03-26-09 05:46 AM
- Since I got my Curve, I have sold my iPod, ( I put my fav. songs on the microSD card), decided against getting Roadrunner, (I only use internet for emails and sites like CB), cancelled my XM radio (I got iheartradio and use my FM transmitter), and stopped talking to my friends (I don't need em now that I got my BB)...LOL just kidding of course, but my BB has allowed me to cut back on devices...what about you guys?03-25-09 09:40 PM
- It hasn't really replaced anything. But my ipod pretty stays connected to my car. Andi don't need to have my laptop with me nearly as much. The only problem with this is that I wind up needing a mid day charge on the phone.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com03-25-09 09:48 PM
- No more Palm (thank HEAVEN), and a lot less time on the the laptop to check emails. I still do most of my surfing on my laptop, but use the mobile version of CB a lot. My iPod is still in constant use for work (I create playlists for my P.E. classes for kids with special needs) and I really do like it better for music when I'm cleaning house or working out simply because of its small size (Nano).03-25-09 09:56 PM
- Definitely phone/SMS... Kinda leaning towards replacing desktop email. It replaced my iPod touch as my mobile internet device (even though the browser is eons better on the iPhone OS). And it's the highest quality camera I currently own.
I'm trying to get myself used to liking the services on BB more than desktop so that I can have my preferrable services in my pocket wherever I go... But I don't think it'll ever be able to meet my web browsing needs03-25-09 10:00 PM
- It has replaced me running back to a computer all of the time to check my email, replaced me writing numbers down while in the car (people just email them to me), replaced my MP3 player, in car dvd player, laptop use on the air plane, news paper in the restroom. And many more thinks I can't even image living without.03-25-09 10:28 PM
- When I got my curve 8310 in november it really didn;t replace anything other than my phone...
now that I have a BOLD... my Zune collects dust, I will go 3-4 days without opening outlook on my computer, and I no longer take my laptop to class with me to use during my breaks...03-25-09 10:37 PM
- i definitely use it as a convenience thing versus flat out replacing things. like, if i'm going to run out to do errands, i might not bring my ipod with me because i have music on my phone anyway and i'm going to connect it to my car. or i won't bring my camera when i'm going out with some friends just because i have one handy on my blackberry. but it certainly won't replace my real camera for big events like weddings, graduations, parties, etc.
and it certainly won't ever replace my computer, some things are just better viewed on a computer but blackberrys sure makes being in communication awesome
Last edited by redsoxrocker; 03-25-09 at 10:58 PM.03-25-09 10:42 PM
- Saved me from having to buy a computer, it does everything I needed a laptop for, and with the economy, I use it to save even more, especially fuel, and in a big rig, that's the second highest expense we have.
I love my CrackBerry experience.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com03-25-09 10:47 PM
- Replaced my love with palms.
Hasn't really replaced anything else.
Ipod use for the gym. I power lift so I dot want to bring my phone and smash it one day from a weight dropping on it, lol
Nothing will take away my laptop. As fast as this device is online it still can't beat 20/5 connection.
It has taken away a lot of wondering about things. I can just look them up on the berry.
Ohh yeah and I forgot what it was like to be a normal person constantly worrying about my berry like it is a damn kid, lol
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com03-25-09 10:59 PM
- it has not fully replaced much.
I do not use my digital camera anymore. And when my storm is here (tomorrow/today) My camera would be less mp anyhow lol . I never owned a mp3 player because i got into PDAs before mp3 players were "cool" I had a Palm and WM device before and will never go back. I wont even sell them to customers (I own/run a cell phone store). I NEVER email from the computer. I only use CB on the computer because I currently have a pearl and the screen is just too small for all web browsing.
when Facebook is working correctly!!! I use that for all my fb needs.
although i never had a calender before it replaces what i would of used... does that count?03-25-09 11:25 PM
- Mann! I love my BB. But it couldn't ever replace my iPod or Sony Camera !
The camera is good for just "random" pictures but I got a thing for taking pictures so either way my camera is always with me. But it's really handy for those "you had to be there" moments.
The music player is a good future but I hate how it's NOT organized lol
I love the calendar feature and use it but I still like having my book-planner.
I'm not on the computer as much anymore. I rarely check mail on the computer.
But, for me, there's no way it could replace all my sweet electronics. Haha.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com03-25-09 11:38 PM
- My computer Gmail, Yahoo, and university e-mail, calendar, alarm clock, address book, IM service, to do list, memorandums, password protection, money management, camera (sometimes), map, navigation system, and event seeker (Live Search). It replaced my life, I suppose03-25-09 11:46 PM
- I'm not saying that other people do or don't need. Just saying what I have replaced and no longer use since MY 8330/126.96.36.199 Curve on the Sprint Network
V-tech Home Phone
Treo - Cell Phone
Sansa - Mp3 Player
Elf - Camera
Garmin - GPS Nav
Sony - Voice Recorder
lil bitty flash light
Map in the glove box
Phone Book on coffe table
My Time Chatting on IM's
And even before my BB I replace some stuff with my Treo
Paper to do list
A calendar on my wall
My little black book
I still need
My Desk Top pc
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com03-26-09 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD