it. Nothing more, nothing less.
    08-10-12 07:19 AM
    Amazinglygraceless just said it all in a perfect nutshell. I can tell you this; what makes it so d*mn cool is that it's mine and is my best friend.

Written from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-10-12 08:13 AM
    It's cool because it's everything I need in a phone, really.
    08-10-12 08:17 AM
    The fact that I use one. Exclusively.
    08-10-12 09:11 AM
    The fact that I use one. Exclusively.
    There ya have it. Nuff said.
    08-10-12 09:19 AM
    It shows that you are different, can think for yourself, and know what you want.........especially having one nowadays.
    Last edited by shemaree09; 08-10-12 at 09:24 AM.
    bigbmc26 and Mr_Comet like this.
    08-10-12 09:20 AM
    If it hasn't already, it will be so uncool to have a BB that it will then actually be cool to have one.

(That is, if you don't care about the glaring absences and crappy knockoffs in the app ecosystem.)
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-10-12 10:00 AM
    What is hip?.. tell me, tell me if you think you know...
    08-10-12 10:09 AM
    I don't buy to be cool, those day are gone. More mature & wiser so I buy what works well for me.
    08-10-12 10:31 AM
    BlackBerry, a device to do a certain amount of things with, you can keep in your pocket and it will usually not cause a mess. Blackberries on the other hand,easy to use, taste nice and will cause a mess if put in a pocket. They are about as cool as my Sony Ericsson C902. Which may be not as currant but is still quite cool. imho.
    Last edited by lewis71980; 08-10-12 at 10:34 AM.
    08-10-12 10:31 AM
    ..Steve.. and sledhead800 like this.
    08-10-12 10:37 AM
    You should see what people think of rim
    08-10-12 11:19 AM
    I think 2c left out the rest of that image. Users of each phone see themselves far differently than users of the others. That applies to BlackBerry users as well. I particularly like the Android user's view of an iPhone user.

FigureThisOut and jivegirl14 like this.
    08-10-12 11:29 AM
    a few years ago they were cool because of the qwerty keyboard.

Nowadays they're cool because they're reliable

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-10-12 11:31 AM
    cool? well. BB to me is affordable for a middle class worker in developing countries and the BIS plan is ok compared to other phones where you buy airtime or megabytes

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-10-12 12:17 PM
    One word, Notifier.

Email with the urgency of a pager has always been the uber-cool BlackBerry feature.
    In my consulting practice, I am frequently frustrated when I email a client, knowing fully well it may be hours before they get around to checking for messages. My workaround is to send them a follow up SMS: Check your mail.
    08-10-12 12:18 PM
    They all seem to run in roughly the same temperature range...

08-10-12 12:31 PM
    I have had an iphone, two android phones, a BlackBerry Curve, and now a BlackBerry Torch 9810.

I chose Blackberry because it seems the most compatible with me (if that makes any sense). As much as I love having the newest technology, I absolutely hate touchscreen keyboards. They slow down my typing. A BlackBerry has the best keyboard is the industry, there is no good debate to that. In fact, I once typed out an entire college level essay out on my BlackBerry in about 45 minutes on my way into school. There is no way I could have done that on any other phone. The led light allows you to see If you have a message, what type of message it is, and also if you have coverage or not. You can do all that by just looking at one light. Most BlackBerrys also have great battery life. I had issues with my torch when I first started using it but then I upgraded my OS and watched my usage a bit and noticed I could get a full day (8am-12am) out of it without issues. I used to complain about the lack of apps that BlackBerry has until one day while I was on Android I noticed that most of the apps that I actually use are on Blackberry and for those that aren't there are other apps that do the same thing. Another great feature I like is the ability to just slip it into it's case and the screen turns off. For a lazy person such as I, that is a great feature to have. I'll put it like this, if Blackberry was to fail and the NOC was to shutdown (causing all BlackBerrry phones to stop working) then I don't know what phone I would use, maybe an iphone but god how I hate apple.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-10-12 01:25 PM

rocking an antique is the new cool, didntcha know?

groovy man, dig it.
    08-10-12 03:16 PM
    You should see what people think of rim
    people think of rim as a big daddy.

I think 2c left out the rest of that image. Users of each phone see themselves far differently than users of the others. That applies to BlackBerry users as well. I particularly like the Android user's view of an iPhone user.

Click to view quoted image
    i got my signature from this picture, and after launch of bb10 i will upgrade it to
    " i am your grand father"
    08-10-12 03:41 PM
    Click to view quoted image

rocking an antique is the new cool, didntcha know?

groovy man, dig it.
    once a daddy is always a daddy

i am sorry if i have offended you android baby
    08-10-12 03:43 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD