I have my stuffbak.com info, so that a thief doesn't also get my address.

I like the ICE entry in the address book idea. Isn't there like a web site somewhere on ICE?

Patrick
    04-23-08 01:44 PM
    Try ICE4Safety(dot)com
    04-23-08 04:15 PM
    Thanks to all you guys!! I now have my ICE, my husbands info in there too! Great post!
    04-23-08 04:17 PM
    Same thing here, name land line and email address. This presumes whoever has your BB is willing to return it

Along similar lines, of the apps available to help locate a missing BB which would you all recommend?
    First off id like to say nice thread! ive learned alot so far.

rstaaf~ you may like this program
    Berry Locator : Retrieve your lost BlackBerry by just sending an email

its a berry finder.
    Very nice, all you do is send your bb email a email.
    (type "findme" in the subject line, and whatever you want your message to be to the alleged theif like "hey fartknocker, bring me my phone")

then it sends it, with a crazy alarm, making your status light and pearl light to flash and it displays your message.

Good for when i pass out on the couch and looose my phone.

~and for the cool thread..
    In my information i have crafty quotes.
    maybe something like "peace, love , n hair grease"
    Thats what i currently have, reason being, cause i text alot...and within text if you type "sig" and press enter.. it displays all of your information. kinda like a tag!

Cheers
    04-23-08 04:40 PM
    I added the ICE number, but also put some line spacing in there so it shows up below the "Keypad is Locked" message.
    04-23-08 04:40 PM
    hmmm. I put my name and my business name. I feel sketchy about putting my digits "out there" like that.

I live in a small town so if the EMT guy doesn't recognize me, someone will thats around. yeah, its THAT small.
    04-23-08 04:42 PM
    I have my ICE info.
    04-23-08 05:06 PM
    Wow, you folks take this way more seriously than I do, or maybe I'm just overconfident about NOT losing my phone...
    All I have here is my handle, my digits, and a message that says, "This device will self-destruct in 10, 9, 8,..."
    04-23-08 05:28 PM
    Mine says my full name, and "International Entrepenuer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 07:28 PM
    My name

GPS enabled... Tracking... Please return to owner.

Contact Info:
    I put my business cell number.

(For my business cell, I put my personal.)
    04-23-08 07:46 PM
    This is what my locked screen looks like (except it has the lock etc.)

I thought the ICE idea was great. For me, it might be very important since I have chronically low platelets which are what clot your blood. =) So, now if I'm unconscious, chances are they will figure this out.

Patrick
    04-25-08 08:20 AM
    Is changing the lock screen something that has to be done as part of the theme?
    04-25-08 09:25 AM
    Ditto for the ICE info
    04-25-08 09:47 AM
    � Name field: My full name and rank, ADF ("ADF" is the acronym for Australian Defence Force - I'm in the Army)
    � Information field: My date-of-birth, blood type and my emergency contact's name/number (stating that it's my wife), seperated by bullets (like in this post).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-08 12:41 AM
    Is changing the lock screen something that has to be done as part of the theme?
    Yes. If you want a certain wallpaper for the lock screen, you have to create your own theme.
    04-26-08 12:46 AM
    Just my name and a Happy Bunny saying:

"I'm happy. Don't wreck it by talking."
    04-26-08 01:35 AM
    haha! mine is far less practical than everyone else's...

mine has my full name on one line. on the next line it says "Crackberry = fresh beats."

uhh. i sort of feel like i should have something useful in there now. :-P
    05-15-08 09:45 PM
    This Device Will Self Destruct in 30 seconds.
    05-15-08 10:01 PM
    mine has my full name on one line. on the next line it says "Crackberry = fresh beats."
    Huh????? And where is the "soth"??????
    05-15-08 11:28 PM
    You might wish to check out Convenience Software: Home of FindIt, find your lost Blackberry even if it's on silent. who make FindIt a $5 piece of softewre that can make you phone, ring, call back anay phone number, send its GPS coordinates and shriek when it is stolen, all by email under your control. Of course if the thief removes the battery and SIM card or wipes the phone then you are dead anyway.
    05-16-08 04:22 AM
    There is something called berry finder which is like lojack and gps for your blackberry. ($30) The only problem is that you have to be invited to join as it is in beta. I found this out in the blackberry for dummies book. If anyone has it, PLEASE invite me so that I can have it!!
    07-25-08 03:27 AM
    I just never lock my berry. Ever. And I just tried to space twice for a period. Silly computer.
    07-25-08 04:01 AM
    Birthday, social security #, favorite color, my astrological sign...
    J/K
    07-25-08 07:46 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD