second time i have gotten this in my e-mail. anyone know what it actually does?

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and the associated server. Please do no delete, move, or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server."

then it has a couple lines of code and it has a etp.DAT file attached.

What does it actually do though?
    03-17-09 10:57 AM
    i got this when i set my blackberry to sync email through desktop manager. Once i got rid of that setting all of those stopped and they havent happened again. Though i did all that at the same time i upgraded my curve so i dont really know which one fixed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 11:00 AM
    It's used for setting up a BES server with the BB. Is this a work phone?
    03-17-09 11:07 AM
    It's used for setting up a BES server with the BB. Is this a work phone?
    no, this is a personal phone.

its through verizon and does not have the corporate provisioning. i'm paying 29.99 a month for the bb service NOT 44.99
    03-17-09 11:35 AM
    When you set up your Desktop manager, did you set it up for BIS? Or the other option who's name escapes me at the moment?

It sounds like, since it's not on BES, it could be attempting to replicate using the desktop manager... I can't think of the exact settings or wording, and I'm at work so I can't check right now, but, hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about and correct me.

The desktop redirector maybe? Make sure that's not enabled.
    03-17-09 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD