I'm running OS 422170 right now.
    06-05-08 11:01 AM
    It's a considerably more comprehensive player I suppose. But, I could live withthe OEM generally.

Main thing I like tho, is that on my 8830we, MiuTunes deals with large albums better. With some that I had that were like 80 songs, the OEM player would just sit and take for ever to read all of them and it would bog down to a crawl while moving around in, or in/out of the program while doing other tasks.

MiuTunes functions quickly and doesnt bog down.
    06-05-08 11:31 AM
    Miutunes gives you a music player that has "coverflow" like the iphone. It also allows you to download album artwork directly to your blackberry. Other than that it gives you some other sort options for your music such as playlists, and sort by year.

It is more of an "eye candy" interface vs. the standard player. That is about it.
    06-05-08 11:35 AM
    Miutunes gives you a music player that has "coverflow" like the iphone. It also allows you to download album artwork directly to your blackberry. Other than that it gives you some other sort options for your music such as playlists, and sort by year.

It is more of an "eye candy" interface vs. the standard player. That is about it.
    I was thinking that the only functional edge would be playlists and single song repeat.

06-05-08 11:50 AM
    Yes, there are way too many keypresses but the playlist function is very important to me. It desperately needs and equalizer, left-right balance, and a few other things.
    06-07-08 12:00 PM
    Why not download the FREE trial, and see for yourself? That is the best way to decide if you like/would use something.

Not sure why some people think it "needs" an equalizer or left/right balance. Do you think it needs front/back balance as well... surround sound?

I tend to find the tracks laid down by the pros just fine on the CDs I buy, and don't need to distort their fine work. Not only that, but since the sound come from one speaker (I don't use headphones, for that I have a stereo), balance would be useless.

I really enjoy using MiuTunes, and think it has a lot of great functionality beyond the default player. To get the most from it, learn the shortcut keys (very easy to do, as they make sense), and use the BB DM to rip the music from your CDs so they are tagged properly.
    06-07-08 02:44 PM
    I thought the 'free' ended?
    06-07-08 03:10 PM
    They give 7 day trials now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 03:12 PM
    well then
    06-07-08 03:15 PM
    ok my sonar just went off (got the link to download)
    06-07-08 03:16 PM
    ok my sonar just went off (got the link to download)

here you go. MiuTunes - Transform your BlackBerry into a cool MP3 player
    06-07-08 04:01 PM
    the sonar sound is for incoming messages
    06-07-08 04:10 PM
    Fonebrkr (or anyone else who might know), I see you are a Storm owner. Is this app compatible with the Storm?
    12-17-08 10:43 PM
    Why not download the FREE trial, and see for yourself? That is the best way to decide if you like/would use something.

Not sure why some people think it "needs" an equalizer or left/right balance. Do you think it needs front/back balance as well... surround sound?

I tend to find the tracks laid down by the pros just fine on the CDs I buy, and don't need to distort their fine work. Not only that, but since the sound come from one speaker (I don't use headphones, for that I have a stereo), balance would be useless.

I really enjoy using MiuTunes, and think it has a lot of great functionality beyond the default player. To get the most from it, learn the shortcut keys (very easy to do, as they make sense), and use the BB DM to rip the music from your CDs so they are tagged properly.
    I think it's important while giving an opinion on this application to make the public aware that the MiuTunes developers provided you with a free license.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD