i wonder if their accounts are "private" to only certain cs reps. i also wonder if they ever call into cs when they have problems....lol
    02-21-08 10:23 AM
    I don't have any proof, but here are few ideas...

Catherine Zeta Jones = T-Mobile

If the celeb is a drinker I would guess ATT - "more bars in more places"

Otherwise it would have to VZW because it is what I use!!!
    02-21-08 11:28 AM
    I know many use t mobile cause of the sidekick

Tv tv.. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 11:36 AM
    Well most celebs I see use verizon or att... And lots are seen with both...

02-21-08 11:36 AM
    sorry, that was meant to say celebs
    02-21-08 11:52 AM
    I know that for a while Brittney was using VZW because I saw her holding a vx9800 in one of those famous crotch photos....

It was enough to almost make me throw my 9800 away.
    02-21-08 11:56 AM
    I would think that their carrier choice is totally dependent on what full keyboard is available at the time. Most seem to favor the sidekick or the env from verizon. I know that accounts are not 'private' but would instead imagine that it's not under their name and an assistant takes care of CS calls.

02-21-08 01:45 PM
    PAs probs go to CS when needed. Or hey get a new one if there's a problem..
    02-21-08 02:24 PM
    i wonder if their accounts are "private" to only certain cs reps. i also wonder if they ever call into cs when they have problems....lol
    T-Mobile is really popular in West LA and their service is pretty good along the Wilshire corridor through Beverly Hills. Verizon also has pretty good coverage in West LA.

AT&T's service in West LA and along the Wilshire corridor on the other hand is horrible.

My guess would be that the younger, hipper celebs probably tend to use T-Mobile and the older types tend more to Verizon because Verizon has been around longest in West LA.

Celebs usually don't get involved in details concerning problems when things don't work. They tell their business managers to handle their problems.
    02-21-08 02:50 PM
    Celebs usually don't get involved in details concerning problems when things don't work. They tell their business managers to handle their problems.
    Yeah, I can't imagine Brittany or Paris really give a hoot who their carrier is as long as it works. I mean, who's in Paris' favorite five and who really cares??
    02-21-08 02:59 PM
    I don't have any proof, but here are few ideas...
    If the celeb is a drinker I would guess ATT - "more bars in more places"
    LOL Good one!!!
    02-21-08 03:00 PM
    In Australia, I can tell you from first-hand experience that most of our celebrities are on Telstra, and their accounts are not locked...

You'd be nuts to be snooping around in their accounts without reason though - our privacy laws are particularly strict with harsh penalties for breaches.

By the way, just so you know, a LOT of celebrities, famous people and people in the entertainment industry setup their accounts under company names, so you won't necessasarily find them with a name-search anyway!

02-21-08 06:32 PM
    good question.

i would think t-mobile, but eh.
    02-21-08 07:02 PM
    It would have to be T-Mobile or Verizon, AT&T is absolutely horrible all along Wilshire and on the PCH. I used to live in Malibu and it was like awful (it was fine when it was Pacific Bell but as soon as Cingular took over and then the AT&T merger, awful - AWFUL).
    02-22-08 01:20 AM
    Yeah, I can't imagine Brittany or Paris really give a hoot who their carrier is as long as it works. I mean, who's in Paris' favorite five and who really cares??
    Paris uses T-Mobile. She uses a Sidekick and her number was stolen awhile back.
    02-22-08 02:26 AM
    It would have to be T-Mobile or Verizon, AT&T is absolutely horrible all along Wilshire and on the PCH. I used to live in Malibu and it was like awful (it was fine when it was Pacific Bell but as soon as Cingular took over and then the AT&T merger, awful - AWFUL).
    I've never been able to understand why AT&T is SO HORRIBLE in West Los Angeles. For crying out loud, you can't make and keep a call on Wilshire Boulevard through Beverly Hills to save your life. Now let's remember that Los Angeles is the nation's 2nd largest city and Wilshire Boulevard is L.A.'s biggest street. If you can't provide decent cell service on the biggest street in the nation's 2nd largest city and haven't been able to get the problem fixed in almost TEN YEARS, well you ain't much of a cell-phone company.

AT&T is AWFUL. There is just no doubt about that. Heck, the line of people in the AT&T store on Wilshire near the Promenade in Santa Monica is continually full of people from the Palisades and Malibu howling about how bad AT&T's service is.

Wherever I go in West LA, all the "trendy" people use T-Mobile. I've sat next to more than a few celebs in restaurants around town and they all seem to have T-Mobile phones.

Verizon might get some of the older crowd because they've been strong in West LA since the beginning of cell phones, but there is no disputing that T-Mobile is generally the choice of the hottest stars.
    02-22-08 02:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD