Hi guys, I travel a lot, so I hook up my device to hotel's wifi to minimize roaming costs. Then I got a lot of failed connections (especially in Hong Kong). I'm wondering why. When I do wifi diagnostics, everything is fine with the connection but my status tells me 'IP address no longer valid'.

Is there anything I could do to connect? Maybe relax my security setting a bit and allow my device to connect with the wifi?

Thanks
    07-20-09 11:39 PM
    Hi guys, I travel a lot, so I hook up my device to hotel's wifi to minimize roaming costs. Then I got a lot of failed connections (especially in Hong Kong). I'm wondering why. When I do wifi diagnostics, everything is fine with the connection but my status tells me 'IP address no longer valid'.

Is there anything I could do to connect? Maybe relax my security setting a bit and allow my device to connect with the wifi?

Thanks
    Either the operator of the Wi-Fi hub has IP addresses set to expire or there is another device on the network that is occupying the same IP address.
    07-20-09 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD