I'm going to have some elective surgery next month (a kidney transplant, actually). And -- I'll be in the hospital for about a week --- perhaps longer if necessary. So -- I had an upgrade coming from Verizon, and bought a BB storm here about 3 days ago. So now I can email, text, IM and talk on the phone. As far as the STORM unit -- I really like it; just had one occasion where the BB went nuts -- the screen went to all white, the message light glowed a steady red -- I had to shut it off, I turned it back on and haven't had any issues since.
    12-30-08 11:22 AM
    The ability to get email quickly and not have to sit in front of a computer to answer ebay questions. I also love the ability to answer emails when "working from home" and not actually be sitting in front of a computer all day.
    12-30-08 01:15 PM
    For me, in a word: PUSH.
    12-30-08 01:32 PM
    I must admit the Storm brought me to Blackberry. I had the LG Voyager before this and I was completely satisfied with it. I can say that in the short time that I've owned my storm, I have been converted: Blackberry for life!!
    Same here. I wanted a phone with media capabilities and since the iPhone only works with AT&T, I passed on it because here in Lancaster, PA Verizon has the best coverage. So far I am happy with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 01:56 PM
    Yes, I have wanted a bb for over a year but first waited for work to buy it. When that didn't work, I waited for the 8350i to come out as I really needed the direct connect capability. Everyone said I would be sorry if I got a bb as it would become an addiction. So far it has been great, I can really get more done.....multi-tasking. My bb allows me to work smarter instead of harder by staying on top of issues. I will never go back to a regular cell phone.
    12-30-08 01:56 PM
    The versatility and word of mouth for sure.
    12-30-08 06:06 PM
    when they finally put a trackball on it so it was more like a real computer LOL
    12-30-08 10:19 PM
    When I first read the specs on the 8830WE.
    12-30-08 10:49 PM
    hmmm what first brought me to the blackberry world....a piece of cr@p tmobile wing and the fact that tmobile's sales rep told me it would do UMA calling, and the fact that i wrote down his name and badge number so that once i found out that it wouldn't and what a real piece the wing really was i insisted i get a curve for the same price and return the wing....score.....i have never looked back since and now own several
    1- unlocked 7290 - my old back up
    2 8320'2 unlocked
    2 8310's unlocked
    1 8800 unlocked
    my new baby 9530 :-)
    now i need to find another **30 phone for a verizon back up....
    12-30-08 10:54 PM
    My parents were renewing our plan, and my mom made the joke of saying that the new phones would be our Christmas presents. I was like, yeah right if that's the case then it better be a Blackberry. She said Ok, even though I was joking too. So I looked online and loved the features on the Curve. Now I'm hooked.
    12-30-08 11:38 PM
    I came out of the wilderness of the Palm series, a 650 then a 755p ... with some brief and extremely angry stints in Windows Mobile land (both a Mogul and an Ace). Palm is dying. Even though my 755p was new, the machine was still old and crash-prone. App developers had jumped ship for the iPhone long ago and ... no multitasking. Seriously. Take a phone call, goodbye web browser. Out of desperation I went to Blackberry+BPS ... my God it's simply amazing. It doesn't crash, it doesn't break, everything is integrated, and it JUST WORKS. Try saying that for Palm, Windows Mobile (Wait, now my phone has a Registry to corrupt?), and the all-glitz and no function iPhone.
    12-31-08 03:20 AM
    Sprint sent me a reminder at the beginning of November that I'd had my old phone long enough to qualify for a replacement. I didn't think too much about it until the day after Thanksgiving. My mother was at Best Buy looking at phones (she's with Verizon), so I wondered over to the area with the phones carried by Sprint. I looked at all of them, but the Blackberry Curve (8330) caught my eye. The idea of being able to get online and have easy access to my email appealed to me. What sealed the deal was finding out that for $10 more a month than I'd been paying I could get unlimited data, text, and a lot of other things.
    12-31-08 05:08 AM
    Email mainly. I hate checking it constantly - now I know when it arrives =)
    12-31-08 08:00 AM
    My main client was getting all Blackberry devices, so I decided to make my personal phone a BB, partly for knowledge's sake, and partly because I wanted something more than a "dumb phone" and had had enough bad experiences with WinMo devices (which is the only thing my company will provide, so I couldn't actually get a work phone that helped me learn things for my job).
    12-31-08 08:00 AM
    1) Looking for a great phone w/ great email.

