View Poll Results: What Kind Of Blackberry Do You Have?

Voters
943. You may not vote on this poll
  • Torch

173 18.35%
  • Bold

380 40.30%
  • Curve

189 20.04%
  • Pearl

22 2.33%
  • Storm

70 7.42%
  • Tour

39 4.14%
  • I have Several!

53 5.62%
  • Style

17 1.80%
    Im not sure about that but like I said earlier, I'm surprised that the Bolds are up there and not the Torches.
    The Torch is relatively new, most people are still locked on contracts with bolds, in my case for another year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 01:23 AM
    There are a lot of Bold users. I would have thought that there would have been more Curve users.
    10-21-10 09:05 AM
    This is an Enthusiast forum

an Enthusiast is more likely to buy the top of the line phone available at the time, which is why we are seeing bolds as the clear winners

Also those that Carry multiple devices like myself, will HAVE a Curve but seeing as I can only vote once in this ridiculous poll, I chose my more active of my currently active Blackberrys

The Torch is a Single Carrier device in the US, and was sold out at many locations in Canada the first week, which slowed adoption of the device,
    The Storm again a Single Carrier device in the US,
    The Curve a Multi National Multi Carrier entry level phone

The Bold a Multi National, Multi Carrier premium phone, it also has the 9000 form factor which is a highly acclaimed form factor among bold users, many will not upgrade for a smaller form factor keeping more people voting bold.

I suspect the Bold will always remain the top phone on this message board, unless the Bold line doesn't get an upgrade before the Curve and Strom lines with QNX if both those lines get QNX before the bold there will be a shift in popularity
    10-21-10 09:12 AM
    This is an Enthusiast forum

an Enthusiast is more likely to buy the top of the line phone available at the time, which is why we are seeing bolds as the clear winners

Also those that Carry multiple devices like myself, will HAVE a Curve but seeing as I can only vote once in this ridiculous poll, I chose my more active of my currently active Blackberrys

The Torch is a Single Carrier device in the US, and was sold out at many locations in Canada the first week, which slowed adoption of the device,
    The Storm again a Single Carrier device in the US,
    The Curve a Multi National Multi Carrier entry level phone

The Bold a Multi National, Multi Carrier premium phone, it also has the 9000 form factor which is a highly acclaimed form factor among bold users, many will not upgrade for a smaller form factor keeping more people voting bold.

I suspect the Bold will always remain the top phone on this message board, unless the Bold line doesn't get an upgrade before the Curve and Strom lines with QNX if both those lines get QNX before the bold there will be a shift in popularity
    One, its not rediculous. Its suppose to be like that because people can rig it then. To many this is an important poll. If they want to buy a blackberry and they think what has the most satified customers and they see bold at the top they're going to buy a bold. And two, if you have more than one device pick your favorite. Its just common sense...
    10-21-10 03:52 PM
    One, its not rediculous. Its suppose to be like that because people can rig it then. To many this is an important poll. If they want to buy a blackberry and they think what has the most satified customers and they see bold at the top they're going to buy a bold. And two, if you have more than one device pick your favorite. Its just common sense...
    It Still is ridiculous, Many users have multiple Blackberrys in Service, so the values are flawed as to which Blackberry's are populating the forum.

I don't know to WHO this poll shows importance with the exception of MAYBE a theme developer who is looking at what device to focus on making a CB theme for first to maximize adoption, a poll specifically about What Blackberry you have pick one, doesn't provide any statistically significant data.

the Poll Which Blackberry is Best, has a more significant question, as it asks you which is better of the ones you own, though the thread it's self is not laid out well as there needs to be a formatted follow up question or 3 to be added to each post and the OP should add statistics based on the 3 questions such as "Torch owners who think the torch is best site social feeds as a plus" "Torch owners who think the 9700 is best site batterylife differences, and weight as problems with the torch"

that would help a consumer make an informed decision this poll is just click and go, without and real data results being generated.
    10-21-10 05:48 PM
    The poll actually generated quite a few votes and some GREAT discussion. I'd call that I pretty good poll. It WAS missing an option though and I've just fixed it, you can now select I have several, as an option.
    10-21-10 07:08 PM
    Good call Rich! There's bound to be quite a few out there with multiple models.

Edit: Still surprised the Curve isn't getting more votes. We know there's more of them out there.. I guess this means Bold owners are more apt to visit CB.
    Last edited by Spiral_ouT; 10-21-10 at 07:22 PM.
    10-21-10 07:15 PM
    Right now, a 9700
    Before that, 8900
    And my first was a Pearl 8110. I really liked the Pearl. Going to look at the new one sometime but I think I've gotten to used to the qwerty keypad although SureType was very good, too
    10-21-10 07:39 PM
    I just got my torch yesterday and I'm loving it! Touch screen is easy to use, plus I love that it still has the qwerty keyboard..
    10-21-10 08:45 PM
    The poll actually generated quite a few votes and some GREAT discussion. I'd call that I pretty good poll. It WAS missing an option though and I've just fixed it, you can now select I have several, as an option.
    I'm not saying the Thread was a bad, just the Poll, a Poll that allowed multiple selection could have generated the same conversation results.

Excellent fix, wish I could recast my vote
    10-22-10 07:40 AM
    I have 2 functional 8300s currently not in use.
    I have a water-killed, defunct 8310 which I scavenged for parts to rebuild another functional 8310 for my son.
    My wife and I each have a Bold 9700.
    10-22-10 01:50 PM
    Thanks man

Bold +100 Votes
    10-22-10 04:10 PM
    Bold 9650 previously I had a 8330
    10-23-10 08:35 AM
    8700, 8300(both for work), 8310, 8100(water logged long ago), 9000, 9700, 9800(these are personal). Wife has an 8310 and a 9700 and will get a 9780 or a 9800 on her birthday in Dec. All are working except for the Pearl. Each one has served me well from the oldest to newest Blackberry. No regrets at all.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 10-23-10 at 01:32 PM.
    10-23-10 01:24 PM
    I have a Bold 9700. I'm sure this won't be my first and last Blackberry!
    10-24-10 11:00 AM
    My latest/current is a 9700. Now sticking with Bold. Next a 9780 !!!

10-24-10 04:26 PM
    Using the Bold 9650. Tour as the back up.
    10-24-10 05:59 PM
    If I could grandfather my "unlimited" data plan, Torch...
    10-25-10 12:31 AM
    I have the 8330 curve, and I love it! It's such a great phone
    10-25-10 09:20 AM
    I have a bold 9650 and tour 9630 and love both phones.
    10-25-10 10:38 AM
    I have a Bold 9700 and its my first BlackBerry device. It�s the best phone i have ever had
    10-25-10 10:41 AM
    Well, I am using Blackberry Curve 3G. This phone offers a full QWERTY keyboard and it is easy to handle and maintain. It is not as powerful as an iPhone, but it has largely used with a faster browser and Messenger through 3G upgrade. The e-mail messages, Blackberry Messenger and instant messaging services makes this phone ideal for those people and businesses.Messaging services also much faster.
    10-26-10 04:29 AM
    My first bb was a 9000, had it for quite a while, but the trackball got annoying, so switched to a 9700. Used it for like 9 months, and since yesterday I finally got my Torch!

10-27-10 01:49 AM
    8700 to 8800 to 8310 to 8520 to 9800. And on to the next whenever my next upgrade comes around...can't stop, won't stop. lol.
    10-27-10 01:52 AM
    Bold 9650, really nice phone. I see bolds are pretty popular on here.
    10-27-10 06:59 PM
561 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD