I have a netbook and want to use my BlackBerry for a wifi connection. What is the difference between buying a tethering program and subscribing to Verizon's monthly hotspot program? Verizon charges $20 a month for Mobile Hotspot.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    04-29-11 01:06 PM
    The difference is Tether is against your T&C's of your service with Verizon and the Mobile Hotspot is the actual feature subscription offered by Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-29-11 03:54 PM
    The difference is Tether is against your T&C's of your service with Verizon and the Mobile Hotspot is the actual feature subscription offered by Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So would I be voiding anything by purchasing it and installing it?
    04-29-11 04:31 PM
    No, you wouldn't.
    04-29-11 04:50 PM
    Some folks have ethics issues using tethering without a sanctioned verizon plan. Others feel it should be included since they're paying for unlimited data. I'm ok using it sparingly via the "tether" app. To each their own.
    04-29-11 06:17 PM
    To be fair, when you have to pay more for tethering than you do for unlimited data (�5 for unlimited data vs �7.50 for tethering) then there's a problem. Had it been �7.50 for unlimited data and �5 for tethering, then fair play. At least, that's my take on it. By all means charge for tethering, but don't charge more than the cost of unlimited data.
    04-29-11 06:36 PM
    VZW charges 20 dollars a month for 2GB of data for the Mobile Broadband Connect. I pay 30 for unlimited data per month. As far as I am concerned, if you are going to be using the data all the time, do it right and pay. Wanna try and squeak out some use on Tether. Go ahead. Many do.

I went on vacation for a week and used the Mobile Broadband Connect. Very easy and pro-rated for the time I used it. And I didn't have to worry.

Just my opinion and I know many disagree with me. Just putting this out there.
    04-30-11 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD