Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By mabaseball28
  • 2 Post By kill_9
  • 1 Post By donmateo
  • 1 Post By jimpilot
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What if the Super Bowl is the US launch

Ok so running purely on speculation here, and maybe just on blind hope, but what if the US is going to use the Super Bowl ad as a launch. As far as I have seen, carriers are putting out pricing or confirming that they will carry the device, but there have been no dates whatsoever. It would be epic, a true surprise, one of the caliber that I think we were all expecting on launch day, if they used this grand stage. Releasing a product during the Super Bowl would peak consumers interest. I don't think you can get much more press then that. If this is not the case then the $4million+ that BlackBerry is spending on the ad is wasted because it will be forgotten about by the time the US customers can actually get the phone. I hope that BlackBerry isn't trying to blow money. This would create such a huge buzz. I can hope and dream right?
    jimpilot and jsmenard1 like this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3158810F

It's good to dream. IMHO!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

You give BlackBerry's senior management team too much credit for creativity as evidenced by the lack-lustre BlackBerry 10 Reveal Event on January 30th. It is best that you remain asleep with your delightfully deluded dream of BlackBerrys frolicking in a meadow as the sunshine washes gently over the landscape.
    Thanked by:
    KatKatKatina (01-31-2013) 
    Caymancroc and westiewanderer like this.
  4. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mabaseball28 View Post
    Ok so running purely on speculation here, and maybe just on blind hope, but what if the US is going to use the Super Bowl ad as a launch. As far as I have seen, carriers are putting out pricing or confirming that they will carry the device, but there have been no dates whatsoever. It would be epic, a true surprise, one of the caliber that I think we were all expecting on launch day, if they used this grand stage. Releasing a product during the Super Bowl would peak consumers interest. I don't think you can get much more press then that. If this is not the case then the $4million+ that BlackBerry is spending on the ad is wasted because it will be forgotten about by the time the US customers can actually get the phone. I hope that BlackBerry isn't trying to blow money. This would create such a huge buzz. I can hope and dream right?
    That requires Heins to directly lie in an interview because he's the person that 'mid-march' comes from. An odd thing for a CEO to do.
    CrackBerry Genius

Here's why it WON'T happen....

No company with a half a brain would give themselves so much negative press and upset so many people just to make that teensy surprise. A carrier might choose to release it next week, but again don't count on it. Dropping the bomb and softening the blow is one of, if not, the worst business strategy.
    q649 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default Re: What if the Super Bowl is the US launch

Carriers are the reason why it's delayed. UK carriers were the most enthusiastic of course (especially Vodaphone) and then their homeland coming in second. The US carriers have been slow with their testing, therefore elongating the time window before launch. At least they have the support of all major US carriers, Microsoft has had trouble with them with their Windows Phone for a while now. They are just pretty fixated on iOS and Android. It isn't BlackBerry's fault that it will be arriving later in the US, and that's something that a lot of people need to know

I guess carriers could surprise and launch on Sunday... but as far as the folks over at BlackBerry know, it will be March before Americans will be able to pick up any BB10 goodness
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts

Proof or speculation?
    Are the agreements all in place?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kill_9 View Post
    You give BlackBerry's senior management team too much credit for creativity as evidenced by the lack-lustre BlackBerry 10 Reveal Event on January 30th. It is best that you remain asleep with your delightfully deluded dream of BlackBerrys frolicking in a meadow as the sunshine washes gently over the landscape.
    While this was overtly negative...the finish def made me laugh! AND YES DAMNIT....we want our BB's frolicking in sunshine-washed meadows RIGHT NOW!!! *grins*
    ~ Still waters run deep ~
  9. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    Proof or speculation?
    Are the agreements all in place?

The only "proof" we have is Heins saying the delay is down to carriers.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,574 Global Posts

It could happen I guess. And it would be a major news event or at least draw a lot of coverage that the large groups of users who are not on Crackberry would I suspect react to.
    CrackBerry Addict

In a perfect world it could happen.
    Currently using Blackberry Z30 & Blackberry Playbook 64GB & iPod Touch 4G 32GB
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,574 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    The only "proof" we have is Heins saying the delay is down to carriers.
    I did read where be said his people tell him all the agreements are in place
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

The OP must have been high
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,574 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietRioter View Post
    In a perfect world it could happen.
    So Sunday the Ravens win and Z10 drops and it will be a perfect day.

And I will have to eat some of the thoughts I had about Blackberry. ��
    westiewanderer likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

And then the day after the Super Bowl come the shareholder lawsuits.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westiewanderer View Post
    While this was overtly negative...the finish def made me laugh! AND YES DAMNIT....we want our BB's frolicking in sunshine-washed meadows RIGHT NOW!!! *grins*
    Overtly negative? I was painting BlackBerry management in the colours they deserve - reality and truth. The BlackBerry 10 Reveal Event was a one-time corporate and brand rebirth opportunity; most of the BlackBerry loyalists had been hoping for an highly-energized showcase, instead we were presented with much a do about nothing. The launch should have made us exclaim, "Ya! BlackBerry is back!" Sadly, it was a rehash of BlackBerry Jam 2012. Thank you, though, for appreciating the vivid imagery of my previous post.
    CrackBerry User

When I think about the SB commercial, I'm reminded of those Toshiba commercials where the CEO refused to ship a laptop until a certain feature was ready. Every time I saw one I would think, "Sounds good. Let me know when it finally comes out and I'll think about it" Did those laptops ever come out?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    That requires Heins to directly lie in an interview because he's the person that 'mid-march' comes from. An odd thing for a CEO to do.
    Not to mention that it would be a terrible thing to cause all those negative reactions by lying for a publicity stunt. Can't see that happening.

I think he did mention there was a possibility of it being available in the US prior to mid-March (end of February or early March) though.
    CrackBerry Genius

One thing they could announce to the general public in the Super Bowl spot is that the release date will be in March on all carriers. The general public, which hasn't been waiting so intently, would see that BlackBerry announced and delivered on time.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kill_9 View Post
    Overtly negative? I was painting BlackBerry management in the colours they deserve - reality and truth. The BlackBerry 10 Reveal Event was a one-time corporate and brand rebirth opportunity; most of the BlackBerry loyalists had been hoping for an highly-energized showcase, instead we were presented with much a do about nothing. The launch should have made us exclaim, "Ya! BlackBerry is back!" Sadly, it was a rehash of BlackBerry Jam 2012. Thank you, though, for appreciating the vivid imagery of my previous post.
    You make a good point...I RETRACT my overtly negative comment and agree with you...the launch left myself and many other DIE HARD BB fans wondering what happened!! I hope we dont lose too many more before March/April!
    ~ Still waters run deep ~