this might be a stupid question, but i have heard ppl say that I need to do a battery pull like once every week, do you guys mean that i need to physically take the back cover off and take my battery out of my BB once a week? because I dont feel like installing a app. on my BB to do this for me, it saves memory.

thanks
    02-13-09 03:44 PM
    You dont have to do a battery pull once a week if you do not want to. You can wait until you have an issue that needs to be resolved then do it as a first step in the troubleshooting process. I have not taken my battery out in a looong time. I just alt -shft - del and for the most part I have no issues.

Battery pulls are not a bad thing, they actually do alot of good. They fix a wide range of things and you will be doing them sooner or later but scheduling a manual pull for once a week for no reason is silly if you ask me. For the most part you will learn/know when a battery pull is needed
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-13-09 at 03:56 PM.
    02-13-09 03:49 PM
    Yes - it means remove the battery. You can also do a ALT - right SHIFT - DEL. Pretty sure this does the same thing. The battery pull can be a pain if you have a hard case on your device.

This is not mandatory if you close down your apps. But most people hit the red END key and that doesn't really shut down the application. Once a week seems a little much to me. My first blackberry was never rebooted on any regular basis and it was fine. If it seems laggy than I would suggest doing the pull
    02-13-09 03:52 PM
    On my Storm, (I don't know if other models have this) there is an app that simulates a battery pull...if you aren't comfortable physically pulling the battery, check to see if there is one for your phone as well.
    02-13-09 03:58 PM
    Yes - it means remove the battery. You can also do a ALT - right SHIFT - DEL. Pretty sure this does the same thing. The battery pull can be a pain if you have a hard case on your device.

This is not mandatory if you close down your apps. But most people hit the red END key and that doesn't really shut down the application. Once a week seems a little much to me. My first blackberry was never rebooted on any regular basis and it was fine. If it seems laggy than I would suggest doing the pull
    That's only on BB Curves. You can't do that on Pearls...
    02-13-09 04:04 PM
    We all do dumb stuff like loading apps that are not well-designed or well-coded. When you do a real battery pull (leave out for a minute) you force the RIM operating system to reload a fresh copy that will work smoothly. All real, professional hardware/software engineers anticipate this and design their systems to accommodate our transgressions !

Doctor Neutron
    02-13-09 06:56 PM
    download the free app called quickpull from the store, i use it to do my batt pulls so i don't have to take her out of her case, and its a really small memory app, so u dont blow your memory card
    hope this helps!
    02-14-09 09:24 AM
    That's only on BB Curves. You can't do that on Pearls...
    I can do it on my Bold - I guess it's limited to full qwerty keyboards. I didn't check the posters phone model before replying, my bad
    02-14-09 09:27 AM
    I believe it is just a different key combo on the Pearl. I don't know the details because I have never owned a Pearl though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";