...to bring up the carousel like we had on the PlayBook? Single frame in view, tap to open, swipe up to close app.

For some reason when I'm switching quickly between three or more apps in the middle of work (e.g. Browser, Word doc and PDF doc), I find it hard to focus on the right app to open from the Active Frames pane...i invariably end up opening the wrong frame and have to swipe up again.

Up and right to the hub...up and left to the carousel. Thoughts?

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    ryanza likes this.
    08-19-14 12:08 PM
    Yeah, we're all hoping for the playbook multi task. But I don't think it'll happen

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 12:23 PM
    Great idea, I'm only regretting not having it first
    08-19-14 12:26 PM
    I'm certainly not against it but I feel the normal portrait orientation of the phone doesn't lend itself so well to the carousel view as it does on the (normal) landscape orientation of the PlayBook. It sounds as though 10.3 will bring the ability to pin active frames into position on the desktop and I wonder if that will make the quick switching a little more intuitive?

I think this is a great conversation to have because I'm a huge fan of multi-tasking and, like you, I sometimes forget about the apps switching frame locations and tapping the wrong one. Fortunately, it's an easy and elegant swipe up to get back. But I work the phone pretty hard and welcome any improvements, however small.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 12:30 PM
    I would be happy if up-left just went to the previous app. Could work the same from the Hub. And, could scroll through each time you do it, previous app then the one before etc.

Fundamentally, a simple gesture to go back to the last app, particularly from the Hub, would be great.
    08-19-14 12:35 PM
    Great idea that! Swiping up and left to scroll through open apps would be awesome!

I'm swiping up and left now and it doesn't take much imagination to see how great it would be to swipe through open apps!

Posted via CB10
    logger4942 likes this.
    08-19-14 12:44 PM