I'm on the phone non stop during the day. I can not wait for my call to end for emails to come flooding through. I need them immediately. In the last 4 months, my customers have gotten used to my immediate response due to 3G's ability to push emails through while I'm on the phone. So, what did people do before 3G? Carry two blackberrys? Or the unbelievable...wait for the call to end?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 08:56 AM
    It's a retrospective view. Before 3G people never imagined it would be possible to get emails while they were on a call so they wouldn't have expected it.

Once you've had something and got used to it it's difficult to imagine not being without it but if you've never had it you'll never miss it.
    08-30-09 09:09 AM
    Its the one thing that prevents me from switching back to Verizon. I am now depending on receiving emails/ data during my phone calls.

08-31-09 12:12 AM
    Yea Verizon users still cant receive any form of DATA while on the phone, so I guess this helped out a lot of GSM people.
    08-31-09 12:14 AM
    I used to bang the rocks together but then I AM older then dirt.

08-31-09 12:33 AM
    I think the OP is confusing "3G" with GSM versus CDMA
    08-31-09 12:38 AM
    With wifi coming on CDMA bb in the future, you think it will work like GSM? Emails come in through wifi while the call continues through the cell network?
    08-31-09 12:40 AM
    I can't see writing an email while on a call if either one of those is work related. It takes so much concentration to do my job most of the time I just have to sit and think about it.

Otherwise, I reply to my emails when I feel like it.

08-31-09 01:47 AM
    Before 3g we had fewer dropped calls and more people paying attention to the person calling instead of the email that could wait till after the call was over. Advancements in rudeness abound...lol
    08-31-09 02:10 AM
    I hear all of ya. But my main focus here, just to clarify, is monitoring my inbound customer requests as I am speaking to another customer, or employee. My response to these emails is not needed as I'm speaking. But is easy enough using a 3 letter code I plugged into Auto Text. Gotta love Auto Text. All I have to do is let the customer know I received the email and I'm done. If I had to wait for a 30 minute call to end, that's 30 minutes more than my customers want to wait these days.

09-02-09 09:21 PM
    Definitely wish I had the ability for simultaneous voice and data on Verizon. Often on my phone and wishing I could forward a message to a coworker or customer to discuss immediately. Or receive and review a message while on the phone with that sender to discuss.

To the OP - you make your statement like it's the standard. Remember that your Bold is the ONLY BlackBerry that can perform voice and data at the same time, so it's not like you're in the majority with that capability.
    09-02-09 09:34 PM
    Wow, I thought all blackberrys on GSM networks (att, t mobile) have this capability..doesn't the att curve have this capability?

09-17-09 07:55 PM
    Bold was the first GSM to do so, and the non-gsm variants don't do it either.
    09-17-09 08:00 PM
    I used to bang the rocks together but then I AM older then dirt.

LMAO!

I never really noticed, I guess. None of my salesmen cared when I got back to them, just as long as I got back to them.
    09-17-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD