Hey everyone!

I'm really excited to see what RIM will be showing off at BB10 Jam Americas in a couple weeks! I know last year was a bit of a disappointment considering the expectations and what was shown off, but it's not like we haven't gotten surprises there before. The PlayBook announcment in 2010 was pretty surprising.

So, is there anything specfic we can expect to see this year? I'm sure we'll be seeing more of PlayBook OS 2.1 release timetables and features, BlackBerry OS 7.1 support, and lots of developers sharing their experiences developing for the PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 using Cascades. I also expect to see a lot of Android developers on-hand to showcase just how easy it is to port apps to BB10.

I highly doubt we'll get to see any new devices, but is it totally out of the question that we'll see anything new out of the conference? Maybe a plan laid out for the eventual rollout of BB10?
    09-13-12 02:46 PM
    I expect more BB10 demos, more apps being shown off, more Devs showing how easy BB10 is, and updates for Dev Tools.

I feel like 2.1 will be released on the 25th (wish it was sooner), but won't be a main event
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    09-13-12 03:09 PM
    I expect more BB10 demos, more apps being shown off, more Devs showing how easy BB10 is, and updates for Dev Tools.

I feel like 2.1 will be released on the 25th (wish it was sooner), but won't be a main event
    I agree. It seems like OS 2.1 is just a stopgap until we get BB10 on the PlayBook. To be honest, it feels like these updates to the PlayBook OS are a bit hollow because we know that something much bigger will be coming eventually.

The BB10 stuff makes me really excited!
    09-13-12 03:14 PM
    I think they really need to show which major apps are coming to the platform. They can still have a couple of surprises up their sleeve but if Skype, Netflix, Adobe (better acrobat reader) are on board, show us now.
    09-13-12 08:57 PM
    Whatever happens at the Jam needs to be huge. Though BB has lost a chuck of its users, America is still watching. Whether its to finally see RIM die or see them get back to making top notch devices.

Im talking several demos, big announcements, HUGE surprise features. This is where and when they need to plant the BB10 bug in the minds of consumers and tech Bloggers.

With many people not to ecstatic about iPhone 5, this is the time to capture their attention. Im sure Windows and Google are aware of the situation and are looking to capitalize.

Put up or shut up RIM

Sent from Bold 9930 #blackberrybychoice
    Last edited by walt63; 09-13-12 at 09:20 PM.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    09-13-12 09:16 PM
    Watch out for the "vaporware" posters on this thread. *smh*
    09-13-12 09:25 PM
    Whatever happens at the Jam needs to be huge. Though BB has lost a chuck of its users, America is still watching. Whether its to finally see RIM die or see them get back to making top notch devices.

Im talking several demos, big announcements, HUGE surprise features. This is where and when they need to plant the BB10 bug in the minds of consumers and tech Bloggers.

With many people not to ecstatic about iPhone 5, this is the time to capture their attention. Im sure Windows and Google are aware of the situation and are looking to capitalize.

Put up or shut up RIM

While I agree that RIM needs to build the excitement for BB10, I do think that they still need to keep some secrets until just before launch. They need to be selective in what they reveal. We need to remember that this is a developer conference, not a consumer event. I expect to see a lot of BB10, but not so much that the average consumer would be interested in. Though I'm sure it'll be enough for us BB die-hard fans to be super excited for January!

If I'm not mistaken, RIM will be announcing their devices before launch come early next year. That's when we should have a full disclosure of devices and features. Not too early but early enough before launch. I think this keeps people enticed without the devices growing stale before launch.
    09-13-12 09:45 PM
    While I agree that RIM needs to build the excitement for BB10, I do think that they still need to keep some secrets until just before launch. They need to be selective in what they reveal. We need to remember that this is a developer conference, not a consumer event. I expect to see a lot of BB10, but not so much that the average consumer would be interested in. Though I'm sure it'll be enough for us BB die-hard fans to be super excited for January!

I 100% agree. It doesnt have to be the whole kit and caboodle but definitely enough to create positive buzz.

FlashFlare11 likes this.
    09-14-12 11:12 AM
    After their recent (albeit overblown by the media) minute outage; RIM needs to get something to the public or face further scrutiny. No more keeping secrets. The iPhone 5 is available, we know what MS has in store from both Nokia and HTC. It shouldn't really matter what happens between now and the official release.

If RIM has their staff working 6 days there has to be something to show for it instead of all these leaks.
    09-21-12 12:42 PM
    They will show the same stuff they showed every where else. Why do you expect something new just because they are in a different place? Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    JR A likes this.
    09-21-12 01:02 PM
    Why not expect something new? We (I shouldn't speak for everyone) but I personally am growing tiresome of the leaks, the protoypes, the renders, and the rumors. The new concept that people are looking forward to is seeing it all in action on a 100% fully functional consumer device. Not the Dev Alpha.
    09-21-12 02:33 PM
    they will move the BB10 launch date up I know wishful thinking.
    09-21-12 03:01 PM
    If I would guess

- Boast about BlackBerry have over 70 million users
    - Boast how much developers make on the BlackBerry platform
    - BlackBerry 10 is on track for Q1 2013 with no specific date
    - More BlackBerry 10 teasers, features announced
    09-21-12 04:19 PM
    If I would guess

Watch you be correct.
    09-21-12 06:34 PM

If I'm not mistaken, RIM will be announcing their devices before launch come early next year. That's when we should have a full disclosure of devices and features. Not too early but early enough before launch. I think this keeps people enticed without the devices growing stale before launch.
    Given the huge amount of things they are trying to deliver, they could very well have huge teaser and still keep surprises for launch. They could for example give us the L and keep the N when the L comes out

Demo of the N???? I doubt it but I dream of it
    Dapper37 likes this.
    09-23-12 03:12 PM
    If I would guess

This is the likely outcome, unfortunately.
    09-23-12 03:25 PM
    Low expections... same old... same old....
    09-23-12 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD