After seeing the review for the MS Surface, I felt like there was a few things that the Playbook could have done to present it's full multitasking functions. What are some things you would like to see in the a new Playbook?

Here are mine (just from Surface):
    -USB
    -SD card
    -other swipe gestures?
    -SPLIT SCREEN(really to show off the power of full multitasking.)
    10-27-12 02:02 AM
    I too would enjoy a splitscreen feature, I would also enjoy having usb/micro sd and an LED on the back for a flash light lol, just like the phones

one thing software wise (other than all the stuff we already knowBB 10 will bring) would be an onscreen mouse-pointer-thingy which would fulfill the function of a trackpad since even with a large touchscreen, it isn't as easy as on a BB to click a link on a clutered page without zooming kn and some webpages require "pointer hover" functions for example some menus can only be accesed when a pointer is on the menu button but not clicked, as of now this can be achieved through Bridge with a BB trackpad or touchscreen or with a bluetooth mouse on the PB.

There are more things which I would like to see but those should be enough!
    10-27-12 03:46 AM
    Yup,

Flashlight on the back,
    SD Card/USB dock
    Split Screen Multitasking

And all by the same price!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-27-12 04:23 AM
    Thinner and lighter
    10-27-12 05:39 AM
    Seeing the potential of BB10 and active frames, wouldn't it be interesting if you can re-size the active frames to fit on to your screen on playbook? Especially if RIM comes out with a 10 inch playbook and we'll see more room to work with in re-sizing the frames.
    10-27-12 11:33 AM
    USB OTG to connect to a thumb drive
    Docs to Go that is compatible with the latest Excel
    Last edited by jafobabe; 10-28-12 at 05:23 PM.
    10-27-12 06:07 PM
    BBM

IMAP folders with longer than a 30 day life span.
    10-27-12 06:09 PM
    A full-functioned browser for chrissakes.
    10-27-12 06:15 PM
    [QUOTE=CairnsRock;7698666]BBM

IMAP folders with longer than a 30 day life span.[/QUOTE boobs
    10-27-12 06:16 PM
    Hmmm...I would like to see BB10 on my PlayBook.
    10-27-12 06:18 PM
    To have new updates not screw up things you've just sorted out.

Upgraded to .1088 on Friday night and now cannot add any data to PB via USB or Wifi.
    10-27-12 06:20 PM
    Yeah I agree with the glitches. I'm not sure if it is a RIM thing or do all other platforms do this too (I only own Blackberries). Recently I discovered I cannot open up gmail on my browser. It continues to refresh the page and the browser gets stuck.
    To have new updates not screw up things you've just sorted out.

Upgraded to .1088 on Friday night and now cannot add any data to PB via USB or Wifi.
    10-27-12 10:54 PM
    I'd like if they kept the overall size the same(maybe thinner), but made the screen a little bigger. And I would love to be able to have a keyboard on a hinge without a kickstand, although I understand balancing the weight is difficult.
    10-28-12 09:41 AM
    Maybe change from 7 inch to 8.9 inchs. The blackberry ecosystem isn't strong enough to carry two seperate tablets yet so giving a good inbetween option would in mymind be the best compromise.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    10-28-12 09:44 AM
    - Removeable storage
    - Autofocus cameras
    - high res/ppi display
    - fix all the little freezes and stutters than seem to creep up way too often
    10-28-12 10:25 AM
    If i'm going to have things my way, I'll say it this way:

RIM should, by all means stay with the current PlayBook lineup because its more than adequate as a simple consumption device.

If this was a dreamland, all I'll ask for RIM to do is to release a "laptop" module. It should be shaped exactly like PlayBook in terms of dimensions, only that you replace the screen with a keyboard (like the Keyboard for PlayBook). It should come with a dock to snap on the PlayBook nicely via the HDMI and MiniUSB, and voila, you get a PlayBook-laptop. More space, more connectivity (USB ports), better processor (so that the heavy duty stuff is done by the proccessor in the laptop-module) and definitely much more battery.

that way, even if both the playBook and the laptop-module may both be out of date, users can choose to lengthen either one's life by buying a new PlayBook or a new laptop module.

That is, in a dreamworld.

====================

In reality that we share, I would like to see RIM going brute-force with the new PlayBook specs. The rumoured Intel Haswell Chip (which can [and proven to] run Skyrim on full settings on >60fps) has really good processing power but uses less energy too. I'll like to see RIM adopting that processing power.

Then, just to add insult, 2-4GB RAM just because RIM can. I know that QNX isn't as RAM intensive as Android would be, but having 2-4GB means no worries on ported stuff, and expandibility of usability (more robust and versatile)

On the OS and software front, I'll like to see it much more optimized, so that processsing power efficiency is increased (as such, many dual / multi-core devices, despite running on full capacity, doesn't equate to efficient usage of the cores, especially when one look at Android) so that RIM can market its processing power on leverage just like how AMD's domination in the 90s (Intel could throw everything it has, but AMD despite having a 'slower' processor outguns Intel at that time) so even on the same hardware compared to rivals, RIM can be assured of a certain guaranteed performance advantage.

Examples of other "brute-forcing" the engineering of PlayBook's capabilities (or any RIM's efforts on their tablet offerings) are such as:
    1. Having a browser that surpasses any desktop browser in terms of stability, usability, perfomance. (not theorical performance only, but also real time usage)
    2. Desktop productivity programs such as office suites, media creation, to be on par with desktop counterparts.

that's how i look, and feel at what i want to see in a new playbook.
    10-28-12 10:27 AM
    Better excel and word applications

also

A file manager that is not complete garbage. Mabey that licensing agreement with microsoft for FAT32 will solve that problem.
    10-28-12 10:37 AM
    Better excel and word applications

also

A file manager that is not complete garbage. Mabey that licensing agreement with microsoft for FAT32 will solve that problem.
    one part is already there, EXFAT.

i wonder about the office suite though. They had Docs2Go, but i'm not sure if the possessed entity is working on making the BB10 office suite on par with desktop versions of competitors' office suites.
    Gatmyer likes this.
    10-28-12 10:47 AM
    one part is already there, EXFAT.

Thanks I'll check that out

Opps thats what I meant EXFAT not FAT32
    10-28-12 10:50 AM
    RIM really needs to straighten out it's native email - there is frankly no excuse for what they now have on the Playbook....
    ...It's like an amature company who didn't know anything about email was contracted to provide the code for the Playbook!
    10-28-12 11:02 AM
    Hardware
    LED flash
    fix the low battery charging issues(stack charging or anything like it should never be necessary)
    make the USB port orientation obvious to the eye.
    loose some grams

Software
    all things required to make it a fully functional phone including dialer with sip client and Bluetooth headset profile support
    FLAC audio support
    on/off controls for GPS, NFC, cellular...
    SMB client
    Task module for the PIM

Performance
    The IO performance of the Playbook is pathetic.
    Make it faster so that I can shift lots of data quickly via SMB/USB or SMB/WiFi or SMB/4G etc....

Philosophy
    give the user a hierarchical file system(not sure if there is an upgrade path from the current situation though)
    10-28-12 11:14 AM
    what do you guys think about working with SONY? They have quite an ecosystem with the PS3 (matching the xbox with Windows 8) and all the movies including 3D TVs and recently, compared to Apple, and Samsung, they're not doing so well either but their products are still pretty legit. What do you think?
    toneytone likes this.
    10-28-12 02:06 PM
    Same size/more screen
    Better screen resolution
    Removable storage
    Much faster processor
    Better rear face camera
    PARENTAL CONTROLS
    10-28-12 04:22 PM