I've been seeing a lot more people than usual on the forums talking about their work issued BlackBerry and it's made me wonder, what job do you have that makes it necessary or convenient to use a BlackBerry device? Is it legacy or 10 series, and how does it help you in your job? Just been very curious haha
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-17-14 08:36 AM
    Parent of 3 children. Helps keep me organized.

Z10 on Telus
    04-17-14 08:51 AM
    Supervisor at a big box store. Helps with communication among the team and planning(email, calendar, browser, doc editing).

Not work issued and there are only two of us that have BlackBerry Phones still. The rest are all android and iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and Soul_Est like this.
    04-17-14 09:04 AM
    I'm a Construction Manager,
    I review and update excel spreadsheets, email, create memos in word, talk on the phone, text, review drawing files with the built in cad viewer....Oh wait, the last one hasn't happened yet. Hint hint
    View drawing files in a third party app.
    Schedule events, do complex calculations, make lists, refer to building code PDF files, source trades, products, alternative methodologies, client presentations, sketch ideas, and much, much more.
    I also use my Playbook as well, to perform a lot of these functions except anything that needs to be typed, cause flickin' is faster.

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    04-17-14 09:19 AM
    Contractor / business owner. Pretty much everything previous poster listed. I had a gs3 and iPhone 4s for short periods and wow, couldn't even consider managing all the different types of files and organization tasks that my zed handles. Btw, I convert cad files to either jpeg or pdf so I can have them viewable on my zed, but a cad viewer would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    acovey, seluje and Soul_Est like this.
    04-17-14 09:34 AM
    Financial planner.

Emails. Bloomberg. Calendar. Adobe reader. Doc to go. Remember.
    ^^ these are the apps I CONSTANTLY use to monitor my clients investments and to do projections and presentations.
    *hint = when using ppt files for presentation via micro hdmi on a projector, press and hold screen anywhere on screen until vibrate and voila, a red dot that follows your finger appears on the screen. More or less like a pointer.

Subway surfer. NFS MW. Music.
    ^^ to keep me sane after a long day.

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    04-17-14 09:53 AM
    Contractor / business owner. Pretty much everything previous poster listed. I had a gs3 and iPhone 4s for short periods and wow, couldn't even consider managing all the different types of files and organization tasks that my zed handles. Btw, I convert cad files to either jpeg or pdf so I can have them viewable on my zed, but a cad viewer would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    Autocad 360 from Snap works okay. Would be nice to have native.

Blacklatino and Soul_Est like this.
    04-17-14 10:58 AM
    My new company is a BlackBerry shop got like 150 employees and I've seen like 70 so far. Best part of all this is byod so it's actually choice, live in calgary Alberta.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    04-17-14 11:03 AM
    My new company is a BlackBerry shop got like 150 employees and I've seen like 70 so far. Best part of all this is byod so it's actually choice, live in calgary Alberta.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    That's so awesome to hear!

04-17-14 11:09 AM
    I build databases and run social media for a local company in my city. My BB helps me keep connected to all my accounts in one swipe, I got my boss whom has a samsung to dload bbm so we can keep in touch a lot easier. Editing excel directly from the phone is handy. Making pdf's as well is very easy to do and sending out files with thousands of contacts on them is a snap. The calander app when I make appointments and then email it to her automatically populates into her sammy and her iPad which she said doesnt work from her samsung to her iad and couldn't believe just how easy and concise it was for me to do. I said it wasnt me but the ease of use that is BB10. I'll convert her yet.
    04-17-14 11:10 AM
    I don't work. My BlackBerry does everything for me

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 11:12 AM
    I'm a Construction Manager,
    I review and update excel spreadsheets, email, create memos in word, talk on the phone, text, review drawing files with the built in cad viewer....Oh wait, the last one hasn't happened yet. Hint hint
    View drawing files in a third party app.
    Schedule events, do complex calculations, make lists, refer to building code PDF files, source trades, products, alternative methodologies, client presentations, sketch ideas, and much, much more.
    I also use my Playbook as well, to perform a lot of these functions except anything that needs to be typed, cause flickin' is faster.

Get the other you work with on BBM and get them used to using Glympse to show when they are on the way to a job. my boss loves that feature for when it is meeting time. I just tap and send to her and she can see me driving to where we are to meet that day. We do meet in different spots in my city.
    rotorwrench and Soul_Est like this.
    04-17-14 11:13 AM
    Hmmm... I sell wines, and with my BB�s i get the email, the calls, the text, all for doing the job, asap.
    KDB84 and Blacklatino like this.
    04-17-14 11:15 AM
    I send/receive about 30 messages an hour between 9am and 5pm.

Having sms/bbm/email all in the same place helps me respond quicker. I don't have to go in and out of apps.

In one short elevator ride, I can reply to 5 people.

This can't be done by people launching secure workspaces, then launching an email app.

BB10 on BES10. There's nothing even close to it.

Also I like the super fast multitasking. It takes a second to check my stocks, etc..

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 11:22 AM
    I work for a large company and we have BES. So I can access email, calendar, Enterprise IM, intranet and to do's. Also, the browser works with all the internal web sites. Also have a BES provisioned PlayBook. Does much the same. Our enterprise implementations of IOS and Android are not as robust.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 11:25 AM
    I am a software developer mainly sitting in office. But I can't miss occasional important messages.

My other part time job is to hang out CrackBerry to read great stories like ones in this thread. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 and Soul_Est like this.
    04-17-14 11:32 AM

In one short elevator ride, I can reply to 5 people.

This can't be done by people launching secure workspaces, then launching an email app.
    Great point. That is very annoying for me using the Good (not so great) client.

If our company isn't supporting BES10 or 12 jn production by the end of this year, I might ask for a 9930 just because of this.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    04-17-14 11:42 AM
    I work at a law firm that is BYOD. Everyone else has iPhones or Galaxies but I still use a BlackBerry. Great email, calendar, contacts, multitasking, and removable battery so I don't have to worry running out while out of the office. No problems reviewing docs on either my Z10 or Q10 and I love how the hub works (as well as how great BlackBerry is with email attachments).

Q10: SQN 100-5 v. 10.2.1.2102
    04-17-14 11:43 AM
    Yacht Charter company. I can do 80% of my business just with my BBY .

Sent from my Z 30
    Soul_Est likes this.
    04-17-14 11:44 AM
    Medical student
    The biggest thing I love and use most (other than the memo pad) on my 9300 is being able to delete messages by date (delete prior) without having to go through each conversation and risk deleting the whole thread. I can't remember if android could do that.
    Other than text and calls, I usually use my 9300 for taking pics of slides through a microscope and some gross specimen (crappy but at least it works), event reminders, and taking notes (typed and voice recording). I've definitely abused the memo pad.
    I feel like I'm severely under using my BB...

Also, with the great battery life, I don't have to waste my time sticking to walls and making sure I got a charger with me. Not a day goes by that I don't see a classmate stranded in the classroom charging their iphones or asking who brought a charger with them. I get some free time to go out and get a decent meal or something while they're stuck in the room watching over their charging phone.
    04-17-14 12:28 PM
    I'm in the military so I don't need too use my phone for all these fancy tasks lol. I just use my Q10 in the way it excels, communicating with my wife when I'm away (which is most of the time lately). I use it for the odd electrical project when I need to.

Posted via CB10
    Soul_Est likes this.
    04-17-14 12:41 PM
    I'm a Technical Account Manager for a large company, and when I'm not at my desk, I can literally do everything on the move with my Z30. Even while walking to a meeting, I can send/receive emails with flick typing very quickly and efficiently, I receive calls from clients and internal staff, check my calendar for upcoming meetings and calls I may have. When I leave work for the day, I am basically on call for my clients, so I can monitor emails, reply when appropriate, do conference calls etc.. I never need to bring a laptop around with me, because I can literally do EVERYTHING in my job through my Z30. It is a vital tool I use literally every single day. It keeps me connected and organized. When I'm not using it for work, I'm BBM'ing with my family, my girlfriend, sending Glympse messages so people know when I will arrive at their home, I'll read the news using Blaq (I use Blaq to follow News), surf the web and when bored, I'll play some games, I use it as my primary camera/video camera, share pictures using BBM and Dropbox, upload pictures to facebook for family abroad. I have downloaded movies and watched them on my big TV using the HDMI cable and my son uses it often to play games and watch Netflix as well. I keep a personal and work calendar, and keep everything in there. I use it for GPS when going places (i.e. went to NYC last week and used it to walk around the city and find places to go). I don't know what I'd do without my Z30. The huge screen, awesome sound and the amazing OS makes it the perfect device for me.
    Last edited by Berry-cracked-up; 04-17-14 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    04-17-14 02:30 PM
    Department of Homeland Security and it's all about security and separate profiles here.

Want to know if they're lying to you? Join our channel at C002EFE5D to learn how to become a human lie-detector!
    Blacklatino and stlabrat like this.
    04-17-14 02:30 PM
    I'm a Project Manager at a Soils/Environmental Consulting Company. It helps me communicate with the field staff, senior staff, suppliers and clients (SMS, BBM, Email), review and edit excel spreadsheets, review PDF's, great for photos and notes, calendar items (scheduling and coordination of work), removable battery, etc. etc. etc. and my absolute favourite, accessing our servers remotely while out of the office.

Oh and a direct line to my 38-weeks pregnant wife on BBM.
    04-17-14 02:54 PM
    I am currently a Finance student graduating at the end of this year. I use my Q10 to read all my emails first thing in the morning. I communicate with group members via email and BBM. My BB keeps me organised is so many different ways. I record all key events in the calendar like interview dates and exam dates. Calendar always keeps me posted on peoples birthdays because it is synced with Facebook. Whenever I book a ticket, the information automatically syncs with BlackBerry Travel. I am able to read and edit documents with Docs to go. Also occasionally list things to sell on the ebay android port.

At times I don't have my laptop handy do I use bridge and use my Q10 as a keyboard to type up work.

My Daily apps are: BBM, Bloomberg, Igrann, ebay, CB10
    Occasional: Linkedin, Adobe reader, Holy Bible, Docs to go

I will be starting work this summer at a Big Four professional services company so I expect to see many more uses for my BB come up.
    Blacklatino, stlabrat and Soul_Est like this.
    04-17-14 02:58 PM
112 123 ...