Thanks for your help. This greatly helps me in my work.

Have a Great Weekend.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    04-07-13 11:30 AM
    Well you can rename a voice note in the file manager. Live and learn. Would still be better though if it could be done when you take the note, but better than not being able to.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:31 AM
    This makes my life much easier. Again thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:35 AM
    Perfect thanks. Is there a way to email the entry after it made? This would be extremely helpful for work bases.

Extremely pleased with my Z10 by the way. Go BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Yes..Voice Control prompts you to "edit, send or cancel"

ACTUALLY you can do this hands free from your car...
    I setup my Lincoln MKX 2010 steering wheel voice SYNC so that I can verbally send emails, texts and BBM messages via voice control..no need to touch the phone which is bluetooth connected the moment I step into the car...

you might want to read the column here...and it's link to earlier column...

More BlackBerry Z10 in-car Voice Control integration shown off | CrackBerry.com

my posted comment:
    Yes..I have a Lincoln MKX 2010...went to SYNC online and upgraded my software online..requires a USB...then insert into car and it updates your system...
    Then I connected via bluetooth and the Z10 worked...but had some problems with the long "Blackberry Voice Control". (it would sometimes dial client care)..so I created a shorter named contact in my Z10 for "BLACKBERRY" - #999-555-1234...once I refreshed Bluetooth..it showed up on the Lincoln MKX and It worked perfectly...I now have my own BatMobile
    Now if only they would provide a READ (text to speech for incoming) EMAILS, TEXTS and BBM MESSAGES...we would be fully in control...no distractions...
    SO WHAT WE NEED is "Drive Safe.ly" upgraded for the Z10 now...
    rasmadrak likes this.
    04-07-13 11:38 AM
    See my post below your post.

As I said, the one issue I see is that you can't name the files. I hope this changes in an update because as of now you would have to know when you made the file. Not a problem if you are sending it immediately, but I can imagine some confusion if you need to refer back to the notes at a later date.

If anyone knows of a way to rename the files please let me know. I haven't actually played with the files in file manager - maybe it can be done from there.

Posted via CB10
    When you make a Voice Note...
    it will FIRST ask for a Title... you record a memo TITLE....
    THEN before saving...notice it says "add a description"
    say "add a description" and it will offer to save what becomes the body of your memo...
    so you could record a page of info...
    then it will repeat it back to you before saving...

THEN you can go to REMEMBER...look under Unified Entries and you will see it there...
    You can highlight ..select PENCIL and edit the title ...
    you can also edit the body of your memo......Also in edit mode you can MOVE it to a permanent FOLDER...(pull down the FOLDER bar above) by selecting another folder..then HIT SAVE...
    then back out and check the chosen folder for the finished file...

- now for the best part...you can record while driving hands free...see my other posting
    Last edited by RIMs-Pegasus-2012; 04-07-13 at 12:37 PM.
    04-07-13 11:54 AM
    Well you can rename a voice note in the file manager. Live and learn. Would still be better though if it could be done when you take the note, but better than not being able to.

Posted via CB10
    When you are in VOICE MODE...it offers you an EDIT SAVE or CANCEL prompt...
    04-07-13 11:59 AM
    Ok just been playing. For those that need to send transcribed notes to your email or to someone else because of work or for personal reasons.

-Make your note as described in previous threads.
    - go to remember and find your note (even at a later date)
    - open the note and high light the body of the note.
    - hold what you high lighted and then touch share and pick which way you would like to share or send.

Hope this helps anyone.

Thanks to all that have helped me. You guys are awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-07-13 12:15 PM
    I'd like a place to capture memos and record voice just as scribbles or a journal for random insights ideas I have throughout the day. I don't like the idea of my scribbles getting mixed with my entries in remember which I use as a task manager.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 12:28 PM
    Actually you can send voice notes from within email. select attachment - select file - make sure you are on device and not sd card - you will see voice notes listed which include those from within the remember app. One slight problem - you can't, as far as I can tell, rename the file so they are bu default named with the date and time they were made.
    Thanks for this useful information, which I had completely missed. The voice email app is a bit handier but not strictly necessary, with this option available.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:59 PM
    Ok just new here but the phone can transcribe my voice note to text. I can use that for sure. How can I do that.

Posted via CB10
    try:
    Using the BlackBerry Voice Control app - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0

Look under:
    Save notes and memos in BlackBerry Remember.
    AND
    Book meetings and appointments
    04-08-13 04:49 PM
    Thanks Guys. Hope I can return the favor some day.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 05:31 PM
    Just wanted to sum everything up in one post here.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To record a voice note.
    Go into the remember app and create a new entry. Click on voice notes at the bottom.
    Once you are done recording. Stop it and remember to hit save at the top.
    You can keep all your notes under a single entry, or you can make different entries.
    If you want to keep them all under one entry, simple go to the remember app again, click on the entry you previously created and click on voice notes again. It will add the new file listed below the previous files. (Think of it like a folder. It is very useful if you have voice notes for different type of meetings. E.g. Manager meeting notes, safety meeting notes, vendor meeting notes, etc)
    If you want to create new entries for each recording, simply follow the instructions above and make a new entry.

To share voice notes
    This can be done in three ways.
    1) Go to the file manager and navigate to the Voice Notes folder that is on the device. (bottom left corner this is a menu button to select between device/SD/box/dropbox/etc)
    Long press on the voice note you want to share and click on share. You can share via a number of different mediums, including email.
    2) Create an email and send it as an attachment. Simply add an audio attachment, navigate to the voices folder and select the files you want to attach.
    3) Go to the Remember app and click on the entry with your saved voice note. Click on the file which should start playing it. Click on the menu to the right and share it. Once again, it can share to email and other things.

To rename voice notes. (Or any other files on your device)
    Go to the File manager. Look for the file you want to rename. If you want to rename your voice note, look in the Device-Voice folder. Long press to bring up the right hand menu and select rename.
    The Remember app is a very powerful new app that is built into BB10. No more having to open different apps. All records whether tasks, memo or notes, are built into it.
    04-08-13 05:45 PM
    I've noticed that deleting voice notes in the Remember app doesn't delete them from the file system.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 06:53 PM
    Actually if you're fond of the voice recorder app, you'll probably like an app called "Parrot". It's highly rated in App World and super easy to use as a voice recorder. It also has options built in for sending your recordings to BBM etc.
    Posted via CB10
    I can only agree -
    It's superior to the stock recored of the old phones.
    The sound quality is also extremely nice with the high quality setting!
    05-30-13 02:12 AM
    I'd like a place to capture memos and record voice just as scribbles or a journal for random insights ideas I have throughout the day. I don't like the idea of my scribbles getting mixed with my entries in remember which I use as a task manager.

Posted via CB10
    In "Parrot" you can store the recorded clips automatically on the SD card, music folder or voice folder. While not optimal - it doesn't get mixed with the remember-tasks etc.
    05-30-13 02:15 AM
    Parrot is alright for voice notes, but I just tried to record a minute and a half voice note & text it - said file size was too big!! if you voice note someone from text with the pre installed ap then you can record 10 minutes! (maybe even more but ive only tried 10 mins)... however i don't know if it is a glitch but when i click the paperclip to attach a voice note, and the recorder comes up and i click record it says "recording unavailable - voice notes can't be recorded when other applications that use voice services are in use".... when i restart the q10 then it works again, but it seems the longer the q10 has been on then this message pops up... nothing else is using the voice service, i have sent voice notes in BBM but all open apps are closed so i don't get it... that's why i read about parrot on here but after trying it , it is only good for very short voice notes to text people

http://newsball.com
    08-28-13 04:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can always create a separate folder in Remember as a journal. That would keep them organized at least.

There is also Groovy Notes, which will let you type notes and add voice notes, plus you can add a password to the app.
    08-28-13 08:45 PM
    Wow, resurrecting this thread almost 5 years later - so sorry!

I am desperately looking for a BB app or functionality that will act like "Speechnotes" in Android.

I have tried the voice control route, but as soon as I pause the recording/transcription stops and goes straight into "what would you like to do now?" and I haven't figured out the command to append additional words.

Speechnotes, on the other hand, will record for as long as you want it to and will transcribe in real time so you can see the progress and make edits you need to. For 2 days now I have tried to make Cobalt's patch thing (ie enable side loading of Android apps) work - but I have a Mac, and his patcher works only on Windows. So I was trying to partition my Mac using Virtual Box but Windows 10 (free version) will not allow any non-Microsoft-Store apps to be downloaded, and I am not going to drop $100 or whatever to use Windows for 10 minutes for a patch.

It has been an absolute nightmare.

Native apps available in BBworld like Phillips and Findentity, and Voice Notes, simply record voice into audio files. I want transcription into text.

Somebody, please, help me with a suggestion!!! Many thanks in advance.
    And BTW I have the Passport.
    Last edited by ges74; 03-01-18 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Fixed typos, added spacing and add'linfo
    03-01-18 07:57 PM
    Have you checked the Android apps in the Amazon App store?

Edit: I checked a few of them. They don't work. They rely on Android speech to text.
    Last edited by gebco; 03-02-18 at 11:10 PM.
    03-02-18 10:54 PM
44 12