I suspect the majority of people on this site like - no love - BB devices. I am one that loves the Bold 9930 and can't live without the QWERTY keyboard. I simply love it. Hands down the best device I have ever had. As much as it pains me to think of it, chances are good that BB will not be around and thus my BB 9930 device will wither away like my long line of Palm Treos. I realize there is always a chance they will survive by being bought out or some other QWERTY lover with megabucks will come in and infuse billions to help, but then again, I used to believe in Santa Clause also. I will keep my BB 9930 until the device or RIM dies but since I am a planner, I am starting to look at other devices just in case. Since I am a heavy user, the ability to change out batteries is a must. I simply love the ability to swap out batteries with my device - +/-1 minute power up and I am in business. I used to have a Tour and that was a 10 minute powerup which was ridiculous and annoying but no more! Since iPhone doesn't have the ability to swap out batteries, I am probably leaning towards the S4. I know - the iPhone has a battery pack that increases life but it adds weight to the phone and doesn't allow a normal fitting case to be used plus what happens when you have to charge both phone and battery pack? Answer - tethered to a plug for hours. Personally, I gotta go with a device that allows a simple battery swap. I need a QWERTY keyboard and battery swap with quick start up capabilities like the BB 9930.

Assuming the worse and BB sinks and/or no new usable appps become available for your BB device, what device are you going to transition to?

Hey mods/owner of site - love the name "crackberry" but if BB is no more are you going to change the name?
    09-22-13 09:31 AM
    Assuming it happens, it won't be tomorrow, so I'll stick with my Z10 untill it finally bites the bullet.

And then, around late 2015 (mid 2016? Late 2017? ), there will be new phones. I'll probably get one of those.

Can't tell you which since I have no idea which phones will be available when my Z10 dies on me (and I may even get a mint condition used Z10 then lol).
    Vorkosigan and big_time2 like this.
    09-22-13 09:36 AM
    I'd love to switch to an android qwerty phone. That would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:42 AM
    Since the devices out now will continue to function for the foreseeable future, there's no need to worry. If the OP is any kind of 'planner' as he claims he should know full well that with the pace of technology there's no way to adequately plan for what may be coming on the horizon. If your phone has two years left, how can anyone who doesn't claim powers of clairvoyance know what kind of devices will be coming? Two years from now we could be thinking of the idea of a mobile handset as quaint: there's no way to tell.

Enjoy your phone for what it is if it allows you to do what you need as efficiently as possible and let things take their course. Panic mongering serves no one, though the situation for BlackBerry looks incredibly grim.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei, momofteme and jupiter8 like this.
    09-22-13 09:44 AM
    I will be dumping my z10 very soon. I will be getting a z30, and then what every comes after that
    09-22-13 09:47 AM
    I'd love to switch to an android qwerty phone. That would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    Now you are talking!
    09-22-13 09:57 AM
    I will not switch as long as my devices work....unless a new model comes out. I will Ride the Blackberry train. Somehow I doubt BlackBerry will disappear....change yes but disappear nope.

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2.0.1745
    diegonei, djdragon and Vorkosigan like this.
    09-22-13 09:58 AM
    Since the devices out now will continue to function for the foreseeable future, there's no need to worry. If the OP is any kind of 'planner' as he claims he should know full well that with the pace of technology there's no way to adequately plan for what may be coming on the horizon. If your phone has two years left, how can anyone who doesn't claim powers of clairvoyance know what kind of devices will be coming? Two years from now we could be thinking of the idea of a mobile handset as quaint: there's no way to tell.

Enjoy your phone for what it is if it allows you to do what you need as efficiently as possible and let things take their course. Panic mongering serves no one, though the situation for BlackBerry looks incredibly grim.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with poster that you need to look at current technology to see what device is best today. I should have stated that more clearly in my post. Looking at the devices today, Samsung S4 looks the best. Will it be the best even six months from now - who knows. I am not sure where you draw the 2 year time frame from. You make the assumption full support - Tech, BES, etc. - will be available from BB if they exit. I don't. No one is panic mongering, just trying to get a realistic picture of available options.
    09-22-13 10:03 AM
    I will be switching to the Z30 as soon as I have the monies and it is available from Verizon! BlackBerry till no more BlackBerry! Which I'm in high hopes there will be a BlackBerry for many years to come!

Posted From My Amazing Z10 via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1323
    diegonei likes this.
    09-22-13 10:11 AM
    I suspect the majority of people on this site like - no love - BB devices. I am one that loves the Bold 9930 and can't live without the QWERTY keyboard. I simply love it. Hands down the best device I have ever had. As much as it pains me to think of it, chances are good that BB will not be around and thus my BB 9930 device will wither away like my long line of Palm Treos. I realize there is always a chance they will survive by being bought out or some other QWERTY lover with megabucks will come in and infuse billions to help, but then again, I used to believe in Santa Clause also. I will keep my BB 9930 until the device or RIM dies but since I am a planner, I am starting to look at other devices just in case. Since I am a heavy user, the ability to change out batteries is a must. I simply love the ability to swap out batteries with my device - +/-1 minute power up and I am in business. I used to have a Tour and that was a 10 minute powerup which was ridiculous and annoying but no more! Since iPhone doesn't have the ability to swap out batteries, I am probably leaning towards the S4. I know - the iPhone has a battery pack that increases life but it adds weight to the phone and doesn't allow a normal fitting case to be used plus what happens when you have to charge both phone and battery pack? Answer - tethered to a plug for hours. Personally, I gotta go with a device that allows a simple battery swap. I need a QWERTY keyboard and battery swap with quick start up capabilities like the BB 9930.

Assuming the worse and BB sinks and/or no new usable appps become available for your BB device, what device are you going to transition to?

Hey mods/owner of site - love the name "crackberry" but if BB is no more are you going to change the name?
    The Q10 obviously. My Z10 would be relegated to a media player basically.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-22-13 10:12 AM
    Well, I kept my Treo until June of this year, so I have no problem keeping this phone like forever or until another qwerty comes out that I like.

Posted via CB10 with my BBQ
    djdragon likes this.
    09-22-13 10:25 AM
    I think the Lumia 1520 will be my next phone.
    09-22-13 10:28 AM
    I think the Lumia 1520 will be my next phone.
    No! Dude! Hold on for the 1620. Now THAT will be the phone! Can't you really wait another 6 months?
    09-22-13 10:38 AM
    I'm betting that the BB ship never sinks so whatever device I choose in 2 years will be whatever top tier BB phone is available.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    09-22-13 10:46 AM
    Z30 definitely.

Love being different in a flocks of androids n iphones..
    That's what crackberry are made of.
    09-22-13 10:47 AM
    Switching to one of these devices as soon as they arrive: BlackBerry Z40, Q30 or the real Aristo.
    No Android phones, iPhones or Windows phones for me. I tried them all and they just weren't for me.
    S3 with root became my game phone over time, iPhone (from work) my music enabled phone and the try out Lumia ... well it just wasn't for me. Couldn't get used to the interface and color

Sooo to conclude, I'm sticking to BB, but enjoy your new non BB devices if you feel the need to switch.
    09-22-13 10:48 AM
    Large iphone - 5+ inches when released

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 10:49 AM
    This is just a plain ridiculous post. You are crying about your beloved qwerty keyboard being available in the future but appear unwilling to actually purchase a newer one. Ever heard of the Q10? Wow, all you doomsayers really need to get a clue.

09-22-13 11:00 AM
    Samsung Galaxy S5 or S6 after my Z10 dies.
    Unless something very big is released from BlackBerry that makes me buy my next 4th flagship BlackBerry phone, switching to Android is my plan.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10.
    09-22-13 11:08 AM
    Large iphone - 5+ inches when released

Posted via CB10
    doubt this will ever happen....
    09-22-13 11:08 AM
    Well since they went from Z10 to Z30 my next phone will be the Z50!!! Loving my Z10!
    09-22-13 11:36 AM
    From my lovely Zed 10 to a gorgeous Zed 30. That is my plan.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:58 AM
    I keeping my z10 cause I'm in a 3 year contract. After that hopefully a z40 or z50.

Posted via my white Z10. LG banter- blackberry bold 9900- Z10
    09-22-13 12:45 PM
    This is - as a recent university graduate with no money - an economic nightmare to me. This Q10 - which I love - cost me $200 and I didn't think I'd walk back to Target to buy another phone for three years. Now, to think that I might not only be losing the best phone I've ever had - and not to mention the only software OS I've ever used and LOVE it's customizability - but I'd also be losing my purchase and I don't know if I'll get my money back. What will happen to my contract? I don't want to give up my Q10! I love him! I've named him James!!!!! But if my device will eventually stop working due to BlackBerry leaving (in whichever way that is), I think I'll get a Nokia Lumia 920. I don't trust the security on Android (though I've wanted an S2 at some point) ,and I don't want an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 12:49 PM
    Exactly. I'm going down with the ship. Z30 are going to be cheap. Great for us, but bloody horrible for BlackBerry. I am holding out hope for a solution to the issues that blackberry is having, but in reality, it looks grim. Z to the end. Then, who knows.

The information contained in this product / on this site is for information purposes only, and may not apply to your situation. The author, publisher, distributor and provider provide no warranty about the content or accuracy of content enclosed. Information provided is subjective. Keep this in mind when reviewing this guide. Neither the Publisher nor Author shall be liable for any loss of profit or any other commercial damages resulting from use of this guide. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.
    09-22-13 12:53 PM
39 12