I've been on the fence about buying a Q10. I love BB's keyboard and UI, including what I've seen/heard of BB10 and when I got to play with it a few times. I'm still rocking my white 9780 - not so much due to choice but because I lost my 9900 about a year ago and am still under contract (Robbers, I'm almost out!).

I know that BB10 doesn't work via BIS. What happens if the company was to be sold for parts, or simply if the hardware/software business was to fold up? Will the phone be supported? Will there be new apps (doubt it) or OS upgrades? Would everything work like normal, and I'll go on my merry way, at least until my warranty is up? I've had some pushback from BB about warranty issues before - what'll happen if the company folds up (in whole or part)?

I've been using BB's since '08. Back then I got the 9000 and loved it, then upgraded to the 9780 almost 3 years ago. I tried out the PB and the lack of apps deterred me from keeping it, so like many others I returned it - it might also be more so that I have no use for a tablet as I'm on the laptop and phone most of the day. I'm happy I returned it as BB10 will never come - that was going to be the only reason I was debating about keeping it. So needless to say, I, like many other CB'ers and non-CB'ers, are jaded about the promises coming out from Waterloo, and the outlook, in my opinion and despite my best hopes, is somewhat bleak.

I'm planning on switching to Wind soon (within the next 2 months), and I'd be considering getting a Q10 version that can support 700MHz, in the unlikely chance they'll beat out the top 3 to some of the spectrum. My plan was to wait until I switch networks, buy an outright device if BB is still around - but today I've been offered an excellent price for the Q10. Would you buy? Would you wait? Would you switch? *shudder at the prospect of no keyboard*
    09-19-13 06:02 PM
    Cant answer your question directly, but i am going to buy a Q10 tomorrow, sim free for 499,95 pounds.
    09-19-13 06:06 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ry-z10-840388/

Referring you to an existing thread on the subject if you'd like to carry on there.
    09-19-13 06:08 PM