Hi all, sorry for the obviously newb-ish question, but I am a newb to it all.

I'm in the market for a BB, and have just returned a curve to someone after borrowing it for a while and have since decided to get one for myself.

Now that I'm looking into it, I'm finding that there are loads of different model numbers for what I'm guessing is the same phone. I know that different phone carriers have different numbers attached to their phones, but what is if any, the differences (especially with the curve) and is there one that is better than the others?

Also, one company has offered me a deal on the 8800g model. It looks like the curve, but is it? And seriously, what is the difference???

Sorry again for the silly and I'm sure stupid questions, but I would very much appreciate anyones input/expertise on the issue.

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Jeremy
    01-21-08 10:31 AM
    8300 has camera
    8310 same as 8300 but with GPS built in
    8320 same as 8300 but with WiFi built in

8800 slightly larger size, with built in GPS, no camera
    01-21-08 10:34 AM
    whats carrer cause theres no 8800g but there is an 8700g and you wouldnt want the 8700g
    01-21-08 12:33 PM
    A lot has to do with what you want to do and how big of a BB do you want to carry around. The Curve is very nice as is the 8130. The 8130 is the smallest and has GPS but no WiFi. The Curve has WiFi and no GPS but is a little bigger.
    01-21-08 12:35 PM
    I think T-Mo UK call it an 8800g, too.

I use an 8800 and I love it.

If a camera is a must-have for you then the Curve is an obvious choice.

Personally I would prefer the 83 or 88 over an 81 purely for the size and the FULL QWERTY.

SO:
    Gonna be typing a lot, eMailing a lot and looking really Pro? 8800
    Gonna be typing quite a lot, eMailing quite a bit, taking pictures, and looking sociable? 8300

All-in-all the 88 is more of the business-mans BB compared to the friendly-man's 83
    01-21-08 01:14 PM
    First of all, thank you everyone for your responses, I truly appreciate all of your input.

For me, I'm very interested in having wifi, in fact I think that is a major deal-breaker. As far as GPS I don't really give a flying hoo-da, and camera, I have a nice digital, and I think one on the phone would be cool, but it isn't as important.

Emails, internet and function is all important, color and all the other bs means nothing to me...

Which is best? I'm still at a loss and would appreciate more imput.

Thanks again, and I will let you all know what I decide (and will prob be asking for help with it in the future).
    01-21-08 02:16 PM
    comes down to form factor 8120 will be out soon if not alreddy and it has wifi 8320 has wifi and 8820 has wifi you have to make a chiuce of what you want we cant tell you witch is the best as we just love our bb's there all close to the same funtion email and internet just typing is diferant and screen size
    01-21-08 02:59 PM
    I'm very interested in having wifi
    I wanted the 8820 for the WiFi but I found a great Unlimited data plan on the 8800.

So you want WiFi - 8320 or 8820 then. 8320 comes down to: do you like the whole 'gold' thing?

Just to let you know with the 8820, I LOVE my 8800, same phone except for the WiFi really.
    01-21-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD