I have a 9700, just over 2 years old and in prestine condition - I''ve moved over to android though and wonder what I can do with my 9700 now that I don't need it as my phone.

Are there any cool operating systems out there that can allow me to turn my phone into something else? Like a custom operating system / third party OS that can let me use my blackberry as like an email / media center instead of a phone?

Its junk to me now, and I dont need it, but would happily hack it to death with some new software before I bin. Ordinarily I would take it apart and see whats inside / what it's made of, then break it and bin it, but cant be bothered to take it apart and would rather mess around with the software instead.

Thanks all
    02-18-12 11:51 AM
    The 9700 was my first BB so it will always hold a special place in my heart. I've moved to Android as my daily driver as well. I started getting sentimental over my 9700, and an awesome CB member donated her old one to me. I've had it on prepaid and WiFi and I use it primarily as a BBM machine. I had left my 9700 before OS6 dropped, so one of the first things I did was load it on. It was like having a brand new bb device for me, albeit one that lagged a bit and without much room for apps. I still use it every day for BBM, though.
    02-18-12 12:19 PM
    I have a 9700, just over 2 years old and in prestine condition - I''ve moved over to android though and wonder what I can do with my 9700 now that I don't need it as my phone.

Are there any cool operating systems out there that can allow me to turn my phone into something else? Like a custom operating system / third party OS that can let me use my blackberry as like an email / media center instead of a phone?

Its junk to me now, and I dont need it, but would happily hack it to death with some new software before I bin. Ordinarily I would take it apart and see whats inside / what it's made of, then break it and bin it, but cant be bothered to take it apart and would rather mess around with the software instead.

Thanks all
    Whats wrong doesn't your new phone have an Email option. you could Put it up on ebay & make some money off it....
    02-18-12 12:31 PM
    I still have and use an 9700. Love the phone. For as old as they are, people still seem to want them. I would list it on eBay and the for sale section in these forums.
    02-18-12 12:43 PM
    Thanks for the advice.

My Galaxy Nexus does have email - and handles it well . Not sure why I don't sell it, I wanted to have some fun with it and see if there were any other OS's out there that were made to run on the BB and do some funky stuff. 9700 was/is a good device, just dont fancy selling it for �100 or so.
    02-18-12 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD