I have unlocked my 8900 curve so it can take a foreign sim for calls/texts but I cannot get data to work for bbm etc. How do I do this? Does my home network sim prevent other foreign sims from using the device for bb data or do I just need to register the device with the foreign operators bb network? Will I need to change the APN settings back or resend the service books when I put my home network sim back in?
    05-01-10 01:26 PM
    The foreign SIM has to have a blackberry plan.
    05-01-10 01:29 PM
    i mean more specifically what do i need to do to be able to get my blackberry to have blackberry services on the foreign sim?

obviously they need to have a blackberry dedicated server of some sort, but do i need to register my blackberry with their network or is it as simple as adding some APN settings?

Does anyone with an unlocked o2 blackberry from the uk managed to use a foreign sim with blackberry services, if so how, what do i need to do specifically?
    06-11-10 06:59 PM
    Yes your BB needs to be registered to the network that your foreign SIM's network. Call them up and add the BlackBerry Data Plan to it. Then go to the carriers BIS site and register your phone through them. The site can be found by googling "carrier BIS"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD