View Poll Results: What Platform do you use?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry

44 81.48%
  • Android

8 14.81%
  • IOS

2 3.70%
    What do you use and why did you pick that platform?
    03-29-11 12:17 PM
    At the moment I use Android. I switched in July of 2010 because there seemed to be some pretty bad-*** Android devices coming out on T-Mo at the time (I started w/ the Vibrant). I needed something w/ a bigger screen & better browsing experience. I never thought I would get such a multitasking powerhouse. I'm loving it at the moment, but I don't wish any ill-will toward RIM & the blackberry platform. As I've mentioned in other threads, the QNX devices could really be an ace in the hole for RIM.
    03-29-11 12:26 PM
    Probably gonna be a RIM landslide posting that here, BUT we shall see.
    diegonei likes this.
    03-29-11 12:36 PM
    Back on BB after going to Windows Mobile, iPhone, Android and now back to BB. Liked my iPhone, too bad not available for Sprint or i'd still be using it, couldn't stand Android, so back BB AGAIN and loving it.
    03-29-11 01:28 PM
    Blackberry, though I considered the droid pro big time.

I am open to anything, at the moment however, BBs are working for me and my needs.

If I see something come out for android and it looks good, I'll get it. ATM I like candy bar qwerty phones
    03-29-11 01:29 PM
    The main reason why I use BlackBerry is because it offers the best 2-way sync with Outlook.

Android requires use of Google Sync or paid 3rd-party software such as CompanionLink to sync with Outlook.
    03-29-11 01:51 PM
    hey can we make this a sticky? lol....
    03-29-11 03:11 PM
    I have a Blackberry.. I mainly stick with it for BBM and the small things that it does really well.

I personally don't like the Android platform, my mom has a Droid2 and I just dont' see the benefits it has that my BB can't do.

Regarding iOS, I do have both an iPod Touch 4th gen and an iPad1. So I think I get the best of both worlds with iOS and BB.
    03-29-11 03:13 PM
    I can maybe make it a sticky in BB Rehab
    03-29-11 03:16 PM
    Rehab???????
    03-30-11 06:28 AM
    The only reason I ended up with a blackberry was because I needed a phone with bluetooth and my old phone didn't have it. I was also looking to get a modem for access on my laptop and the sales guy told me if I got a bb I could tether it and it would be cheaper than getting another dumb phone and a usb modem.
    03-30-11 06:34 AM
    blackberry and i am so far impressed and happy with it. I have never tried Apple's iPhone like ever because i never saw the need to buy a device that becomes old in a year due to a "spec" upgrade during summer season lol
    03-30-11 09:12 AM
    Been on HTC WinMo phones, iPhone, Nokia E71, iPhone ... Finally decided to get BB because need tool for mails, texts, IMs and calls, and prefer device with real qwerty and real multitasking. BBerry (almost) perfectly fits my needs.
    Not very happy with the lack of alternatives for skype chat - somehow dont like IM+ but can't find anything else
    03-30-11 09:48 AM
    Been on HTC WinMo phones, iPhone, Nokia E71, iPhone ... Finally decided to get BB because need tool for mails, texts, IMs and calls, and prefer device with real qwerty and real multitasking. BBerry (almost) perfectly fits my needs.
    Not very happy with the lack of alternatives for skype chat - somehow dont like IM+ but can't find anything else
    Does BB have an imo.im app? This is my preferred app for skype chat on Android.
    03-30-11 09:52 AM
    After four years with Blackberry, I'm now using Android.

Better browser, email, messaging, navigation, calendar, keyboard, media, camera, apps, call quality, screen.
    03-30-11 09:57 AM
    BlackBerry, as clich� as it may sound, i use the BBM to communicate with Family when i'm deployed elsewhere.
    Next one is the battery life. in addition to my Torch i still carry the "company's" curve.
    and yeah i have tried other platforms, i used an iphone up to the 3GS line.
    03-30-11 10:03 AM
    Android! Because it does everything better!
    03-30-11 10:06 AM
    Been a 9700 user for a year until last weekend when I picked up my first Android device, the HTC Incredible S. Planning on giving Android a test run and if I like it, I'll get one of the newer Android phones at the end of the year when my contract ends...if not I'll probably pick up one of the new Blackberries releasing.
    03-30-11 11:27 AM
    Android. Its works for me right now so who knows whats next. QNX?
    03-30-11 12:19 PM
    Bravo LeanNSupreme...

I wish I could remember my phone history. Its been about 18 years, so thats what 10 phones? Give or take. The last three have been BB's and I just love the customizing that you can do, and transfer that right over to your brand new BB the day you get it. It makes getting a new phone so much easier.
    03-30-11 12:27 PM
    Lol, Blackberry what else? This is Crackberry.com after all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-30-11 01:01 PM
    I love my BlackBerry and will honestly probably never switch.
    03-30-11 02:43 PM
    BB for me. Used all platforms and for me BB just fits me like a glove.

Android is nice for the glitz and glam, but I have a PSP for that stuff. Everything else I can do just fine on my 9700...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 03:20 PM
    Does BB have an imo.im app? This is my preferred app for skype chat on Android.
    Unfortunately not. I was using IMO.IM on iPhone and use it on iPad as main chat app, mostly skype - great app. Hope it will come to BB soon. Personally don't like IM+, not to mention that it costs ~40 usd.
    03-30-11 06:17 PM
    Where is the option for owning all 3?
    03-30-11 06:29 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD