Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By ubizmo
  • 3 Post By cgk
  • 1 Post By shaleem
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What To Do Now.... Hopefully not true!!!!

Currently out of contract on my Tour. So decided to go look at some phones yesterday. After stopping by two national carriers and one regional carrier I was told the say thing at both. They all said they are currently selling thru there inventory of Blackberry phones and have been told that they will not be carrying in the future. Even if BB10 rolls out. Two of them also stated that BB is a dying company.
    So do I hold out till after the first of the year to see what happens or make the jump to Android now(Apple is not an option as I will not drink the kool aide). Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,077 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BD8C4F9

Default Re: What To Do Now.... Hopefully not true!!!!

The last thing any store rep wants to tell a potential customer is "Come back in January or February (or March) and we'll show you the hot new BBs." They'd rather sell you what they have in the store now. They don't care about the few unsold BBs left in the store, and would rather not sell phones that (they believe) are likely to be returned when customers see what else they could have forgotten. So the quickest and easiest thing for them to do is lie.

Bottom line: If you're really interested in BB and don't need to get a new phone now, wait for BB10. If you're not that interested and really want a new phone now, get something else.
  3. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts

Agreed - regardless of what is being discussed, store reps are the last person you want to listen to about... anything.
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,844 Global Posts

There's no way this warranted a new thread. I almost smell troll stink... Name those 2 carriers please. Because all the big ones have BB10 in testing as far as we know
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

To answers a few questions: No I don't need a new phone right now Tour is working fine and I have had a BB of some sorts for the last 7 years. I am planning on waiting till BB10 arrives to get another one.
    Second SlcCorrado the company were ATT Verizon and the regional company is Cellular South.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbpowell View Post
    To answers a few questions: No I don't need a new phone right now Tour is working fine and I have had a BB of some sorts for the last 7 years. I am planning on waiting till BB10 arrives to get another one.
    Second SlcCorrado the company were ATT Verizon and the regional company is Cellular South.
    We already know that AT&T is Lab testing BB10 right now. Don't know about Verizon, but let's just say I'll buy someone a car if Verizon isn't carrying BB10 at launch.
    Remember to RTFM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by dbpowell View Post
    Currently out of contract on my Tour. So decided to go look at some phones yesterday. After stopping by two national carriers and one regional carrier I was told the say thing at both. They all said they are currently selling thru there inventory of Blackberry phones and have been told that they will not be carrying in the future. Even if BB10 rolls out. Two of them also stated that BB is a dying company.
    So do I hold out till after the first of the year to see what happens or make the jump to Android now(Apple is not an option as I will not drink the kool aide). Thanks
    Let me guess, the two people telling this were in the age range of 17 to 26, and are probably on a part time shift. Don't believe it. Store employees do nt know what is coming and going through their inventory. They learn this probably a week or so before, so I am sure your alright for bb10.
    CrackBerry Addict

OP which region are you in?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

South Mississippi
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    PIN
    just ask/soon this will say BBID

99% of ppl on crackberry know more than any carrier "rep" screw'em. BB10 will be on all major carriers
    Check out themidniteedition.wordpress.com for all the latest news and reviews on tech and gaming
    You can also download THE MIDNITE EDITION app for your Z10 or PlayBook or Any Berry running OS 7.1 or older

THE BLACKER THE BERRY, THE SWEETER THE JUICE
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts

I love going to Verizon and checking out phones like the iPhone, or Androids... The looks that they give me when in response to "is your upgrade up, are you looking to buy a new phone today?" I simply say "Yes, my upgrade is up, but I am waiting until January/February to purchase a BlackBerry 10 phone". Their normal response is a weird look and "Aree... you sure? I haven't heard anything of that, are you sure you aren't interested in an android?", "nope, I'm good, just looking around, thanks."

Funny too, last time I went to the store, I was checking out the new iPhone 5, and an employee actually came up to me and asked if I needed any help with anything, and I just said "no thanks, just checking out the new iPhone", and he responded "yeah, it's really not that great, the screen isn't even much bigger, it's just a little bit faster..." I was definitely taken back, first time I have actually been recommended by an employee to NOT buy an iPhone.. We joked around a bit about how many people are simply iSheeps and just buy whatever new products that Apple releases.. I mean they must REALLY be trying to push Android, because I found it absolutely insane that he was telling me how minor of an upgrade the new iPhone was and instead talking about Android phones, unless he was just taking personal preference over trying to make a sale..?
    Hi, I'm Alex Bass - Website Designer, App Developer & Owner of CyberBytes Inc.
    I made the BFB Certified App Web Design Cheat Sheet using Native Cascades. The App is Free - More Info About WDCS
    ___

Web Design/Development Channel - C000BEB17 | WDCS App Channel - C000BEB17 (Sneak Peeks, Leaks, and More)
    Personal Twitter - @Flip4Bytes | Company Twitter - @CyberBytesInc
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by flip4life4751 View Post
    I love going to Verizon and checking out phones like the iPhone, or Androids... The looks that they give me when in response to "is your upgrade up, are you looking to buy a new phone today?" I simply say "Yes, my upgrade is up, but I am waiting until January/February to purchase a BlackBerry 10 phone". Their normal response is a weird look and "Aree... you sure? I haven't heard anything of that, are you sure you aren't interested in an android?", "nope, I'm good, just looking around, thanks."

Funny too, last time I went to the store, I was checking out the new iPhone 5, and an employee actually came up to me and asked if I needed any help with anything, and I just said "no thanks, just checking out the new iPhone", and he responded "yeah, it's really not that great, the screen isn't even much bigger, it's just a little bit faster..." I was definitely taken back, first time I have actually been recommended by an employee to NOT buy an iPhone.. We joked around a bit about how many people are simply iSheeps and just buy whatever new products that Apple releases.. I mean they must REALLY be trying to push Android, because I found it absolutely insane that he was telling me how minor of an upgrade the new iPhone was and instead talking about Android phones, unless he was just taking personal preference over trying to make a sale..?
    I can tell you as a sales rep for Rogers that Rogers has their sales reps push Android and we get paid more for selling Androids. Rogers is now going to start getting sales reps to push Windows phone 8 as well. So I would imagine that if Rogers is pushing Android and now Windows phone 8 than other carriers do as well.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    947 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brandt31chevy View Post
    I can tell you as a sales rep for Rogers that Rogers has their sales reps push Android and we get paid more for selling Androids. Rogers is now going to start getting sales reps to push Windows phone 8 as well. So I would imagine that if Rogers is pushing Android and now Windows phone 8 than other carriers do as well.
    Apple has high demands from carriers and what you are saying implies that android devices have lower per-subscriber fees / overhead... I don't suppose you have figures like how much if anything Rogers pays Apple per subscriber per month, compared to Android devices.
    I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    13,247 Global Posts

I went to my local AT&T here in Chicago about 2 weeks ago and was looking at the new iPhone (out of stock) and the Samsung Galaxy SIII. A rep asked me if I needed help and I told him that I currently have a BlackBerry 9900 but heard RIM was going under so I was checking new phones out. He looked at me and laughed and said that there is no way RIM is going under. He said that they have lost market share in the U.S. but were still very popular here and in other countries. Needless to say, I was surprised that he did not go out of his way to push the other phones. He did say that he thought the Samsung Galaxy SIII was a great device and his personal favorite. Just thought I'd share. I'm still waiting for BB10. I have a feeling that it will be just fine for my needs and that is all that is important to me.
    Deu2e likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by lorax1284 View Post
    Apple has high demands from carriers and what you are saying implies that android devices have lower per-subscriber fees / overhead... I don't suppose you have figures like how much if anything Rogers pays Apple per subscriber per month, compared to Android devices.
    No I don't have any figures
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,522 Global Posts

The way I see it rim is abolute bottom in usa at this point. from now on it is only up for rim.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Default What To Do Now.... Hopefully not true!!!!

In the end, smack a bb10 phone in that same store keeper's face and give him a beating. So much for bb10 not coming out +.+
    8-/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    Thanks For Reading My Post