Sorry, Blackberry noob here. But I keep seeing browser threads talking about column view. What in the world is it?

lol thanks.
    04-25-11 01:12 PM
    Table support

In Column View, table rows that exceed the width of the device screen wrap to fit the width of the screen, and the row cells are stacked vertically.
    04-25-11 01:19 PM
    In layman's terms, in OS 5, the BlackBerry Browser had Column View, which fit web pages into the width of your device screen, allowing you to scroll up and down without panning sideways, and full-page view, which rendered the whole web page as you would see it on a desktop PC, but required lots of panning side to side and up and down to view the whole thing.

Column view worked perfectly with mobile-formatted sites like CB mobile. BB6 doesn't have the option anymore. We misses it terribly, we does.
    04-25-11 01:47 PM
    In layman's terms, in OS 5, the BlackBerry Browser had Column View, which fit web pages into the width of your device screen, allowing you to scroll up and down without panning sideways, and full-page view, which rendered the whole web page as you would see it on a desktop PC, but required lots of panning side to side and up and down to view the whole thing.

Column view worked perfectly with mobile-formatted sites like CB mobile. BB6 doesn't have the option anymore. We misses it terribly, we does.
    That's not entirely true ... You can still get column view in OS6 by double-tapping the text area, and I believe by clicking the trackpad when the Zoom icon (magnifying glass) is showing. What you don't have is a column View option to always display pages auto-formatted like that, which would really be nice to have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 02:02 PM
    That's not entirely true ... You can still get column view in OS6 by double-tapping the text area, and I believe by clicking the trackpad when the Zoom icon (magnifying glass) is showing. What you don't have is a column View option to always display pages auto-formatted like that, which would really be nice to have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's not a true column view, as it only wraps text, and not perfectly, at that. It does not prevent panning side to side, either. It just makes the text wrap to a single column on most non-mobile sites. And it IS true that there is no option or setting that toggles that view in BB6 other than the faux-wrap/zoom by clicking. It's not a setting in BB6. It is in OS 5.
    04-25-11 03:01 PM
    it does wrap with some things like some of these threads but not all of them, im not sure what makes the different ones wrap & others dont & full pages like Crackberry homepage doesnt wrap, it do zoom but doesnt wrap, I also does miss the column view, I really does
    04-25-11 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD