Thought it'd be cool to start a thread where we post things we've found our blackberry can do, that other OS's cannot.

I found I can make a custom sound profile for a contact that overrides the system sounds. Example, even if my phone is on vibrate only, i have it set so if my wife calls or emails, it will still play a custom sound. Great for urgent notifications. Tried it on my Android and nope, it does not offer that function.

What have you found your blackberry can do that others can't?
    05-27-15 11:11 AM
    I can type this message on a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 11:29 AM
    I can double type on my Q10 and Classic. No other OS can do that.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 11:31 AM
    Have a unique os that you need to work around to get things done.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 12:16 PM
    Dazzle audiences with a beautiful presentation made with BlackBerry Express
    05-27-15 12:22 PM
    How about..

• Actually use and access your phone through BB Blend
    • Split work and personal accounts
    yvpan1 and daynebca like this.
    05-27-15 12:25 PM
    Have a unique os that you need to work around to get things done.

Posted via CB10
    Oddly enough android and ios have this feature too it must be a new industry benchmark.  integrated this feature into the android runtime rather than the core os and productivity features though.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and wincyUt like this.
    05-27-15 12:31 PM
    Shock and mystify strangers when they discover that not only does BlackBerry still exist, but you actually still use one.
    05-27-15 12:36 PM
    You can cover yourself from the sun or rain with BlackBerry Passport. This feature is amazing. I'm loving it!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 12:42 PM
    You can cover yourself from the sun or rain with BlackBerry Passport. This feature is amazing. I'm loving it!

Posted via CB10
    I'm curious, is this feature available for full sized users as well or just the "mini" users?
    05-27-15 12:46 PM
    Thought it'd be cool to start a thread where we post things we've found our blackberry can do, that other OS's cannot.

I found I can make a custom sound profile for a contact that overrides the system sounds. Example, even if my phone is on vibrate only, i have it set so if my wife calls or emails, it will still play a custom sound. Great for urgent notifications. Tried it on my Android and nope, it does not offer that function.

That's interesting. I can set my Nexus 5 to silent, have a favorite contact call, and the phone will ring with that contact's ringtone. Unless I'm missing something in your description, this option is available on Android devices, as well.
    05-27-15 01:08 PM
    That's interesting. I can set my Nexus 5 to silent, have a favorite contact call, and the phone will ring with that contact's ringtone. Unless I'm missing something in your description, this option is available on Android devices, as well.
    Correct. It's accomplished in a slightly different way, but the functionality is there.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    05-27-15 01:15 PM
    I can plug my Z30 into an Ethernet port and have a hard wired Internet connection! I can then plug it into my monitor and its basically a full blown laptop replacement.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 01:28 PM
    Not all Android can customize the profile as deep as a BlackBerry can.
    - BlackBerry has colorful leds
    - BlackBerry has got the hub
    - With a BlackBerry you can open a video/song on youtube, minimize and still listen to the video playing
    - On a BlackBerry you can insert an sd (iOS)
    - BlackBerry has got models with PKB
    - On a BlackBerry you can turn on wifi or the torch without 'freezing'/closing an app
    - With a Blackberry you have toast notification,which you can reply without opening any apps
    - BlackBerry gives you Blend.
    - BlackBerry is the only smartphone producers that gives the user the possibility to install QT apps (native) and "Java"(Android) apps.
    - BlackBerry Protect
    - BlackBerry gives you the best (subjective) email manager.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 01:32 PM
    I've just sent out multiple emails to the same person with each more than 8 attachments with a few clicks and without any lags or problems.

I know other OS can do that to, but it's some kind of productive simplicity that I love about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and limabo like this.
    05-27-15 01:33 PM
    Run apps without giving up my privacy, location, contacts, access to my emails, (BB-Native Apps).
    tli2000, to boldly go and Greened like this.
    05-27-15 01:34 PM
    I can plug my Z30 into an Ethernet port and have a hard wired Internet connection! I can then plug it into my monitor and its basically a full blown laptop replacement.

Posted via CB10
    I do that every single day with Android. I don't pay for cable TV anymore. Instead, I use a Android device connected to my Television via HDMI and connected to the internet via Ethernet. With USB OTG, I have an external hard drive and wireless keyboard/track pad combo all connected. It works great.

I've used similar setups with Android for a few years now and would never go back to paying for cable and all of the ads that go with it.

BlackBerry isn't the only one that can do those things. They weren't even the first to do them.
    Coachbulldog and forthperson4 like this.
    05-27-15 01:35 PM
    Run apps without giving up my privacy, location, contacts, access to my emails, (BB-Native Apps).
    You must not have read BlackBerry's terms of service. Before using BlackBerry ID or BBM, you must give BlackBerry full permission to collect, store and share all of those things that you just mentioned as well as the contents of your personal messages and some other goodies.
    05-27-15 01:42 PM
    You can basically do that on every device.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    05-27-15 01:47 PM

My Note 4 definitely has the ability to change alert sounds/vibration/or LED notifications for specific contacts.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-27-15 01:51 PM
    I can type this message on a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Two things. One, that is a hardware function, not an OS function. Two, there are still other phones out there with physical keyboards. The NEC Terrain and the LG Optimus F3Q are two Android phones that come to mind.
    05-27-15 02:08 PM
    Well this is going south quick.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    Donvald and MarsupilamiX like this.
    05-27-15 02:15 PM
    I can plug my Z30 into an Ethernet port and have a hard wired Internet connection!
    Didn't know this was possible so never thought to try this! Always just used wifi. You learn something new everyday just by reading!
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    05-27-15 02:30 PM
    You must not have read BlackBerry's terms of service. Before using BlackBerry ID or BBM, you must give BlackBerry full permission to collect, store and share all of those things that you just mentioned as well as the contents of your personal messages and some other goodies.
    It‘s not really necessary to have BBID/BBM to run native apps, right? Yes, nobody does it, but...it's possible .
    05-27-15 02:34 PM
    Not all Android can customize the profile as deep as a BlackBerry can.
    - BlackBerry has colorful leds
    - BlackBerry has got the hub
    - With a BlackBerry you can open a video/song on youtube, minimize and still listen to the video playing
    - On a BlackBerry you can insert an sd (iOS)
    - BlackBerry has got models with PKB
    - On a BlackBerry you can turn on wifi or the torch without 'freezing'/closing an app
    - With a Blackberry you have toast notification,which you can reply without opening any apps
    - BlackBerry gives you Blend.
    - BlackBerry is the only smartphone producers that gives the user the possibility to install QT apps (native) and "Java"(Android) apps.
    - BlackBerry Protect
    - BlackBerry gives you the best (subjective) email manager.

Posted via CB10
    God, I love those toasts! Sooo handy. But you‘re wrong regarding the Android compatibility - https://jolla.com/
    05-27-15 02:35 PM
289 123 ...