Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree36Likes
  • 1 Post By jinxednuance
  • 2 Post By enb123
  • 1 Post By bitek
  • 7 Post By m1a1mg
  • 1 Post By jinxednuance
  • 1 Post By Couver81
  • 3 Post By m1a1mg
  • 2 Post By Frosty_Power
  • 2 Post By fernandez21
  • 3 Post By qbnkelt
  • 1 Post By vespajet
  • 1 Post By antheauxny
  • 7 Post By shaleem
  • 1 Post By chipclipsix
  • 1 Post By mikeo007
  • 1 Post By wuulfy
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What are the iPhone fans saying about BB 10? Read...

Most of the reviews/opinions that you read here are going to be biased and for a reason. We all love BlackBerry 10.

However, I went on MacRumors.com to see if they actually wrote anything about BlackBerry 10, and they did. Of course, not wanting to read the comments as I thought it would be nothing but bashing. To my surprise, there were positive comments, not just a couple, but a lot more than what I had expected.

Check out what people said: RIM Launches Next-Generation BlackBerry Z10, Announces Corporate Rebranding - MacRumors Forums
    8800 -> 9000 -> 9700 -> 9780 -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Q10 (FINALLY!!!)

Pin Sharing? www.PinSharing.com
    robkd likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

I only read the first page and then started skimming fast, but they seem pretty open-minded and happy to see some competition. Good for them!
    robkd and joe.miller like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,520 Global Posts

actually for apple related sites comments can be categorized as positive.
    Deu2e likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    79D94983

So, you acknowledge that people on the Mac boards were being nice and saying positive things, then title your post with iToy? Good for the Mac folks, not for you.
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
    So, you acknowledge that people on the Mac boards were being nice and saying positive things, then title your post with iToy? Good for the Mac folks, not for you.
    What does them being nice have to do with me naming it iToy? That's completely irrelevant. Please don't be the wise one, it's not the time.
    8800 -> 9000 -> 9700 -> 9780 -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Q10 (FINALLY!!!)

Pin Sharing? www.PinSharing.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

I noticed a lot of positive comments and compliments about a lot of the features of BB10 at both iMore & Android Central. It was really nice to see.
    jinxednuance likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    79D94983

Quote Originally Posted by jinxednuance View Post
    What does them being nice have to do with me naming it iToy? That's completely irrelevant. Please don't be the wise one, it's not the time.
    Not the time? Huh?

That you didn't get it doesn't surprise me. That you continue to not get it is a bit surprising.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default Re: What are the iPhone fans saying about BB 10? Read...

Yeah the Android and iOS sites are pretty positive, its Windows Phone Central that has to bash it, they obviously feel threatened by the new platform . And then of course there's BGR, which I will never visit again after hearing that there are competing smartphones "with a boatload more pixels" and that the grease from his fingers wouldn't come off the screen and prevented the touchscreen from working properly.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts

I read that whole thread and had a good laugh when an iPhone user said the new BB10 OS looked "boring" compared to iOS. LOL! Really??? Wow....
    7230>7780>8700>8100>8300>9000>8900>9700>9800>9860> 9900>Z10>Q10<Z30
    Currently a new BB Passport, the best phone I've ever had hands down.(Said that about my Z30 too!)
    Several iPhones, Androids, and WP in between.
    Joe.User and donmateo like this.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,814 Global Posts

I wonder why it is shocking that smartphone users mostly seem to like the new BB devices...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    I wonder why it is shocking that smartphone users mostly seem to like the new BB devices...
    I think it's because a lot of people seem to think you have to pick a side, which is foolish in my opinion. Nothing wrong in jumping from platform to platform.
    all smartphones are tools.
    android = 48pc tool set (you"ll eventually find the tool you need, but some assembly required)
    iphone = swiss army knife (most of the tools you need in a small, simple to use package)
    blackberry = adjustable wrench (sometimes all you need is a wrench)
    windows phone = bionic wrench (its different....but it works)
    Tre Lawrence and adiafzal like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,540 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.User View Post
    Yeah the Android and iOS sites are pretty positive, its Windows Phone Central that has to bash it, they obviously feel threatened by the new platform . And then of course there's BGR, which I will never visit again after hearing that there are competing smartphones "with a boatload more pixels" and that the grease from his fingers wouldn't come off the screen and prevented the touchscreen from working properly.
    Hehehe - Windows Phone users are a bit like ultra competitive people playing in ultra competitive sports leagues. It's very much a "want to win" approach (and good for them) combined with an unspoken fear that they might not (natural) leading to obnoxious dismissiveness.

Too bad. I like the ideas of both.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    19,441 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Default Re: What are the iPhone fans saying about BB 10? Read...

Their behaviour is a lot better than BB fans going to other sites to troll in the days prior to the launch. Based on some BB troll posts I saw on other sites, I am surprised that they didn't repay in kind, considering the less than stellar launch.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    Thanked by:
    mikeo007 (01-31-2013) 
    mikeo007, adiafzal and 03_CTD like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    Hehehe - Windows Phone users are a bit like ultra competitive people playing in ultra competitive sports leagues. It's very much a "want to win" approach (and good for them) combined with an unspoken fear that they might not (natural) leading to obnoxious dismissiveness.

Too bad. I like the ideas of both.
    It's because they're scared of BlackBerry remaining as the 3rd platform and pushing Windows Phone out of existence. While I hope all four can survive, to each there own, but if I had to pick one it would be BlackBerry, I'm just not a fan of the metro UI, I think Microsoft should go back to the drawing board as nothing with the metro UI has been a hit, it's even managed to hurt windows sales.
    all smartphones are tools.
    android = 48pc tool set (you"ll eventually find the tool you need, but some assembly required)
    iphone = swiss army knife (most of the tools you need in a small, simple to use package)
    blackberry = adjustable wrench (sometimes all you need is a wrench)
    windows phone = bionic wrench (its different....but it works)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....

The iPhone and Android fans are saving their hating for the BlackBerry page on Facebook.....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts

Comments like "it looks boring" we're getting to me, so I stopped reading lol.

I don't understand how they can say it looks boring when iPhone icons haven't changed in years. And that's coming me, someone who loves Blackberry AND Apple.

Can't wait for my upgrade in May. Love iOS but I'm ready for something new!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Current devices: iPhone 4S 32GB (Black) & Blackberry Bold 9930
    shemaree09 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

read through a few posts and its funny to see the open minded and close minded!

I love the post from this person:

Each new RIM product gets worse at both. Each new product tries to be more like the iPhone but fails at doing so.

My Bold 9900 has the worst battery run time, but will only charge with BB specific chargers. Ironically, if I try to purchase such accessories from RIM, I get "ShopBlackBerry.com is temporarily unavailable". Been that way for over a month.

So long my friend, you will be missed.

So he dislikes Blackberry because they try to be more like the iPhone in every release, he can only use BB specific chargers known as MicroUSB, and only purchases accessories form ShopBlackberry.com.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    13,133 Global Posts

It's a bit strange to me that some folks get so ..... what's the word I'm looking for ....... possessive? weird? angry?....... about a piece of technology. I will never understand why anyone MUST feel that their mobile device is better than that of someone else.
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you."
    CrackBerry User

i have heard only good things from iPhone users. a few of my friends who had blackberries are actually thinking of returning back. of course i welcome them back home anytime lol. now there are some hardcore mac user out there who have said "nice work for blackberry, but its a little to late." i will say iPhone does have somewhat of a stronghold but all and all i think several iPhone users are happy to see the grip get loosened up a bit. more and more people i talk to about the iPhone enjoy the lifestyle put hate paying for the convenience of it, and alot of them seem a new found freedom in the blackberry. i know we probably wont get all the iPhone user on our ship but over this next year i think more than we think will join us or go elsewhere.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

i agree. its just how we've become as a society. mobile technology is now a lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by shaleem View Post
    It's a bit strange to me that some folks get so ..... what's the word I'm looking for ....... possessive? weird? angry?....... about a piece of technology. I will never understand why anyone MUST feel that their mobile device is better than that of someone else.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts

Isn't it amazing how users of other devices can be open minded towards competing devices and not bash then in some misguided rage? How refreshing, well done Macrumors!
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts(Built For BlackBerry)
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    shemaree09 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I am slightly worried...i stick with blackberry because i like to be a rebel who doesnt run with the crowd, proudly waving my torch in the face of sneering iphone users. If they had smartphones in the seventies i think Johnny Rotten would have had a blackberry.
    Im not sure if im ready for mainstream respectability....
    oil.....is it really worth it?
    jakie55 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Quote Originally Posted by wuulfy View Post
    I am slightly worried...i stick with blackberry because i like to be a rebel who doesnt run with the crowd, proudly waving my torch in the face of sneering iphone users. If they had smartphones in the seventies i think Johnny Rotten would have had a blackberry.
    Im not sure if im ready for mainstream respectability....
    LOL! Nice. I'm not sure if I'm ready either. My fear was just that
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts

Here is the thing.

As much as people may bash a company for something you MUST take into consideration that when a company makes a drastic change like this it does deserve some respect. They didnt give up, they didnt pretend to do something cool... this is a GREAT OS. It will only get better. If Apple releases a totally new OS i will look into it 100%, as im sure anyone here would
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------