2) Wanted to stay w/ Alltel for circle plan.

3) Best choice w/ Alltel is BB Curve 8330.

12-31-08 11:47 AM
    I had an early Palm III with Stylus Input and I hated it. Entering texts simply didn't work and took way too long. Then I decided that I will never get another PDA/smartphone if the mode for entering is not drastically improved.

After several years I found the BlackBerry.....and when the first consumer model became available with my Carrier....I just had to get it. And since then I don't want to go back to any other mobile phone
    01-01-09 01:56 PM
    The 1st time I know and dying to get a BB was when I read this one novel that all the events and everything that happened on the character was told on her emails from her bb device to her friend when she was on a holiday, each pages of the novel are email archives. I was stunned.
    Bt by then the providers in my country didn't offer the services for the device, so I didn't buy it.
    But when the service is provided in here, I bought a bb.
    And I really use it for my works.

I'm a stylist freelancer and bb has really helped me. I really save time by sending photos for approval from my device and it made responses faster and easier to be done.

I couldn't imagine myself without this anymore

And also personal relationships with my friends are so much easier through IMs and sending holiday pics or asking for opinion on something as simple as a t-shirt to my friends through emails

01-01-09 03:11 PM
    My first BB was a 7130e - I was attracted to the reliability and the push email at the time. The WM devices were prone to crashing, so it really was a no-brainer for me....
    01-01-09 03:18 PM
    The love for texting/email and the full keyboard got my attention. Then the mobile apps like facebook and the ability to read articles on my phone really got me going. I'll definitely be a lifer because they make a good product and are always improving things.
    01-01-09 05:19 PM
    I bought it because I knew blackberry was an awesome tool for business, and for fun too.

01-02-09 03:40 PM
    I got one free with a car rental. hooked ever since.
    01-02-09 04:02 PM
    When I was 13(2 years ago) I found a bb 8800 in the museum of natural history,I really loved how it looked like so I took it.I was gonna give it back but after 5 tries of putting the passwrd in the blackberry cleared itself.the fone lasted me for 2 years which is a surpris since it fell out my pocket while riding my bike luckily it was still attached to earphones but it dragged for about 2 miles then the ball fell out and half the keyboard ripped out.eventually I wanted more,more features such as the camera and wi fi so I bought the bold 3 months ago and still not a scratch (woot)
    01-02-09 09:28 PM
    I started with treos as my pda addiction but it wasn't that long ago so the palm interface got old fast. I felt like I was using software that was designed for a tandy computer. I soon upgraded to the simply everything plan through sprint and bought an 800w, boy was that a mistake. 5 months of constant battery pulling and horrid battery life.
    I always knew a lot of people that owned and swore by blackberry's and they have to be good if it is the phone of choice for most buisness's across the globe. So since I like the color red I saw the red 8330 and found out the SEP plan covered BIS and my love started there.
    I will never go back to a palm unleSs they change their OS like they were supposed to 3 yrs ago.

01-02-09 11:54 PM
    I had a Voyager last year. The kid who sat behind me in history had a Pearl, and he explained to me why his phone, although small, was better than mine. Interested, I looked it up when I got home and found Crackberry. I had never considered it a possibility, since my dad refused to even pay $5 for the internet on my old enV, but I worked my way up to it. We paid $15/mo for my Voyager internet, and then I told him, "It's only $15 more for the data package!" I offered to pay for it, but he has yet to ask for any compensation.

I bought my Pearl on eBay, sold the Voyager for the same amount I bought the Pearl, and the rest is history. Most of my friends hate my phone and hated my Pearl, but I could care less. I love Blackberries.
    01-03-09 12:00 AM
    I got my first BB abot a year ago, a used 7130G off ebay. I was looking for a Windows Moblie device, but couldn't pass on the price of the 7130G. I signed up to a data plan about six months ago, and love it! The only problem i have with my BB is what model to replace it with, Bold, 8900, 88XX.....
    01-03-09 08:33 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD