That's funny...I just downloaded & extracted Stevie wonder's "hotter than July" album. (I used the downloads app)...

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Stevie Wonder?? Now that's a blast from the past. "I just called to say..... Da*n I held my iPhone the wrong way"
    05-10-12 09:04 AM
    So your answer is you couldn't do it in the browser so you had to get an app to do it. Correct? Because the iphone browser can't do it. Am I right?
    You asked ,"how would you go about doing that on an iPhone?" I answered the question...

05-10-12 09:05 AM
    Stevie Wonder?? Now that's a blast from the past. "I just called to say..... Da*n I held my iPhone the wrong way"
    Lol...

05-10-12 09:06 AM
    So your answer is you couldn't do it in the browser so you had to get an app to do it. Correct? Because the iphone browser can't do it. Am I right?
    Good... Hahahaha lol
    05-10-12 09:08 AM
    THIS
    • Android ships with carrier versions of e-mail/messages...Google ships with that too. Double notifications and sloooow push on chat and e-mails.
    • On iPhone, Beejive, AIM, WhatsApp, etc. all are slow to get messages. WhatsApp often disconnects and has to reconnect, it drains battery, and messages often don't arrive til you check the corresponding app. WTF?\
    Gmail app has instantaneous two-way sync. Far better than I ever experiences with my 9700.

As for messaging... iMessage between iPhones is instantaneous. eBuddy XMS has been rock solid for my family across platforms - meaning, messaging is instantaneous and it's never been down. Gtalk is also rock solid.

There are VERY few advantages that I see in the 99XXs compared to the latest iPhone and Android phones. Data conservation is one, and about the only reasonable one that I have seen. And, data conservation is subjective, in that it only matters to those who have to worry about data. LED light? I haven't missed it one bit. Customized profiles, etc.? Never did use those functions on a BB.

I love my GSII because it does everything that I need, and it does it well. Are there some things that I would love to see different? Sure, of course there are. But, they are not big deals. My wife loves her iPhone because, well, it "just works." She's not a techie at all, and it is extremely simply and easy to use.

And, my comments are not made because I hate RIM, or because I to see it fail. On the flip side, I want to see RIM come back and kick some serious . I would love to have another option when I am due for an upgrade next summer. My comments are more out of frustration that RIM has made so many poor decisions over the years, and they find themselves with phones today that fail to meet the wants and expectations of so many (myself included).
    05-10-12 09:08 AM
    You asked ,"how would you go about doing that on an iPhone?" I answered the question...

I'll take that as an yes. So how many apps would an iphone need to be able to download/upload mp3s, videos, documents, unsupported files etc? You know, the things a BlackBerry browser can do?
    05-10-12 09:12 AM
    I'll take that as an yes. So how many apps would an iphone need to be able to download/upload mp3s, videos, documents, unsupported files etc? You know, the things a BlackBerry browser can do?
    I can download videos/music/documents& email media from that app. No uploading though.

05-10-12 09:18 AM
    You can download full albums/videos from the bb browser? I remember using file scout, but it never worked out well for me.

05-10-12 09:21 AM
    Typing one handed while driving.....
    Unsafe and illegal in many states!
    05-10-12 09:25 AM
    After reading the replies it is clear many of you have not used Android for any length of time otherwise half the responses would not have been made.
    05-10-12 09:27 AM
    Only if you hold it in the hand, not if the phone is in a cradle on the dashboard. Big difference.
    05-10-12 09:28 AM
    You can download full albums/videos from the bb browser? I remember using file scout, but it never worked out well for me.

I've recently downloaded a 2GB video.

Edit - you can download any type of file format trough the blackberry browser, even if it's not supported by the phone.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 05-10-12 at 09:33 AM.
    05-10-12 09:31 AM
    Again, its not about whether its legal or not, but it can be done.
    Its like guns...You can use a gun to shoot a person, but its illegal. However you can still use the gun to shoot people.
    05-10-12 09:34 AM

Edit - you can download any type of file format trough the blackberry browser, even if it's not supported by the phone.
    Yes that's true.
    05-10-12 09:34 AM
    Push my work email easily....just input username n password and done!

In ipad it can onlt receive email, but can not sent...SMTP error thingy
    05-10-12 09:38 AM
    Apple say's "there's an app for that" Sure because it doesn't do some of the mere simple things out of the box stock.

Edit: The one thing I wish I could do is talk and surf. However, that is a carrier issue.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    05-10-12 09:41 AM
    Apple say's "there's an app for that" Sure because it doesn't do some of the mere simple things out of the box stock.

Edit: The one thing I wish I could do is talk and surf. However, that is a carrier issue.

Sent from my VZW 9330.

Just use your wifi. I always had my wifi on when I was on phone calls
    when I had my BB.
    05-10-12 09:52 AM

LOL... I know doing stuff in the browser is your definition of functionality, but if someone can do something in just as easy (albeit) different fashion on a different platform, what's the fuss? I don't think any reasonable person would debate iOS's overall prowess when it comes to media management.

I can download stuff from my browser, and do so all the time. I know this will fall on deaf ears, but apps do allow for added functionality that the BB Browser (or other platform browsers, for that matter) just cannot replicate.
    05-10-12 09:57 AM
    ...you can download stuff off the web with Mercury Browser for iPhone.
    05-10-12 10:00 AM
    LOL... I know doing stuff in the browser is your definition of functionality, but if someone can do something in just as easy (albeit) different fashion on a different platform, what's the fuss? I don't think any reasonable person would debate iOS's overall prowess when it comes to media management.

I can download stuff from my browser, and do so all the time. I know this will fall on deaf ears, but apps do allow for added functionality that the BB Browser (or other platform browsers, for that matter) just cannot replicate.
    So how many apps does an iphone need to replicate the BB browser functions?
    05-10-12 10:00 AM
    After reading the replies it is clear many of you have not used Android for any length of time otherwise half the responses would not have been made.
    This is true. The same can also be said for the users of Android and iPhone.

There are so many myths, misinformed information, and just plain lies in this thread going around about all OS's that it's pretty much just entertaining.

I think people should post what OS(s) they've used before saying what the others can and can't do. And what version they are going by.

Also specify what OS they are referring to when they make a list of can do, cannot do, can't do well, and can better.
    05-10-12 10:01 AM
    ...you can download stuff off the web with Mercury Browser for iPhone.
    Can you upload with it?
    05-10-12 10:03 AM
    Only if you hold it in the hand, not if the phone is in a cradle on the dashboard. Big difference.
    Here is what he said: "Typing one handed while driving....."

I'll say it again, unsafe and illegal in many states!
    05-10-12 10:05 AM
    Can you upload with it?
    I wouldn't know.
    I never have to upload anything.
    05-10-12 10:06 AM
    So how many apps does an iphone need to replicate the BB browser functions?
    Doesn't really matter if the BB cannot match the OVERALL functionality of an iOS or Android device, does it?

My point is is that being the best platform when it comes downloading video via a browser may not be enough for some professionals.

You cannot measure devices in parts. Your foil is the browser; I think a fairer question is how the device fits one's needs overall. I need a device that does most things very well, and can serve as a work horse and a recreational tool. Overall, for my needs, BBs (browsers and all), come up short currently.

Now, I could list those ways, but that distracts from the thread.
    05-10-12 10:06 AM
358 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD