What does the red circle with the white star IN IT means when is above the icon of SMS?????
    02-05-09 07:02 PM
    That you have a new SMS message...?
    02-05-09 07:07 PM
    Goes away if you open the message box but don't actually open the message.
    02-05-09 07:09 PM
    That you have a new SMS message...?
    Its for ANY type of message, whether it's SMS, MMS, E-mail, etc.
    02-05-09 07:10 PM
    I dont have messeges.not in my texts not in my emails.not in nothing.why does that circle still shows in the icon of SMS?? something has to be wrong.its alerting me of somehting but not text or emails
    02-05-09 07:15 PM
    Check your saved messages folder. There might be an unread message in there. Matter of fact, check all the folders to see if there's an unread message.
    02-05-09 07:20 PM
    in my SMS folder everything is empty.i got nothing going on in the mean time because i just got this phone yesturday.
    02-05-09 07:26 PM
    Its for ANY type of message, whether it's SMS, MMS, E-mail, etc.
    He said for the SMS icon.
    02-05-09 07:27 PM
    Press the menu button, go to View Folders and go through each one just in case there is an unread message in there.

Of course, when in doubt, do a battery pull...

The Phoneking has spoken...
    02-05-09 07:28 PM
    He said for the SMS icon.
    True, but depending if he has a separate SMS & MMS icon, or all messages strewn together (usually the default), it could be any type of message.
    02-05-09 07:29 PM
    This happens to me once in awhile for my messages and my facebook app. The only way it goes away is if I do a battery pull/soft reset. A little annoying but there are worse things out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 07:29 PM
    let us know if any of those work...
    02-05-09 08:15 PM
    True, but depending if he has a separate SMS & MMS icon, or all messages strewn together (usually the default), it could be any type of message.
    If they were all strewn together wouldn't it be the messages icon and not the sms icon?
    02-05-09 08:17 PM
    If they were all strewn together wouldn't it be the messages icon and not the sms icon?
    If it's strewn together, then there would be only 1 messaging icon for SMS, MMS and E-mail all together (as well as a notification on the e-mail icons). There is an option in the Messaging program where you can either have your SMSes and MMSes in a separate program, or all together.
    02-05-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD