04-22-08 03:36 PM
- I was carrying a cell phone, Sony Clie' and most times a digital camera.
I needed something that was all in one. With a husband, 3 kids and a grandson at home I'm the one that has to keep up everyone's schedule. Also I think my SIL was getting tired of me calling and asking her to check emails for me or look up something on the internet when I wasn't home.
I hate that I can't send MMS, stupid Sprint and I wish that BB had more free apps like Palm.04-16-08 11:29 AM
- My first cell phone was a Kyocera 2235 (2001-2003), eventually the battery would only last 5 minutes. Next I had a Kyocera Slider SE47 (2003-2006), again the battery went out about the same time I needed to renew my contract. Sticking with the slider theme, I then got an LGvx8500 1st gen chocolate phone (2006-2007). After about a year and a half, I couldn't stand that POS phone any more, so I upgraded to a smartphone. I chose the Pearl because it is the size I want and I heard good things about it, plus it had just come out on Verizon when I got it.
Last edited by Shooperman; 04-16-08 at 12:40 PM.04-16-08 12:31 PM
- i had a razr for two years and it was really worn down lol.
i noticed that i was ready for an upgrade and ATT was having a sale for three phones all under 100 for Valentines Day...i mean after rebate and stuff so i decded that my bf should buy me the phone as a valentines day present!.
I always wanted a blackberry but i could never afford one.
It has awesome features, it helps me stay organized, and i wanted a nice phone!
The deal worked out great for me!
I am still waiting on the rebate but ATT sent me a msg this morning that it is processing.
So yea there is my story
oh and btw, this is my 100th post!!!!
Last edited by procrastinator86; 04-16-08 at 01:26 PM. Reason: ima crackberry ABUSER!04-16-08 01:25 PM
- Well, one day, my dad bought a 8703e. He had no use for his 7250. He gave it to me, next day, I went to Verizon, and I activated it. It was amazing!!!!!! 6 months later it crashed. Went w/out a BB for a month. Then my Dad got some discount from Verizon, and got me the 8830. He loved his 8703e, so he was nice enough to use the discount on me. Then I showed him all the sick things the 8830 can do. The next day he went out an bought himself one.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-17-08 10:24 AM
- Well, the most recent phone that I'd used was a Samsung Blackjack and it runs WM6 (flashed the ROM myself). One of my friends at work is using a Pearl and I was always wondering what's all the fuzz about.. so went out and got myself a Curve. Now that I have one, don't think I'll ever go back to those other brands again. lol04-21-08 10:26 PM
- I had a Cingular 8525. The battery life sucked and I kept having problems with the device switching from types of coverage, edge to 3g and so on. So in certain areas, I couldn't send or receive phone calls.
Tech support and myself tried everything till finally they switched me to customer service and a nice woman said" We think you have had enough problems with that phone, so lets find you another one!"
She asked me if I was near a computer so I could go online and browse the Cingular website. I got on line and we went through all the different phones, which she was very knowledgeable. I had heard about the Blackberry through co-workers, but never really thought about it since I was really into windows media. She suggested the then brand new 8800 and advised me it would do what I needed it to do.
I haven't looked back since.04-21-08 10:37 PM
- Had a Treo 700 wx with Verizon. It was an absolute unreliable piece of junk!!! Within 6 months I had 2 of them....(replaced by Verizon as defective phones). I got mad a Verizon because they just wanted to keep replacing it with the same model. They were going to give me a 3rd and I told them I didn't want that same model because it was junk and if they weren't going to give me a reliable phone/pda that I was going to switch carriers. Needless to say, I'm now an AT&T customer with a great RELIABLE BB Curve04-21-08 10:45 PM
- I am a Senior Business Manager at a Hi-tech Services Company and I'm the most unorganized business manager you could find. Organizational skills come with age I guess, and since I am only 27.... well you know... I'm brilliant at flashes though and I've had every other smartphone out there and tried organizing my business stuff. Nothing has worked.
I am gonna get a BB 8820 or a BB Curve 8320 soon and I know I'll be very happy with either of these. After being on CB for 2 weeks, I almost feel like I own the phone. How addictive!!04-22-08 05:38 AM
- i was on windows mobile pro and symbian for ever and i am still a big fan , but i had to get a blackberry from my work and it was like to rediscover a phone. No bugs anymore , very quicks interface, email , sms etc... I simply become addict Can t go back other than blacberry now04-22-08 12:45 PM
- I have been with Windows Mobile for years and actually I still am until the Curve is released for Sprint. I have a had a work Blackberry the last three years and have always loved the intuitive, quick, bug free design. I use to think that there were no third party apps f or Blackberry but that thought was blow out of the water after being here at crackberry for 10 minutes.04-22-08 01:02 PM
- I'm new to BlackBerry and I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner. I used every phone you can imagine through every major carrier since 1990. Before I joined the BB nation I was using three phones switching every couple of days between the Samsung Sync, LG Shine, and Motorola RAZR2 V9. The ease of use and professionalism of the Curve is amazing. I've only had it a month and there was a slight learning curve, but by the second day I was hooked. I use to hate to send texts and now I can't wait to send SMS, MMS, and emails. My thumbs are cussing me out along with my lady. I'm touching my phone more than I touch her04-22-08 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD