Hey guys,

So I'm getting a BB Curve 9360 in a few days with 100MB Blackberry data. My question is what exactly is Blackberry data and does it allow me to use BBM and surf the net and all that? Also, if I'm ONLY using BBM but using it a TON will 100MB be enough?

Cheers
    06-13-12 03:47 PM
    06-13-12 03:52 PM
    Thanks was very helpful, but do you think 100mb is enough just for BBM sending/receiving 300 messages a day?
    06-13-12 04:09 PM
    Thanks was very helpful, but do you think 100mb is enough just for BBM sending/receiving 300 messages a day?
    Yes. In fact more than you need. BBM and messages are highly compressible and BlackBerry compresses all this data. Now of course if you get emails with attachments often; that is a different story. But even then you can set your email on BIS so that attachments are not auto-downloaded. So you have a "choice" on a per message basis.
    06-13-12 04:35 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

100Mb is not that much. I have a 100Mb BlackBerry data plan and it is enough for me. WiFi data does not count against your data use with most carriers. You should verify this with your carrier.

Also check what happens if you go over your monthly limit. Maybe they will send you an SMS text message when you get near the limit.

For you BBM usage of 300 messages per day, this works out at 300 x 30 (days per month) or 9000 messages each month. Now let's assume that each message is quite large at 1024 bytes (1Kb in data network terms). This works out to 9.216Mb per month. So your rather large messages will be using up slightly less than 10% of your monthly total. Even this assumes that you will never be using WiFi and it also ignores the highly effective data compression used by the BlackBerry.

Once you have you BlackBerry and it's data plan is working, you should go to App World and download Traffic Monitor (it's free) and use that to keep an eye on your data for a month or so.

CrackBerry is full of helpful people who have encountered just about every problem that you can have with a BlackBerry so please come back and ask if you need help.
    lotuslanderz and wallahikhan like this.
    06-13-12 04:37 PM
    Cheers for the great replies! Looking forward to getting my Blackberry
    06-13-12 04:44 PM
    My new contract im getting cost �27 ... Bb bold 9900 , 500mins , 5000 texts , unlimited bb data. Is that deal worth my money ?
    02-01-13 12:09 PM
    My new contract im getting cost �27 ... Bb bold 9900 , 500mins , 5000 texts , unlimited bb data. Is that deal worth my money ?
    Everything but the voice minutes is great. I don't call much, and have free nights and weekends, so I would be okay with 500 minutes. It just depends how many calls you make a month.
    02-01-13 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD