This was the first forum I ever joined period on the internet. The Blackberry 8900 was my first Smartphone ever. I purchased it while stationed in Wiesbaden Germany from T-Mobile. I purchased every new Flagship blackberry after that up until 2012, as well as purchasing previous blackberry's that were before my time 8800 series etc.

I valued this forum for its intelligence, diligent fact checking, and helpfulness all which are still very much there. Fast forward to 2014 and I'm using an Android named the Moto X as my main driver (I believe Android is a great mix of both Blackberry and iOS) I also still own an iPhone 5S, which I don't use much. I've also owned every iPhone up until now. I was using two phones for most of my smartphone history (blackberry and iPhone the majority of it).

What sparked this rant is a post by the website and the blind following I saw of adulation for a bogus award Blackberry recently won for design. The awards are called the Red Dot awards. Never heard of them? Me either. I googled these awards to see how much they mattered on a large scale of things as far as tech companies go. They don't matter. I saw comments such as why aren't these types of awards used for advertising answer, because they don't matter.

A few years ago blind fanboys were roasted for not fact checking and just accepting post even if they were crap. Now however it seems as if the entire site has become blind fanboys. Why? Blackberry will return to greatness I honestly believe that and I can't wait. However in this low point if Blackberry history does the integrity of the site have to suffer as well? Keep paying great stories not bogus adulation. (I found the red dot app on the Android Market to see how many downloads it has after doing some research of their website. Embarrassing I can only imagine how many are in the App Store and blackberry's app store).

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Attached Thumbnails Is this what it has come to Crackberry-16497.jpg  
    trsbbs likes this.
    07-07-14 01:20 PM
    Thanks for your input. Point taken. Red dot don't mean shlt

Posted via CB10
    ayekon likes this.
    07-07-14 01:23 PM
    Good point. I wondered wtf red dot was too.
    07-07-14 01:24 PM
    Don't like the site? You're free to move on. Personally, if I was using an Android I wouldn't be interested in another platform's Fan site anyway. Also, I believe calling us fanboys are in violation of this forums rules.
    wincyUt likes this.
    07-07-14 01:30 PM
    Actually a legitimate point, Crackberry does have some blind "fanbois" it seems. But it is a forum for BlackBerry enthusiasts, so what do you expect?

I'm using an Android named the Moto X as my main driver
    Also, please stop referring to phones as "drivers"; they are phones not drivers. Michael Schumacher is a driver, and your Motorola X is not Michael Schumacher. I hate it when people call their phone their driver. It is ridiculous.

Same thing with referring to phone camera as a "shooter". No, a phone camera is not a shooter, it is a camera. An AR15 is a shooter, a phone camera is not.

Just a bit of rant. Lol

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    07-07-14 01:35 PM
    I'm confused. So the Red Dot award is meaningless?
    07-07-14 01:38 PM
    I'm confused as well about drivers and shooters,
    Did the shooter shoot the driver or was the driver used to take the shooter away. ???? Hmm?

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    07-07-14 01:44 PM
    Pretty much it is..... they pick thousands of products to "award" and feature them in what really appears to be a catalog. Seems overly consumer driven....
    phonejunky likes this.
    07-07-14 01:49 PM
    I'm confused as well about drivers and shooters,
    Did the shooter shoot the driver or was the driver used to take the shooter away. ???? Hmm?

Posted via CB10
    Now that was goooooood!
    07-07-14 01:53 PM
    lol @ this topic...

Is this what trolling has come to OP?

Crackberry <--- notice the name, pause, reflect....

Nothing is wrong with BB enthusiasts on this site... You can check out other Mobile Nations websites though... Highly encouraged...
    07-07-14 01:55 PM
    I have no idea what the purpose of this post is. Red Dot is not a BB app, and is not relevant to the discussion. I don't particularly care for McDonald's, either.
    07-07-14 02:00 PM
    I think somebody might be shorting BlackBerry and he's beginning to get a little testy.

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer likes this.
    07-07-14 02:05 PM
    Argh. The outrage. Were you upset at the Z10 winning as well? - BlackBerry Z10 claims Red Dot Award for Product Design 2013 | CrackBerry.com. How DARE we share good news that was issued in a Press Release by BlackBerry.. We must still be drunk off that Canada Day and 4th of July BlackBerry hard koolaid. Where's my tylenol! - BlackBerry Wins Three Prestigious Red Dot Awards for Product Design. I'm gonna go drown my head in a toilet. worbelworbelworbel.
    07-07-14 02:20 PM