Hi All,

First let me start off by saying I'm in no way trying to fuel any flames here, I really just don't get the value of the push services, and my carrier couldn't really explain it.

A friend of mine got an 8830 and showed it to me, gave it a very strong recommendation so I purchased a sprint 8830 in January, and have had nothing but positive things to say.

But when I still try and explain the value of the $30 - $40 extra a month for the Blackberry (BIS) package on top of the normal voice service to people, I find myself lacking the information. I know this is changing with the carriers offering all you can eat deals.

Why do I have to pay for Rim to proxy my mail? What is the benefit of that over my phone checking directly with my mail sever. Is it that push is less draining on the battery, although I assume there is still some basic communication going on periodically.

Also, with all the recent outages, this seems to actually be bigger problem. Am I missing something, and I am sure I am, but what exactly is the extra money a month I pay for the blackberry package do for me?

Finally, let me say this. It's worth it. I don't care what it does or doesn't do for me, after using the 8830 for a couple of months, if they said it's a tax to use the phone I wouldn't care, it's a great device and I'm a very happy customer.

Thanks

Pep
    04-12-08 09:29 AM
    Push does the work for you instead of you having to check your mail all the time. It pushes the mail you get as soon as you get it to you. So for business users or folks who need their email critcally is what its for. Also you're getting web/data service along with your BIS.
    04-12-08 09:34 AM
    You still need internet to access your email directly through your mail server....

I love receiving my mail as soon as it comes in... I buy/sell and like to respond as quickly as possible. A lot of people on CB email me and ask questions and I can respond with quickly. I don't want to play a guessing game on whether I received an email or not.

I use BB messenger.

Reliable and stable internet... Im not restarting my device because the page I loaded couldn't be handled by my device (like windows mobile)
    04-12-08 09:39 AM
    Congrats on your converting to the BB!! Welcome...
    04-12-08 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD