Hey, a lot of you guys might have the same question in your mind. What is BlackBerry doing with their devices?
    Just take a look at the Z10 (first BB10 device) and the recently released Leap. Just see their difference. The both differ only in size though both have an age gap of over 2 years. Take any other BB10 device (except the Passport) and you will again see ALMOST the same specs. In a competitive world where specs matter a lot, what exactly does they at BB have in mind?
    Actually when someone asks what has BB devices improved in the last two years, the only thing we could say is SOFTWARE. That's it!
    Recently they at CB did a poll on whether you'll be buying a Leap and a large ,very large margin said NO!
    Seriously are BB only aiming HARDCORE BB fans? Is that the case?
    04-17-15 10:31 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry is focusing on "hard core users "at all, let alone with the leap. In fact it appears as if they are going after young professionals outside of North America.

Nevertheless, if you want to talk specs...lets see what they bring to the table with the new slider. I'm expecting big things...but again...I don't expect them to be going after "hard core users". That will just happen imo

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    CDM76, bungaboy and IndianTiwari like this.
    04-17-15 10:37 PM
    Highly spec-ed devices are the BEST is a myth created by Samsung and likes to pocket your money onto them.

Unfortunately most of us are not aware of that. In effect Nokia died in that dilemma. At least BlackBerry is not.

Software is what matters. Maybe after two to three versions of software, a hardware upgrade is required. That is the optimum imo.
    04-17-15 10:56 PM
    Highly spec-ed devices are the BEST is a myth created by Samsung and likes to pocket your money onto them.

Unfortunately most of us are not aware of that. In effect Nokia died in that dilemma. At least BlackBerry is not.

Software is what matters. Maybe after two to three versions of software, a hardware upgrade is required. That is the optimum imo.
    BlackBerry 10 OS is just a baby when compared to android or iOS. It's got its own flaws. The only way to outrun these flaws nowadays is with greater performance. And we all know that BlackBerry devices are never great performers or multitaskers.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 11:02 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry is focusing on "hard core users "at all, let alone with the leap. In fact it appears as if they are going after young professionals outside of North America.

Nevertheless, if you want to talk specs...lets see what they bring to the table with the new slider. I'm expecting big things...but again...I don't expect them to be going after "hard core users". That will just happen imo

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    Young professionals? You're saying as if they have no other option other than to buy the Leap. It is a competitive world. We all should understand that. I bought the Z10 for that hefty price tag of 600$ when it first came out just to regret avoiding my iPhone. I've used the Z30 as well as the Q10. They always lose in a direct battle.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 11:07 PM
    So tell me how to handle email attachments in iOS.

Tell me how to handle app permissions in Android.

We can do back and forth but at the end of the day BlackBerry is not going behind consumers who want the next best thing already. They are well focused on enterprise sector and imo they are on course.
    04-17-15 11:19 PM
    What exactly is the OP doing???
    04-17-15 11:32 PM
    So tell me how to handle email attachments in iOS.

Tell me how to handle app permissions in Android.

We can do back and forth but at the end of the day BlackBerry is not going behind consumers who want the next best thing already. They are well focused on enterprise sector and imo they are on course.
    But how could they survive in this world just by focusing on the enterprise sector. Every enterprise user has a personal device as well. But that need not be a BlackBerry. Why aren't they targeting other sectors. I mean this is not 2007. People are doing whatever they could with a smartphone and they always look for the better option.
    I'm not saying that BlackBerry OS 10 hasn't got any good aspects but people prefer an ALL ROUNDER.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 11:32 PM
    People has got options and the only thing that makes them choose BlackBerry is its legacy.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 11:51 PM
    I think, for now, the consumer market is not an option. Everybody wants a high spec phone (4 gig ram, highest processor, biggest screen, all the apps ) but want it cheap. People say Blackberry should build it, but dont dare ask a premium price for it , since they are Blackberry...do they want Blackberry to survive? Do they think Blackberry is garbage? People want a thousand dollars worth of tech for 199 dollars. Blackberry is a communication device, all the other stuff is icing on the cake. if an app loaded a second or two longer, does that qualify as a fail?Even if they put "cutting edge" specs ..the highest this, the fastest that, then what? "they don't have the apps i need". People will still find a reason to knock them. They want a wafer thin phone, but battery life would suck, bigger battery, thicker phone..more complaining. It's funny, people said "they should spec up a phone and see what happens. Well, they came with the Passport...still not happy.Samsung is trying to give people what they want , high specs,fancy screens. A curved screen, more ram..even supposedly copied the Iphone 6..still want more. People don't seem to see even the mighty Iphone , with it's magical processor and Samsung with all they have, have their own share of major issues too.
    04-18-15 12:07 AM
    I think, for now, the consumer market is not an option. Everybody wants a high spec phone (4 gig ram, highest processor, biggest screen, all the apps ) but want it cheap. People say Blackberry should build it, but dont dare ask a premium price for it , since they are Blackberry...do they want Blackberry to survive? Do they think Blackberry is garbage? People want a thousand dollars worth of tech for 199 dollars. Blackberry is a communication device, all the other stuff is icing on the cake. if an app loaded a second or two longer, does that qualify as a fail?Even if they put "cutting edge" specs ..the highest this, the fastest that, then what? "they don't have the apps i need". People will still find a reason to knock them. They want a wafer thin phone, but battery life would suck, bigger battery, thicker phone..more complaining. It's funny, people said "they should spec up a phone and see what happens. Well, they came with the Passport...still not happy.Samsung is trying to give people what they want , high specs,fancy screens. A curved screen, more ram..even supposedly copied the Iphone 6..still want more. People don't seem to see even the mighty Iphone , with it's magical processor and Samsung with all they have, have their own share of major issues too.
    Exactly, in such a world BlackBerry should move on trying to lessen those complaints other than to keep experimenting on the form factors of their phone keeping the inside same.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    04-18-15 12:13 AM
    So exactly what you "want"?
    04-18-15 12:35 AM
    BlackBerry 10 OS is just a baby when compared to android or iOS. It's got its own flaws. The only way to outrun these flaws nowadays is with greater performance. And we all know that BlackBerry devices are never great performers or multitaskers.

Posted via CB10
    Wait....what? Other than playing games better, my two year old Q10 multi-tasks better than many of colleagues GS 4/5 series phones and iPhones. I guess it all depends on how you use your phone.

Q10/10.2.1.2156 Waiting for my Passport
    04-18-15 12:39 AM
    My point was , you can do all Samsung is trying and still no cigar. What exactly is it that , other than all the apps, your Blackberry is not doing for you that would require a major boost in specs?
    04-18-15 12:57 AM
    I need a device which I could show off to my friends and stop their pitying on BlackBerry and with the current trend among BlackBerry devices I'm not sure that'll happen ever.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 01:53 AM
    I need a device which I could show off to my friends and stop their pitying on BlackBerry and with the current trend among BlackBerry devices I'm not sure that'll happen ever.

You all are BlackBerry fans and the question you all will ask is "why not a BlackBerry? " and the only question I ever faced in my life was "Why a BlackBerry? "

I need to show them that BlackBerry's times are not over and my decision wasn't wrong.
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    phantomenix likes this.
    04-18-15 01:55 AM
    Dont buy a leap then, buy a passport!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    04-18-15 02:15 AM
    In that case I am not SME (Subject Matter Expert)
    04-18-15 02:21 AM
    I think the devices are fine the problem lies with image and lack of "mind share"

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    04-18-15 02:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    If your friends have iphones you can throw the low spec argument right back at them. The spec on that phone have NOT changed very much over the years

04-18-15 02:30 AM
    Lol, I get such comments and looks all the time. Who cares?

If BlackBerry works for me, what else matters? Candy Crush Saga players can look elsewhere.

I normally scale a phone's smartness by how less I am interacting with it, automating some processes, efficient notification handling and such. For example with Hub, Priority Hub along with apps like Spam Box and Inbox Zero, Followup mail, my email management is as efficient as a desktop MS outlook. But hey, that is my opinion.

For show off, like the poster above, Passport is well positioned for that.
    04-18-15 02:47 AM
    If your friends have iphones you can throw the low spec argument right back at them. The spec on that phone have NOT changed very much over the years

IPhone 's processor requires less input..

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 02:50 AM
    Lol, I get such comments and looks all the time. Who cares?

If BlackBerry works for me, what else matters? Candy Crush Saga players can look elsewhere.

I normally scale a phone's smartness by how less I am interacting with it, automating some processes, efficient notification handling and such. For example with Hub, Priority Hub along with apps like Spam Box and Inbox Zero, Followup mail, my email management is as efficient as a desktop MS outlook. But hey, that is my opinion.

For show off, like the poster above, Passport is well positioned for that.
    Works for you...but there won't be many "you"s out there who are perfectly happy with their BlackBerry...anyway thanks for your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 02:52 AM
    I'm sorry..you seem like a nice guy and I'm assuming you are a very young person. But you are basing some type of self esteem on what your friends consider what their idea of a cool PHONE you should be carrying. I think that's a problem with some who carry a Blackberry have...I need jacked up specs so i can JUSTIFY MY CHOICE... Why does anyone need to do that? If it works , that's all that matters. The only lacking Blackberry has are the multitudes of apps. If people think their choice in whatever in life is the only right choice and everybody else has something wrong with them because of their choices is delusional...that's a word that is thrown around here a lot, mainly at folks that are happy with Blackberry...I think that is ignorant to say that about people just because they don't agree with those persons opinion..now who is delusional. I don't need super specs in my phone to justify my choice..Blackberry will always be my choice as long as they are around . Trust me, even if Blackberry super specs their phones, your friends will still tease.. Be your own person and make your own choices without worrying about the silliness that comes from others mouths.
    04-18-15 04:10 AM
    BlackBerry has there hands full on new BES 12 and Cloud and also new features like Aplle Carplay and it's all about software and services and they are some genius working on a new Phone of 2-3 at the moment to make the Phone they wanted tou build
    04-18-15 04:51 AM
91 123 ...