We already know about the "Leap" and the new "Slider phone" what else is in the works? A Z30 upgrade for Christmas would be perfect! But that still leaves 1 more device.. A Q10 upgrade?, A Z10 upgrade perhaps? Something totally new?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blackberry...114426305.html

Discuss!

Update: The Porsche designs should probably be included here as well
    03-03-15 12:32 PM
    Leap, slider phone, all touch version of the slider phone and a Porsche design of the Classic maybe?
    03-03-15 12:42 PM
    1. leap
    2. slider
    3. porsche
    4. another keyboard (classic/q10/passport update)

there is no given order or timeframe for them either. I dont know why they didnt make this clear. Seems many people arent understanding it
    03-03-15 12:47 PM
    No flagship all touch is really ridiculous.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    03-03-15 12:50 PM
    1. leap
    2. slider
    3. porsche

there is no given order or timeframe for them either. I dont know why they didnt make this clear. Seems many people arent understanding it
    How depressing!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:53 PM
    No flagship all touch is really ridiculous.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    Not when the die hards here want keyboards, all touch is a thing of the past here at BBRY
    03-03-15 12:54 PM
    If you want all touch, get the slider and superglue it shut.
    03-03-15 12:59 PM
    1. leap
    2. slider
    3. porsche

Yup those are the 4. The Leap they've said April. The Porsche Design no one really cares. The other two I can't imagine earlier than September - probably one year after the Passport and Classic respectively.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-15 01:03 PM
    Yup those are the 4. The Leap they've said April. The Porsche Design no one really cares. The other two I can't imagine earlier than September - probably one year after the Passport and Classic respectively.
    i heard april for europe but didnt hear any US timeframe unless i just missed it
    03-03-15 01:05 PM
    If you want all touch, get the slider and superglue it shut.
    Haha! But seriously, if you want all-touch just don't use the slider keyboard.

The strategy makes sense to me. They could either make two flagship phones to please the very small all-touch and keyboard audiences individually, or they could release this one phone to please the (still small but in combination slightly bigger) general BB audience.

I'd also love an all-touch but I understand why they don't want to invest in a phone that will be bought by a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the market. I'll happily get the slider when it comes out even though I'll probably only use the keyboard once in a while.
    03-03-15 01:06 PM
    i heard april for europe but didnt hear any US timeframe unless i just missed it
    I guess they've learned not to make promises for the US as it's so largely dependent on carriers. I'm sure it wasn't BB's decision to have ATT launch the Passport 6 months after its release...
    jope28 likes this.
    03-03-15 01:07 PM
    Not when the die hards here want keyboards, all touch is a thing of the past here at BBRY
    Actually more people want the touchscreens if feedback from government employees is anything to go by.
    The z10s went down a storm (no pun intended) over pkb versions in pilots.
    Crackberry regulars may prefer pkb but that is only a small percentage of blackberry users.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-03-15 01:07 PM
    I guess they've learned not to make promises for the US as it's so largely dependent on carriers. I'm sure it wasn't BB's decision to have ATT launch the Passport 6 months after its release...
    But they had to file those corners down!

03-03-15 01:08 PM
    The 4th mystery device is code named "book" and it's going to be a foldable screen phone with a physical keyboard co developed by samsung (as with the slider) who owns the patent for foldable screens. Call it an informed guess...LOL

What are BlackBerry's 4 new phones this year?-samsung-flexible-display-promo-image-001.jpg

What are BlackBerry's 4 new phones this year?-0jeffreysass.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:11 PM
    Actually more people want the touchscreens if feedback from government employees is anything to go by.
    The z10s went down a storm (no pun intended) over pkb versions in pilots.
    Crackberry regulars may prefer pkb but that is only a small percentage of blackberry users.

Then govt employees can use the Leap. They don't need a killer spec phone, they need something productive and cheap if they're going to be buying thousands.
    03-03-15 01:14 PM
    Then govt employees can use the Leap. They don't need a killer spec phone, they need something productive and cheap if they're going to be buying thousands.
    Exactly. A lot of Z30 users call their device an "awesome workhorse ...". The Leap is basically a Z30 under a new cover. BB 10.3.1 doesn't need high end specs to work smooth. Why should you pay for CPU and RAM that you actually don't need? I like the idea behind the Leap.
    03-03-15 01:38 PM
    1 leap
    2 slider
    3 porsche
    4? They didn't say anything other than different colour classics

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:49 PM
    Depressing answers for us all touch fans. Perhaps the Passport AT (all touch)? I'd settle for that.
    03-03-15 02:03 PM
    Haha! But seriously, if you want all-touch just don't use the slider keyboard.

The strategy makes sense to me. They could either make two flagship phones to please the very small all-touch and keyboard audiences individually, or they could release this one phone to please the (still small but in combination slightly bigger) general BB audience.
    That's just how I used my Torch. Sometimes all touch, sometimes keyboard, depending on what, where, and when I was using my phone. For me, it was the best of all worlds.
    03-03-15 02:03 PM
    I guess I am stuck with my z10 for awhile. Not really the news I was hoping for. I know they have to do what they can to attract new business but. What a slap in the face to the all touch faithful. Very disappointing

Posted via CB10
    Mike1117 and bp22_ca like this.
    03-03-15 02:27 PM
    I guess I am stuck with my z10 for awhile. Not really the news I was hoping for. I know they have to do what they can to attract new business but. What a slap in the face to the all touch faithful. Very disappointing

Posted via CB10
    So your telling me you will stick with a z10 over a slider with wayyyy better specks a d everything it's a slider for peach sake dude the keyboard can stay in its your choice then you have a all touch. Geez not that difficult

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-03-15 02:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    FWIW, it looks remarkably slim for a slider (I'm not nuts about them, either). The screen portion looks incredibly slim, and it looks like it will have only a small impact on weight/thickness.

You could just leave the keyboard folded up; I almost never used the PKB on my Torch when I had one. I found the keys too narrow.
    03-03-15 02:58 PM
    If you are still using virtual keyboard in 2015, you need to make the switch to physical keyboard with a Passport, or a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    03-03-15 03:05 PM
    So your telling me you will stick with a z10 over a slider with wayyyy better specks a d everything it's a slider for peach sake dude the keyboard can stay in its your choice then you have a all touch. Geez not that difficult

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    FWIW, it looks remarkably slim for a slider (I'm not nuts about them, either). The screen portion looks incredibly slim, and it looks like it will have only a small impact on weight/thickness.

You could just leave the keyboard folded up; I almost never used the PKB on my Torch when I had one. I found the keys too narrow.
    As I recall one of the main complaints when using the 9800 series devices was the movement between the slider and phone, making creaking noises when typing on the screen. So unless Chen has a secret way up his sleeve to prevent this, we are just completing a full circle....much like the z10, z30 and Classic group. Also it added extra not needed bulk to a slim all touch device , if your making it fatter it would have been nicer having a large battery not another qwerty keyboard.
    anon8656116 and LuvULongTime like this.
    03-03-15 03:10 PM
    If you are still using virtual keyboard in 2015, you need to make the switch to physical keyboard with a Passport, or a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    No.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    03-03-15 03:42 PM
56 123