Hey all, I'm a new bb user. I made the switch from the moto Q. I'm not sure I'm happy or not about the switch. My bb is great b/c its gives me thing I like such as push email, AIM, and way longer battery life. However by switching I lost things like my media player, custome ringtone (which I was so upset about when I found out my bb doesn't have). I also missed mu expanded memory slot. I know my bb is not the most up to date, but I refuse to pay sprint $650 (still under contract) for the newest one.Overall I'm pretty happy with my bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-07 12:08 AM
    I was going to say, all the things that you are missing about the Q, are found on the newer BB's.
    10-30-07 07:01 AM
    Started with an 8525 in June because, like Bla1ze, I work for AT&T and didn't wanna be promoting the product to others with a VZW phone in my pocket, LOL! The 8525 was great (got it free!) and liked chopping it up to my liking.

A coworker ordered a BB Pearl and I played with it for a bit... and thought it was a POS. She agreed and sent it back for an 8525. But then another coworker traded in his 8525 for the 8310. As soon as I put my hands on it I knew that I had to have one. Activated it yesterday and haven't looked back.

Man, I'm glad that I got it in Crimson!
    10-30-07 03:36 PM
    i worked for sprint as a sales rep. they wouldnt give me a good deal on a treo. so i had the flippin razr! i hated it but it was the best handset model they had. i recently started working for Cellcom. a small cellular company that pays better and i was able to get the bb 8703e for $50 thanks to my employee program. IM IN LOVE!!! qwerty runs my life now.
    10-30-07 03:54 PM
    I used to have a T-Mobile DASH and after having it replaced 3 times for the same constant SIM failure and reboot issues, I've decided on a BB 8700G. I'll upgrade to the Curve soon since its a much sleeker device, but so far so good!
    11-10-07 10:36 PM
    only 30 bucks for unlimited EV-DO? I just had to get the phone !
    11-12-07 01:22 AM
    I had the PPC 6700 by Sprint and I will say that is the worst phone I ever owned. The phone sucked the battery down. I had problems with the phone freezing up or the screen would blink constantly for no reason. It turned itself off all thetime or dialed people when it wanted I think the darn thing is possessed! My husband just lost his phone yesterday and he took that one (haha) his problem now till he replaces his again. He wants a BB but he is not ready for one. He doesn't really take care of his phones.
    11-12-07 09:07 AM
    I got a BB because I love having the new phones and BB is like the phone of all phones. It has all the features that I want and need on a phone. Like the e-mail and internet and the mp3 I could go on for days but you guys know what I mean. But from now on I'm not getting anything that's not a BB
    11-12-07 09:22 AM
    I was actually PDA-less for a few years. I began with the original Palm products back in '97. Due to a career change, and an epiphany of sorts , I decide to purchase a BB. Definetly one of the better decisions I've made. I'm still working with a BB 7250 (workhorse) , but like my nana always said - " if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    11-12-07 09:58 AM
    Before I was using a Samsung Blackjack with AT&T and my girlfriend was using the AT&T 8525, and at first we both loved our phones. They were toys, so of course we loved them. Never the less, her 8525 started giving her trouble, and every time it did. She'd revert back to the same old quote. "I wish I didn't get rid of my Pearl!"

Yup, she had a Pearl with T-Mobile before we got together and made the switch. So, eventually, my Blackjack which was, as I look back, the worst investment ever. The only good thing about that phone was it's shell design. I dropped that thing a million times, and it still looks brand new. The squareness and thinness was sweet too. But, still, I had so many issues with it.

One day, we sat down and decided it'd be cheaper to switch to T-Mobile. Just a few days before, SHE washed my blackjack. I was so upset. Later though, I purchased an 8800 on Ebay, and as soon as it arrived, I whipped it out, and plugged it up to charge. Anxiously, I waited.

Once it was charged and I began to play with it, it was wonderful. Although I was still on AT&T. As soon as I got my T-Mobile SIM card, I switched them out and it was awesome.

I looked over at my girlfriend, and I said "You know. I'm so glad you washed my Blackjack."

And from there, it started. She purchased the Curve, and received a Pearl for 99 cents which she gave to her sister.
    The addiction has begun, and rehab isn't in the question.
    I have a feeling I'm going to be holding onto this 8800 for a very long time.

This is longer than I expected.
    Oops.
    11-12-07 10:36 AM
    I was a palm/treo user for years. I had gotten the 650 and thought it was great...at first.

Then I kept having issues with them. Missed txt's and calls, bluetooth issues, rebooting constantly. Most unstable phone I've ever owned. After going through 4 of them, I decided enough was enough. I bought an old 7250 off of ebay for $40, and the thing was rock solid for an entire month.

I was so impressed at the stability (and email delivery) that I bought an 8703 off of ebay and am still using it now. I do miss MMS messages (no thanks to verizon) and the chat-like display of an SMS conversation with people, but I can live without for a device thats solid and WORKS.
    11-12-07 10:52 AM
    I've had several phones with the Windows Mobile OS the latest being a Treo 700w. I hated everyone of them. I spent more time restarting the system than doing anything else and there was always issues with the email. I love my Blackberries!!
    11-12-07 12:51 PM
    After having the sidekick for over 4years, when I purchased the sidekickLX I realized that I needed something new & different. So instead of ordering another ppc, I thought I should order the BB Curve to find out what the addiction was about. Now I must say I might as well have my BB glued to my hand
    11-12-07 03:34 PM
    Last year, april 2006 i had a motorola v551, and it was cool and all but everyone wasy getting the sk2 so i was like i'ma find somethin thats killin that. lol, so i seen the bb 8700c with cingular n i instantly fell in love. I bought it...$375, i was a senior n high school ballin, n my teachers couldnt tell me nothing! LOL, every student was hating on me and my phone was better than all of theirs. Not just to make them look bad but i really loved my phone. Like I emailed n instant messaged n texted all day my senior year of high school. forget senioritis i had blackberryitis. my parents tried to keep me from it one day n i snapped, lmao.
    but i had the 8700c for a whole year without any problems. but i saw the curve n i decided it was time for an upgrade, and plus cingular was pissin me off!! LOL, t mobile is so nice.....and when they mess up all u gotta do is ask for an incintive and the gave it to me,
    but i wouldnt never get a different phone. i'm n love, and my phone is the Sugar Honey Ice Tea!! lol
    11-12-07 03:45 PM
    uh..... I had a treo....GOSH...
    but seriously...that thing was so unreliable and slow. you couldnt do anthing quickly (dial a phone number for instance) without sending it into perpetual freeze mode and lock down...the stylus to reset the device (of course under the battery stupid...) was just stupid... I almost blasted that thing through a brick wall at least a dozen times...

anytime i had to switch applications and do something else...it froze or took five minutes to catch up or needed to be reset. it was just a piece of junk... and it was too big...and it didnt hold a charge...and it didnt sync very well...

and then...one day...I saw a blackberry. I think it was my sisters 87XX. and i was like wow...a stable platform whats that? then..I saw a pearl...shhwiinnggg... must have...daddy want one....that was like a year ago and i have been coveting it since (and praying for verizon to release it....)

and then...yay... my prayers were answered.. and now i have had it for a week...and it was love at first sight...
    you can have it when you pry it from my cold dead hands and all that..
    -db

nuff said...
    Last edited by daddybear; 11-12-07 at 04:31 PM. Reason: too much information in my head
    11-12-07 04:23 PM
    I was looking for that all in one device and was leaning treo but in talking to BB users they were fanatical and thought I would try it. I love my pearl and I don't plan on leaving BBs.

11-12-07 05:46 PM
    I'm getting one soon...I've been using Samsung D307 for almost 2 yrs now..time for a new phone..Narrowed down to Iphone and BB 8310. tried Iphone...but the touch screen keyboard was not a big hit for me..Samsung D307 pretty much got me addicted to the full QWERTY keyboard. That left me with BB 8310.

I was sold to the very idea of an "all-in-one" device.
    1. Phone
    2. Camera
    3. E-mail capability with PUSH technology
    4. Internet access
    5. Built-in GPS
    6. Navigation maps
    7. Lightweight, small Size and the cool looks (crimson )
    [ Even without the Wi-Fi, I still can access internet and check mails..so lack of Wi-Fi didn't bother me much. ]

All you need to remember is to pick your BB 8310 and you are armed with all that you need to get through your day.
    11-20-07 03:16 PM
    Im a tech freak and always love the latest gadgets. My last few phones have been Sony Ericsson because I beleive when it comes to phones, they are simply hands down the best and have AMAZING features and allow me to customize just about everything on it. Plus they come with cool software for free like video editing and Music ID and face warping, and FM radios. The last one was the w850I which was an import phone from overseas that stores here in the USA didnt carry. It was a great phone but my contract was up and even though it hasnt been a whole year, I thought I better take advantage of renewing my contract and get something new. I wanted a better internet experience as well as be able to access my personal email easier and use all the functions of it and be able to text faster so I wanted a QWERTY keyboard. I was thinking of making the jump to Verizon for the Voyager, but did not want to spend over $200 on a phone after paying close to $400 for my last sony last winter. I get amazing discounts through work and found the curve and was able to get it for free! So Im digging it so far, but Im a bit dissapointed in missing some of the cool fun and free features of my Sony. Also, the battery life on this Curve is nothing compared to the Sony. I still love the Curve, but Im trying to find software to bring it up to par with the Sony. I really love to ramble, I know.

One downer is I wish I had access to yuotube like the Iphones do. =(
    11-23-07 09:50 AM
    I had a cell phone and a Palm PDA. I kept forgetting to charge the PDA... I was so unorganized.... I knew I wanted/needed an all in one (so I could everything could be charged and current). I looked at the Treo (since I was already used to a Palm) but did not really want such a big brick. Looked at some of the BBs and they were big as well. Then, I saw the Pearl and have been generally happy since.
    11-25-07 01:38 AM
    Well back in september I decided to upgrade from a samsung sync *pos* because I wanted a more reliable phone. I did a lot of research and I wanted a smartphone and at first I wanted a flip phone which I went with a nokia n75. Well after a week the n75 was shutting off because it was overheating and I returned the phone when it shutoff 3x in an hour! Went to a razr2 v9 and that was a horrible experience! After 2x v9s my friend let me check out his curve and I also checked out the pearl! I did not like the kb on the pearl but I did like the curve! I walked out with a curve and never looked back!

Charlie

11-25-07 03:19 AM
    I'm on my third Blackberry...I stuck with them because they are the most RUGGED and RELIABLE device of their type. Mine have taken countless falls and thousands of bumps and never let me down. I worked in 110 degree summer temps and -20 degree winter temps with my handhelds and they never quit working.. My current 7250 is so beat up you would swear it's inoperable but it still performs like new. RIM ROCKS !!!!!!
    11-25-07 07:41 AM
    Well, one day, my dad bought a 8703e. He had no use for his 7250. He gave it to me, next day, I went to Verizon, and I activated it. It was amazing!!!!!! 6 months later it crashed. Went w/out a BB for a month. Then my Dad got some discount from Verizon, and got me the 8830. He loved his 8703e, so he was nice enough to use the discount on me. Then I showed him all the sick things the 8830 can do. The next day he went out an bought himself one.

11-25-07 09:11 AM
    Curiosity more than anything. . . .

I'd been to a few meetings where people had them (mostly pearls & one 8800) and when it came time to upgrade my contract I took the 8800 (gotta love free contract upgrades!!) and I haven't looked back since!
    11-26-07 07:00 AM
    I had Cingular and it stunk. I switched to US Cellular and they were running a special on the 8703e. I loved it and my husband liked it so much he went out and bought an 8830. We have no regrets with changing carriers or purchasing a Blackberry.
    11-29-07 07:36 PM
    Prior to having a BB, I had a SK3. It was a little too young for me and I couldn't get much use out of it for my business.
    11-29-07 08:15 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD