I've been reading about the Q10 and the Q5, and I found it really cool how they had that 'instant action' feature that enables them to do a wide variety of things from the home screen just by typing in a command. But as a Z10 user, I'm kinda bummed that the Z10 couldn't do that as well.
    But it confused me why this couldn't be a feature on the Z10 too. Obviously, the Z10 doesn't sport a physical keyboard, so it can't be done directly from the home screen, but with a full touch phone aren't there more possibilities? So here are my suggestions:

1. My favorite one. Just do the usual swipe up from the bottom bezel gesture from the home screen to bring up a window where you type a command in and it executes. Since that gesture doesn't serve any purpose on the home screen currently, I don't see a problem with this.

2. Make a new gesture so that this 'instant action' window can be accessed from any app, just as the hub is accessible from any app. Maybe swipe up and then left, the opposite of the gesture for the hub.

3. Include another window to the left or right of the hub. It's similar to the iPad or the iPhone where the left most window brings up the search window.

Those were my thoughts on this. I don't think it should be too hard for BlackBerry to do this. I'm sure someone would have already thought of this before me.
    Anyhow, I hope that BlackBerry will bring the instant action feature to the Z10 in a future update, hopefully as soon as 10.2 but at the latest by 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 05:07 AM
    I've been reading about the Q10 and the Q5, and I found it really cool how they had that 'instant action' feature that enables them to do a wide variety of things from the home screen just by typing in a command. But as a Z10 user, I'm kinda bummed that the Z10 couldn't do that as well.
    But it confused me why this couldn't be a feature on the Z10 too. Obviously, the Z10 doesn't sport a physical keyboard, so it can't be done directly from the home screen, but with a full touch phone aren't there more possibilities? So here are my suggestions:

1. My favorite one. Just do the usual swipe up from the bottom bezel gesture from the home screen to bring up a window where you type a command in and it executes. Since that gesture doesn't serve any purpose on the home screen currently, I don't see a problem with this.

2. Make a new gesture so that this 'instant action' window can be accessed from any app, just as the hub is accessible from any app. Maybe swipe up and then left, the opposite of the gesture for the hub.

3. Include another window to the left or right of the hub. It's similar to the iPad or the iPhone where the left most window brings up the search window.

Those were my thoughts on this. I don't think it should be too hard for BlackBerry to do this. I'm sure someone would have already thought of this before me.
    Anyhow, I hope that BlackBerry will bring the instant action feature to the Z10 in a future update, hopefully as soon as 10.2 but at the latest by 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    Hey!! Welcome to CB!! and nice that you're posting in the forums!
    I kinda like your ideas. I will take it a step further. Have a gesture that allows for all the icons to show. SO you would see a clean home screen except for what you want to place there, and then integrate some gesture that peeks out a screen with the icons. the second third fourth etc screen can be the same, but just change the homescreen.
    What do you think?
    I like your ideas!!
    Fill out that survey and place these ideas on it! lol
    07-05-13 05:40 AM