Which device has a better screen on and off paper?

Z10 or Q10?

Let me know why!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-29-14 10:59 PM
    The Z10. Uses IPS technology. Where as the Q10 is an AMOLED display. Putting more money into the pockets of Samsung.

AMOLED displays are to dim during the day and to bright at night. Will make your eyes bleed. Get the Q5 if you want a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 11:02 PM
    Which device has a better screen on and off paper?

Z10 or Q10?

Let me know why!

The Z10 has a 4.2" 768x1280 LCD Screen, while the Q10 has a 3.1" 720x720 Super AMOLED Display.

The Z10 has a PPI density of 356, and the Q10 of 330.

This means there is more clarity on the Z10 (due to the tighter pixel density), while the Q10 is still a great contender.

LCD is generally brighter than AMOLED, however AMOLED tends to display more vibrant colours.

Most would argue that the Z10 has the better display, for its clarity, and brightness. While some may prefer the more vibrant colours of the Q10.

Technically, the Z10 has the better display when referring to resolution. It's important to mention that LCD displays are only more efficient at full brightness as compared to AMOLED. AMOLED screens are more efficient all around, just not when the brightness is cranked up.

Usually, it comes down to personal preference, especially considering both the screen size difference, and the form factors of the phones..

Hopefully that answers your question!
    CMcRob likes this.
    04-29-14 11:06 PM
    The Z10 has a 4.2" 768x1280 LCD Screen, while the Q10 has a 3.1" 720x720 Super AMOLED Display.

The Z10 has a PPI density of 356, and the Q10 of 330.

This means there is more clarity on the Z10 (due to the tighter pixel density), while the Q10 is still a great contender.

LCD is generally brighter than AMOLED, however AMOLED tends to display more vibrant colours.

Most would argue that the Z10 has the better display, for its clarity, and brightness. While some may prefer the more vibrant colours of the Q10.

Technically, the Z10 has the better display when referring to resolution. It's important to mention that LCD displays are only more efficient at full brightness as compared to AMOLED. AMOLED screens are more efficient all around, just not when the brightness is cranked up.

Usually, it comes down to personal preference, especially considering both the screen size difference, and the form factors of the phones..

Hopefully that answers your question!
    Thanks! That was a good answer! Amoled is more durable than lcd right?

DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    04-29-14 11:12 PM
    Thanks! That was a good answer! Amoled is more durable than lcd right?

Yes, AMOLED's are more durable than the LCD displays. They are able to operate in broader temperature ranges too.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 11:22 PM
    Yes, AMOLED's are more durable than the LCD displays. They are able to operate in broader temperature ranges too.

Posted via CB10
    Can you further explain what you mean by broader temperatures please

04-30-14 07:32 AM
    I prefer the Q10 display. I have no issues with the brightness and the dark theme looks great.

It also helps preserve the battery, which is nice.

Both screens are phenomenal and are simply better in different ways. If I wanted a more multimedia oriented device I'd get the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 07:38 AM
    Can you further explain what you mean by broader temperatures please

This is a good example:

Extreme Cold: Which Feature Phones And Smartphones Are The Toughest? - AndroidPIT

Mind you it is two years old but it gives the ides of that AMOLED screens operate in broader temperature ranges. TL;DR: AMOLED screens can be used in higher temps or lower temps compared to LCD`s. That`s because of the technology put in the display. The major tradeoff with AMOLED is that its has less outdoor visibility compared to LCD`s. I miss Super AMOLED Plus as it could create deeeppp blacks and made color`s pop. If you ever seen the Droid Charge screen it was so colorful and beautiful.

Heres an article on that too:

Super AMOLED Plus vs. Retina vs. Super LCD vs. Nova screens: What's the difference? - CNET
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    04-30-14 07:49 AM
    This is a good example:

Extreme Cold: Which Feature Phones And Smartphones Are The Toughest? - AndroidPIT

Mind you it is two years old but it gives the ides of that AMOLED screens operate in broader temperature ranges. TL;DR: AMOLED screens can be used in higher temps or lower temps compared to LCD`s. That`s because of the technology put in the display. The major tradeoff with AMOLED is that its has less outdoor visibility compared to LCD`s. I miss Super AMOLED Plus as it could create deeeppp blacks and made color`s pop. If you ever seen the Droid Charge screen it was so colorful and beautiful.

Heres an article on that too:

Super AMOLED Plus vs. Retina vs. Super LCD vs. Nova screens: What's the difference? - CNET
    That helped a lot, thanks! I think i'm to stick with the amoled Q10
    04-30-14 11:49 AM