View Poll Results: what carrier should i go with!!!!

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • VERIZON

7 35.00%
  • ALLTEL

0 0%
  • SPRINT

8 40.00%
  • cingular (at&t)

5 25.00%
    I would like your help to decide what carrier to go with.

currently i am with alltel on my sisters family plan, i am getting my own contract now so i am deciding what would be best for me.. and man i never thought it would be this hard (damn phones). Any way i am on the verizon 30 day free trail crap and so far its ok but with this upcomming buying alltel out i am getting alittle worried.

ok here are some of the ideas atm..

Verizon - going with verizon i pay 180 ish a month and my friend chips in 40 of that for his line (4 lines on the account), and i get a 10% discount its not much but eh its free money. so for 130 i get my blackberry plan insurance on 2 phones 1400 min unlimited text pic etc.

Alltel - pretty much the same as verizon but i will get 10 my circle numbers which i really like, and 1/2 my family is on alltel now. and that about it lol

Sprint - says it has good coverage in my area i have never personally had them but they have great deals 99 for simply unlimited which i would prob use alot of that and can still get another plan and wont hafto worry about minutes.

i live in statesville NC 28677 and travel around charlotte and boone mts (blowing rock).

i am worried about the merger because i had alot of problems with cingular when they got at&t back in the day. so far the service has been good prices are not that bad for what you pay for and when they get alltel i can call my family for free cuz they will be verizon, and my circle isnt a huge deal just nice to have. so any body that has verizon, sprint, alltel give me a helpin hand on choosing my fate for 2 years lmfao. my big thing is coverage in NC/SC because i dont travel much and MUST i repeat MUST HAVE BLACKBERRYS, because i am addicted to them now (CURSES).

i thank all you in advance for your help and pointers

jason 8330 curve on verizon
    08-18-08 02:45 PM
    You can't choose a carrier by popular vote from people all over the world! It has to be the carrier that works for you, where you live and work. Ask your friends and coworkers who they use. Features, phones, national rep, ad campaigns, NONE of that matters if you don't have service where you are. We can't help you with that, and all you'll get is what works for us, not what works for you.
    08-18-08 02:57 PM
    You can't choose a carrier by popular vote from people all over the world! It has to be the carrier that works for you, where you live and work. Ask your friends and coworkers who they use. Features, phones, national rep, ad campaigns, NONE of that matters if you don't have service where you are. We can't help you with that, and all you'll get is what works for us, not what works for you.
    DITTO what he said. but i can let you know what works for me i had sprint and tmobile, tmobile works better for me but i am in miami,fl
    08-18-08 02:59 PM
    I'm in SC and I spend the most of the winter in NC for snowboarding in your area. I have verizon and even keep my service while on the mountain up there. If I were you I would stay with them. And there getting the thunder so its a win win situation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 03:16 PM
    Right on, my wife has T-Mobile which at the time seemed like a good fit for her. But she gets no reception at home.
    08-18-08 03:18 PM
    One thing to think about regarding Verizon and Alltel: Verizon offers their In-Calling feature on most of their calling plans that lets you call any other Verizon customer without using air-time minutes. In my particular case, ALL of my family has Verison and so do my two closest friends. The result is that I can have a plan with only 450 minutes each month and I never even come close to going over.

I don't know if this feature will be available for Alltel customers after the merger, but it might be worth looking into.
    08-18-08 03:22 PM
    I think TMO has free mobile to mobile on their regular plans (not myfaves). I've only had TMO and their predessors (Comcast Mobile > Omnipoint > Voicestream became TMO).
    08-18-08 03:33 PM
    Verizon all the way for me. Great customer support as well. One thing i really like about Verizon is my phone works in areas that are remote, like the middle of the lake, out in the woods camping, etc...
    08-18-08 04:23 PM
    thanks for some imput well i meant the poll to be for people who had those carriers that have a good experience with them. for me i personally dont like cingular but that was right before and during the merger with at&t. i have alltel and have had alltel for 2 years+ (bad memory) and they have been good so far cept the customer service, but who has great customer service now days. I am just worrying about the merger alot i think and just want a nice solid company haha.. but i am leaning twards verizon because of the nation wider coverage and they are pretty good so far and can only hope they get alltel and will call mobile to mobile (my mom and sister like to talk ALOT). hard to choose between them and get mycircle when i dono what is going to happen to them eaiter :P all i know for sure is i love my berry and who ever i get i will have one :P
    08-18-08 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD